The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

It's quite remarkable that we're not an even bigger binfire given we are on our 3rd manager of the league season and we're only 22 games in. Its been mental thus far.

I'm 50/50 on whether we stay up. The next two signings are crucial before the window slams shut. 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

I can think of numerous players in Scottish football who are far worse, albeit they all get far more leeway than Tomi who is generally booked immediately. He is quite demonstrative when he does it, which possibly doesn’t help him and our officious referees obviously have to be seen to do something if someone throws their hands up on frustration. 

It's not just in Scottish football that Adeloye has that record of being booked - looking at his time at Barnet and Ebbsfleet his ratio of minutes to bookings was even worse.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

It's not that unusual a trait. I watched Gregory Tade get sent off at Stranraer for two quickfire yellows as he kept moaning. It didn't stop him scoring loads of goals mind.

You also see it every week on Match of the Day. 

It's part of the game.

Tade's disciplinary record was far better than Adeloye's.

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

It's quite remarkable that we're not an even bigger binfire given we are on our 3rd manager of the league season and we're only 22 games in. Its been mental thus far.

I'm 50/50 on whether we stay up. The next two signings are crucial before the window slams shut. 

I reckon QOTS will finish bottom….

Between you guys and Morton for play off.

Hamilton and Dunfermline will have enough to move away from danger. 

Sounds like QOS are in need of a forward. Surely we could get them to take Afolabi...
200.gif

Mo Salah would be ineffective among that shower. A striker can't score if they don't have any chances.

Is Afolabi any good, (or even not completely shite) at Management? I'd take him for that role certainly.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

Mo Salah would be ineffective among that shower. A striker can't score if they don't have any chances.

Is Afolabi any good, (or even not completely shite) at Management? I'd take him for that role certainly.

Can't believe you've not punted AJ

1 hour ago, rgreig said:

Tade's disciplinary record was far better than Adeloye's.

Yeah, I was using the two yellow cards as a specific example of indiscipline. Rather than a comparator between the players. In Tade's case he learnt from that experience and matured.

There was also the guy (Moussa?) who got subbed on at Dundee and proceeded to foul our entire backline in a cup game. Neil McCann was screaming at the guy to calm down. It was patently obvious he was going to get himself sent off and two quick yellows and he was.

27 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Waste of time sending him to that shite league. Duffy was a fucking idiot for not playing him.

If we really wanted him back you'd think Mathie could make some assurances to the decision makers at Easter Road to make it happen. 

I can only assume we didn't actually want him back. 

If we really wanted him back you'd think Mathie could make some assurances to the decision makers at Easter Road to make it happen. 
I can only assume we didn't actually want him back. 

Mathie can make all the assurances he likes but he doesn’t exactly hold good favour with the guys at Hibs anymore. We fucked it by not using him enough under Duffy and that’s why Hibs didn’t let us keep him.

As far as I know we were prepared to wait until well into February to get him back so it’s probably down to Hibs that he hasn’t come back.

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Mathie can make all the assurances he likes but he doesn’t exactly hold good favour with the guys at Hibs anymore. We fucked it by not using him enough under Duffy and that’s why Hibs didn’t let us keep him.

As far as I know we were prepared to wait until well into February to get him back so it’s probably down to Hibs that he hasn’t come back.

Guesswork on both our parts with regards the relationship of Mathie and his previous employer. 

Bradley would have an input if he fancied coming back to us, perhaps he just didn't. 

Guesswork on both our parts with regards the relationship of Mathie and his previous employer. 
Bradley would have an input if he fancied coming back to us, perhaps he just didn't. 

They sacked him didn’t they? He was the last of the people left that worked under Rod Petrie and when Ron Gordon took over, one by one they all seemed to leave. I’m not sure how much he was to blame for Hibs having a poor transfer window last summer but it was certainly blamed on him by Gordon and used to get him out. Whether that would affect our chances of getting Bradley back I’m not sure.

As you say he may have just had a bad experience here and didn’t want to come back. Happens all the time with loanees dropping down the league.

6 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I think results have looked mixed, but how do you feel about Bullen so far? 

I'm not sure, far too early to really tell. I wouldn't be chasing him out the door if we ultimately go down as the squad was a riot when he came in, so hard to lay the blame on him. He's got a mammoth job ahead of him to keep us up, seems to talk a good game and has clearly noticed the fact we are missing a midfield which 3 managers before him didn't. I'm sat on the positive side of the camp, atleast another in the door and I'll be happy enough for now. 

21 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

He seems a good communicator and also popular with the players.

We've not yet got any set pattern to our play although that isn't his fault as he's not had enough time plus has been stuck with most of the dross that was already here.

We're also not 100% sure who identifies and deals with the transfers (probably Mathie) so we can't even really rate him on the success or failure of our new signings / guys punted.

I'm definitely wanting to stick with him though for at least the medium term and let him show us what he's got.

Seems a decent guy with positives off the field, not convinced on it tbf, but very early and deserves far more time to rectify the mess, he must however very quickly find a shape especially an attacking threat. 

Mathie is in the same position talks very well but unconvinced re signings so far,  he must provide Bully with an experienced leader type preferably in the midfield, this team has had no obvious leaders since Bell and Geggan. 

52 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I think Bully is our guy . Long term planning is a hallmark of our Chairman. This move was all supposed to happen in the summer, where Bully would have had a blank canvas and a good few quid to get us sorted out . However the Duffy shambles at Palmerston made sure plans had to be brought forward by six months . I feel we are going to stick with Bully no matter what league we are in next season . I am hugely optimistic about this appointment .