The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

13 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Kinda agree look at what happened with Patrick coming down thinking they are billy bigbaws and getting humped. Albeit us playing at home

Poor old Patrick always being confused with Partick Thistle.

Spoiler

I know it's autocorrect. 🤣

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

t would appear quite a few of us are on the Tomi Adeloye hype train going by the profile pictures. 

It’s early doors but the lad looks like a real prospect . Hopefully he can get to full fitness and avoid injury and Hoppy can sign him a striking partner of a similar caliber .

37 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It would appear quite a few of us are on the Tomi Adeloye hype train going by the profile pictures. 

Tbh he Andy Murdoch and Hewitt were pretty good. I say that and I know it was only against a league 2 club 

Edited by ryanayr1987

Hope Hamilton provide us with tickets , decision being made tomorrow by them , reckon they are waiting to see how many home tickets they can sell , can’t see it being anywhere near what they are allowed in attendance , they have just over 6000 capacity , don’t know what social distancing will cut that too , hopefully around 1500 , can’t see them selling over 1000 home tickets , knowing our luck they will have a capacity of 600/800 

Edited by Finlay21

41 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Hope Hamilton provide us with tickets , decision being made tomorrow by them , reckon they are waiting to see how many home tickets they can sell , can’t see it being anywhere near what they are allowed in attendance , they have just over 6000 capacity , don’t know what social distancing will cut that too , hopefully around 1500 , can’t see them selling over 1000 home tickets , knowing our luck they will have a capacity of 600/800 

They’ll be allowed 2000 in from Monday. Can’t see them selling that. Due to kick off time I won’t be able to make it 

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Will it be season ticket holders first dibs for away tickets as if it was a cup tie or just first come first served, do we know? 

PS thanks to what was maybe you (if not please pass on my thanks to whoever it was) who checked his details on computer and then walked my old man round to the entrance of North Terrace about 5 mins into the game on Tuesday from the club shop when his season ticket wouldnt scan at the turnstile. He phoned me as soon as he got in the ground and was so happy at the help he got that he forgot to be scunnered about the original issue haha. 

Edited by Hursty

23 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

They’ll be allowed 2000 in from Monday. Can’t see them selling that. Due to kick off time I won’t be able to make it 

All depends on social distancing, the part of the stand we used last night holds just over350 snd we could only accommodate 45 with social distancing 

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

Will it be season ticket holders first dibs for away tickets as if it was a cup tie or just first come first served, do we know? 

PS thanks to what was maybe you (if not please pass on my thanks to whoever it was) who checked his details on computer and then walked my old man round to the entrance of North Terrace about 5 mins into the game on Tuesday from the club shop when his season ticket wouldnt scan at the turnstile. He phoned me as soon as he got in the ground and was so happy at the help he got that he forgot to be scunnered about the original issue haha. 

If it was WW it was me , I believe it was a scanner issue , club still deciding which way to go if we get the tickets 

6 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

If it was WW it was me , I believe it was a scanner issue , club still deciding which way to go if we get the tickets 

Yup that's the one - as I say thanks.  Did seem to be a scanner issue - wasn't until after the game he realised he could probably have just tried the other turnstile or gave me a call but always good to have someone like yourself in the shop to step in and sort it 👍.

And on that note I'd also like to thank Cameron Salkeld for missing the one on one while this was all happening as if WW had missed the first goal in front of fans in a year and a half due to some sort of technology error I'd have been hearing about it for the next decade 🤣

Edited by Hursty

I made a right balls up of getting in yesterday.

After slagging all the technophobes and slow coaches ahead of me in the virtual queue I accidently bought a Somerset Road End ticket rather than a North Terrace one. 

Then I tried to get in at the North Terrace (both turnstiles) I tried my season card, the app and pdf and then the guy said to me to check my ticket on the app and it said SRE. What a plonker! (Me that is not the guy on the turnstile)

Thankfully, alls well that ends well as I could just walk round to the North Terrace from the SRE. More haste less speed for me next time.

10 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Terrific gesture! 👏

My grandad is on a mission to get 2 tickets. It's like a drug, really enjoyed last night so keen to get back again. 

Mission accomplished. I have a ticket for Saturday. 👍

I'm keen to see these Burnley U23s given two of them will be joining us. 

41 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

After slagging all the technophobes and slow coaches ahead of me in the virtual queue I accidently bought a Somerset Road End ticket rather than a North Terrace one. 

More haste less speed for me next time.

strong-bad-in-video-game-form.jpg.3d7924276b20014c4f90e8aa38407ba4.jpg

35 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Mission accomplished. I have a ticket for Saturday. 👍

I'm keen to see these Burnley U23s given two of them will be joining us. 

I'm kinda worried they're not going to be great superstars in the making that we had hoped for. Getting beat 4-2 by rangers youths doesnt fill me with confidence 

6 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'm kinda worried they're not going to be great superstars in the making that we had hoped for. Getting beat 4-2 by rangers youths doesnt fill me with confidence 

Don't forget Rangers youth skelped us 5-1 one preseason with a certain Mr Kelly getting a hat trick in about 20 mins . I think we signed him on loan  after the game . What a player !

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I think people forget how good the old firm youth teams are at producing good players. Burnley isn’t necessarily on that level even though it’s a premier league club. 

They tend to hoover up the talent pool in the whole of Scotland, shake them up, and then keep the best - bin the rest (even Gordon Ramsay ffs 🤣)