The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Disappointing to miss the chance to go sixth today. Problem with the number of new signings we need is that it will then take time to get them working as a team. Let's hope we can fluke a few results in the meantime.

Gondoh and O’Connor were absolutely woefull, Gondoh passed the ball straight to there man to set up the one two for them to score, both look way off the pace and at best bench warmers.

The two new guys both look decent boy up front is left sided and has a bit of pace I’m hopeful for him, but if this is what Mathie and glendinning are bringing we’re definitely fishing in a pond where the big ones have been caught and not inspiring.

Hamilton were no world beaters and just above average across the park so for me it was another big chance gone.

Maxwell Came on set up the goal and was our biggest threat why he didn’t start is a mystery, and have to say if they scored the penalty Mcginty would have been hounded tonight for his clumsy challenge, Fjortof must be wondering when am I getting a chance to redeem himself.

Bullen clearly doesent rate Adeloye and that is worrying as he’s the only one that will get us out of this, yes he goes down to easily but absolutely no support today  and none from Ref Beaton who gave him nothing when he was clearly being fouled. This system Bullen is playing unless he is going to get a partner up front with him we won’t get the best from him.

So for me

Mathie and Glendinning surely you can get better than this, and Bullen need to do a lot better not impressed.

Gondoh and O’Connor were absolutely woefull, Gondoh passed the ball straight to there man to set up the one two for them to score, both look way off the pace and at best bench warmers.
The two new guys both look decent boy up front is left sided and has a bit of pace I’m hopeful for him, but if this is what Mathie and glendinning are bringing we’re definitely fishing in a pond where the big ones have been caught and not inspiring.
Hamilton were no world beaters and just above average across the park so for me it was another big chance gone.
Maxwell Came on set up the goal and was our biggest threat why he didn’t start is a mystery, and have to say if they scored the penalty Mcginty would have been hounded tonight for his clumsy challenge, Fjortof must be wondering when am I getting a chance to redeem himself.
Bullen clearly doesent rate Adeloye and that is worrying as he’s the only one that will get us out of this, yes he goes down to easily but absolutely no support today  and none from Ref Beaton who gave him nothing when he was clearly being fouled. This system Bullen is playing unless he is going to get a partner up front with him we won’t get the best from him.
So for me
Mathie and Glendinning surely you can get better than this, and Bullen need to do a lot better not impressed.

You’ve just called Ashford “uninspiring” when he scored on his debut?

I really don’t understand folk turning their noses up at signing guys from League 2/Conference level but would happily accept any old name that’s played up here.

38 minutes ago, Ayrhead1 said:

The criticism Mcginty gets on this thread is way over the top. Every mistake is criticised. Pity we can’t pay £50 million for the perfection that is Harry Maguire!! He is a leader and our captain and is trying his best for the team and played well today imo. Give him a break ffs.

Not sure what the worst take is here. A strong defence of McGinty , or the idea that Harry Maguire represents the perfect centre back.

4 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

6th would be amazing I'd be delighted with 8th 

I'd take 8th right now. The home/away imbalance of games remaining has me worried - our away performance is terrible from a points per game perspective. We've got 6 points from 10 away games.

Tomi needs to have a word with himself. Maybe one day the penny will drop. I’ve loved him since he came showed a lot of passion early doors chased everything scored goals etc.

For the past couple of months goodness me. He doesn’t even lookl like a footballer. Can’t trap a ball can’t hold up can’t run in behind. I do believe he works better as a 2 but he’s not even putting a shift in now. A don’t know why he has this inflated ego of constantly going in huffs, going straight up the tunnel and posting cryptic messages. For the record aswell the stuff that’s been said before on black and white TV was wrong and there were plenty before him that was further deserving of stick but today was real real real bad.

I know if it wasn’t for his goals we would be rock bottom but he needs to put his own issues to one side and I think this shows why he’s had more teams than a corgi

Bullen said in his post match interview that the Partick game will be a very different match and we will adjust the lineup accordingly. I hope that doesn't mean we'll go overly defensive and sit in even more. We really need to just try to play and have a go, otherwise I fear another heavy defeat.

6 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Bullen said in his post match interview that the Partick game will be a very different match and we will adjust the lineup accordingly. I hope that doesn't mean we'll go overly defensive and sit in even more. We really need to just try to play and have a go, otherwise I fear another heavy defeat.

I’m not actually sure that starting set up could get more defensive so surely not.... 

16 minutes ago, AuAl said:

The Firhill pitch resembles a tattie field just now with Queens Park using it so can't see it being conducive to silky on the deck football

16 minutes ago, rb123! said:

The Firhill pitch resembles a tattie field just now with Queens Park using it so can't see it being conducive to silky on the deck football

Then we are just as well playing two up front and giving more chance of the aimless hoofs from defence reaching anyone...

Would be surprised if anything in this as Rowe is a RB who can play CB but suppose he could replace McAllister in the squad.

Coventry U23's do play in the same league as Sheff Wed's team and this agent had previously followed Dunfermline who signed a player on loan from Leeds that he represents so maybe a similar pattern.   

image.png.dfd17128fde0f4de4045dbaccbc5f2f6.png