The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Team looking better than I expected. Played some really good stuff some of the youngsters looking like they can make an impact this season. 

Good thing is it isn’t just hoof it up and hope it sticks although we  do have that option if we need too. Will be interesting to see who we add. 

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I know we’ve got some injuries and we’re still to sign some players, but that starting 11 must be one of the worst we’ve put out in quite a few years. 

Well this aged well.

Sounds like a much more promising performance and obviously good result. Good stuff.

Well this aged well.
Sounds like a much more promising performance and obviously good result. Good stuff.
It was far better than Saturday, and EC to me looked much better than Albion.
Some positives from tonight for sure, and Tuesday will be more of an indicator where we are.

Pitch is looking superb as well.

Reading looks like he’s going to be our main outlet. McKenzie did really well at the second & third goals. Adeloye looks decent, wonder how he’d do with Moff behind him. Salkeld looks just what Morton fans said he’d be, plenty of effort but not so much ability. 
Edinburgh City looked poor but that was night and day to the Albion Rovers game, hopefully promising.

Huge mention for Hewitt who I thought offered plenty in the middle of the park against a L2 team. 

He looks like he's grown and strengthened during the summer, he was comfortable in possession, got himself forward from the middle of the park and worked hard throughout. 

6 minutes ago, munro7 said:

Reading looks like he’s going to be our main outlet. McKenzie did really well at the second & third goals. Adeloye looks decent, wonder how he’d do with Moff behind him. Salkeld looks just what Morton fans said he’d be, plenty of effort but not so much ability. 
Edinburgh City looked poor but that was night and day to the Albion Rovers game, hopefully promising.

I’d say that you are being harsh on salkeld the keeper made two great saves against him and on another night he would have scored. Your welcome to your opinion but that’s how I saw it

First of all, absolutely delighted to be back. I know not everyone was fortunate enough to get to the game tonight so I consider myself very lucky to have been able to attend. I hope everyone that wasn’t there tonight can get back as soon as possible.

As for the game, the best I can say is we were very comfortable. Edinburgh didn’t offer much and spent the majority of the game trying to stifle us. If we had more quality up front we’d probably have cut them open more often but I’ll settle for 3 goals with that starting 11.

Adeloye was a handful and if service improves he’ll score a decent amount of goals imo. McKenzie took a wee while to get into the game. He’s not a striker that’s as comfortable on the ball as most others but he got better as the game went on and bagged two good assists. Apart from those 2 our standouts were Reading, Murdoch and Hewitt. All three did really well and Murdoch looked back to what he was like a couple of years ago. Hewitt also looked pretty tidy in midfield and I could see him being a backup in there if we were missing players.

We’re still very clearly short of a handful of players and this needs addressed as soon as possible. We need another couple of strikers as Salkeld isn’t a long term option there. We could also do with a number 10 as the main issue right now is we aren’t creating enough clear cut chances.

Wasn’t quite the punt and run I was expecting which was pleasing. We did seem to try and play from the back, maybe Smith has had a word after spending a bit of dough on the pitch. We do deem decent enough defensively. It’s all going to be down to who we had offensively as Tomi did see isolated when he was getting a hold of the ball. Salked clearly an athlete, but not up to much in the final third. Thought Hewitt didn’t look out of place, although a word of caution, it was a league 2 side we were playing. Need at least 2 decent attacking mids and another striker to come.

And McGinty seemed the most composed out that back 3! Muirhead needing to cut out the Hollywood Pirlo esque passes out wide too.