The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Surely your the snowflake getting offended at a manager getting quite rightly hounded?

No not offended at all . Guy needed to get his chance , he got his chance , by half time v Rovers it was done . I didn’t wish for it to happen as some did but it happened none the less . The blow back threatened to put this season in the bin . Mathie coming in has given Ayr United a second chance to make something off this season , obviously a down grade on what we’d have wanted , but something positive never the less .

Me a snowflake ? Not even in the next life moosh ..... Enjoy Dumfies , who knows the worm just might turn down there .

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

It was more a joke about how shite our team is just now. 
McKenzie could have been out on loan this season based on how much he has played. 
Ecripont is 3rd choice left back, beyond that I’d be hard pushed to name another youth player that isn’t already on loan at a junior team.

id rather they played out on loan than a game at KG5 every week 

There is a school of thought just now, which I'm inclined to agree with, that the WoSFL Premiership is a stronger league than the LL above it in the pyramid. We should absolutely be looking to utilise teams in that league next season.

The league is going to completely change with the top teams remaining, the winners of the conferences joining them and the weaker teams floating off to form new conferences. So it will be a pretty respectable standard. Obviously as the upwardly mobile clubs start to filter up it will change, but building relationships now will be a good move. It won't be long before we see the likes of Auckinleck and Darvel chapping at the League 2 door.

Duffy is the part of the problem and not part of the solution. I'm hoping it won't take Mathie long to realise that.

We are only going one way with Duffy. The goodwill has gone and performances have been poor. The squad is poor no doubt but he's not eeking every bit of performance out of them. He's doing exactly the opposite.

Fail to win against Queens on Saturday and we're one league win in twelve. That's not acceptable, no amount of this isn't Duffy's squad covers that up. Its an aberration and he has to take responsibility for it. Our points per game is about to drop below 1 as well under Duffy. Kerr never managed that feat either. 

Clock Tick Tock GIF by MOODMAN

I think in a roundabout way Mathie was probably referring to St Johnstone with Perth being a similar sized place and they've got a club who won the domestic double last season and only get about 3,000 if that at home games.

There's absolutely no reason why we can't get near 3,000 on average at home games if we go about things right and that'll give us the best possible chance in the future of being able to get promoted if the opportunity arrises. 

32 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

There is a school of thought just now, which I'm inclined to agree with, that the WoSFL Premiership is a stronger league than the LL above it in the pyramid. We should absolutely be looking to utilise teams in that league next season.

The league is going to completely change with the top teams remaining, the winners of the conferences joining them and the weaker teams floating off to form new conferences. So it will be a pretty respectable standard. Obviously as the upwardly mobile clubs start to filter up it will change, but building relationships now will be a good move. It won't be long before we see the likes of Auchinleck and Darvel chapping at the League 2 door.

This is the players we've got out on loan that I know of currently and where those teams are in the league.

WoSFL Premier

Kinlay Bilham – 19 y/o – Irvine Meadow Pos: 8/20

Paul Smith – 19 y/o – Cumnock Pos: 12/20

Jonny Hogg – 17 y/o – Rossvale Pos: 17/20

James Dolan – 18 y/o – Rossvale Pos: 17/20

WoSFL Conf A

Alex Jeanes – 18 y/o – Girvan Pos: 9/16

Andrew Heaney – 18 y/o – Girvan Pos: 9/16

Will depend on how much of an opportunity they get with us and the individual characters but in the past players such as Longridge and Crawford showed no fear when making their debut in this league while it was here where McGuffie and McCowan first featured regularly. Personally I'd prefer watching an unknown 18 y/o Forrest type player from the academy over someone like Salkeld who is never likely to improve.   

4 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

This is the players we've got out on loan that I know of currently and where those teams are in the league.

WoSFL Premier

Kinlay Bilham – 19 y/o – Irvine Meadow Pos: 8/20

Paul Smith – 19 y/o – Cumnock Pos: 12/20

Jonny Hogg – 17 y/o – Rossvale Pos: 17/20

James Dolan – 18 y/o – Rossvale Pos: 17/20

WoSFL Conf A

Alex Jeanes – 18 y/o – Girvan Pos: 9/16

Andrew Heaney – 18 y/o – Girvan Pos: 9/16

Will depend on how much of an opportunity they get with us and the individual characters but in the past players such as Longridge and Crawford showed no fear when making their debut in this league while it was here where McGuffie and McCowan first featured regularly. Personally I'd prefer watching an unknown 18 y/o Forrest type player from the academy over someone like Salkeld who is never likely to improve.   

Always wondered why with Whitletts Vics on the doorstep why they never get anyone on loan? With them also moving back to the astro at Whitletts it could be an opportunity to have a training base close to Somerset without spending a fortune and having some sort of partnership with the local club

8 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Could see Duffy taking the cream puff if he wants a bunch of players that Mathie just says yeah...no, to. Only one winner out of that.

Might be the other way around. "Here Jim, I've signed these boys for you" 

If it is, maybe he won't want to stick around for it. 

11 hours ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

Always wondered why with Whitletts Vics on the doorstep why they never get anyone on loan? With them also moving back to the astro at Whitletts it could be an opportunity to have a training base close to Somerset without spending a fortune and having some sort of partnership with the local club

I think we tried years ago to get a partnership with Whitletts but I'm guessing the offer was a full squad of players and our academy coaches in charge as we ended up going to Lugar for the 15/16 season and Annbank the follow season and that was the deal they got. A few recognisable names played on loan for both most notably Luke McCowan so maybe with no reserve league and some teams struggling financially it's worth considering again.

Graeme Mathie appeared for Motherwell, Ayr and East fife. 
Is it safe to assume he'd have contacts at Motherwell? Honestly wouldn't mind Robbie Crawford back for a short spell till Ayr get themselves sorted towards the end of the season. 
I'm minded of Marvin Bartley highly praising Mathie for the way he was treated when being brought up to Hibs, when he did the Si Ferry podcast. He couldn't speak highly enough of him.
I'm hoping this sort of positive long lasting connection will serve Ayr well, as everyone in football will have connections to some degree or other.