The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

It wouldn't surprise me if he was one of them, what was his name again? 
No idea about the other, only possibility i've heard of is Liam Craig but think that would take something spectacular to happen before Monday night. 
You said about Iain Wilson but i'd imagine he could end up back at Queens and i wouldn't class Appere as a midfielder
Blane Rowe is the guy from Coventry that's following us on Twitter

12 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
15 minutes ago, rb123! said:
It wouldn't surprise me if he was one of them, what was his name again? 
No idea about the other, only possibility i've heard of is Liam Craig but think that would take something spectacular to happen before Monday night. 
You said about Iain Wilson but i'd imagine he could end up back at Queens and i wouldn't class Appere as a midfielder

Blane Rowe is the guy from Coventry that's following us on Twitter

From what i can see it only says about him being a RB so not sure. This is what Coventry website says.

Rowe showed versatility during the 2020/21 season, as he regularly filled in at centre-back at times, as well as playing in his natural right-back position.

Edited by rb123!

Just hoping the signing of non league jobbers with about 50 clubs between them, wont bite us on the arse. The lad Ashford looked decent but Gondoh and Adeloye were so far off the boot it was bordering on embarrasing. Still think Queens will be relegated and if we do finish 9th, we should have enough go beat a league 1 team. 

A hard month ahead of us in Feb. Not one I'm looking forward to 

Edited by Thereisalight..

Just hoping the signing of non league robbers with about 50 clubs between them, wont bite us on the arse. The lad Ashford looked decent but Gondoh and Adeloye were so far off the boot it was bordering on embarrasing. Still think Queens will be relegated and if we do finish 9th, we should have enough go beat a league 1 team. 

Gondoh and Adeloye have shown they can add something though so can’t be written off after yesterday’s game. Adeloye is a standard championship striker and is going to be inconsistent. We just have to hope that he can chip in with a few more goals before the end of the season.

Just hoping the signing of non league robbers with about 50 clubs between them, wont bite us on the arse. The lad Ashford looked decent but Gondoh and Adeloye were so far off the boot it was bordering on embarrasing. Still think Queens will be relegated and if we do finish 9th, we should have enough go beat a league 1 team. 
I get Tomi gas been off the pace the last few weeks but he's still one of the top scores in the league, the only Hopkin signing you can say has been a successd990f6e0564e31c4a01fc7d140ba643c.jpg

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

If we didn't have Adeloye and had been relying on Afalobi i honestly think we'd be bottom

We've Amazing Ashford Now!

I don't see how Afolabi could help Queens park at all, though would like to know the reason it fell through. 

If it is Rowe then there must be someone in the defence getting shifted on.
Unless he’s to join the long painful list of defenders we’ve been shoe-horning into midfield the past two seasons.

Makes me think it’ll be Fjortoft. From memory he can cover RB as well and has been well out the picture for a while now.

25 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

We've Amazing Ashford Now!

I don't see how Afolabi could help Queens park at all, though would like to know the reason it fell through. 

If we either played through the Midfield or regularly put quality crosses into the box, then I'm sure Adeloye would score many more than he already has. I'm also pretty sure that Afolabi would even look a far better player, however the sad truth is that we could have had a fit Aguero up top and we'd have made him look poor with our lack of service, terrible distribution and expectation of the strikers to be chasing down forlorn hope type balls time and time again with little to no chance of success. 

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Makes me think it’ll be Fjortoft. From memory he can cover RB as well and has been well out the picture for a while now.

I’m sure he played right back a few times at the start of the season aye.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Just hoping the signing of non league jobbers with about 50 clubs between them, wont bite us on the arse. The lad Ashford looked decent but Gondoh and Adeloye were so far off the boot it was bordering on embarrasing. Still think Queens will be relegated and if we do finish 9th, we should have enough go beat a league 1 team. 

I've got no issue where the players we sign come from. We're clearly signing players of a certain age and profile to let Bully work with them day in day out and to develop them individually and collectively into hopefully something close to an above average Championship / playoff team. 

What we need at the moment is results over performances. The time for working on inventive set pieces, shape in and out of possession, overall playing style and team structure is hopefully being worked on week to week. It's a fine balance between results at the moment to save our league place and the bigger picture.

It's on the manager and his coaching team to maximise every player's performance but it's also down to the players themselves to be able to pass the ball to each other, compete against their opponents and to create chances. We're clearly a work in progress and it clearly shows at times. With the talk of hopefully another two to come in, with some clever and shrewd recruitment there's no reason why we cant stay up this season and then build.

I think it’s also worth mentioning that Mathie and co are fully aware how hard it is to get the players you want in the Scottish market. You kinda limit yourself to young loans or guys that are well out of the picture. Plus it can be a pain as those clubs need to try and maybe replace them.

Down South, a lot of the squads are so bloated that you can find players a bit easier. As long as you do the due diligence on a player then it should limit the risk a bit but there’s always a chance it doesn’t work out. I think in the summer when guys up here are out of contract then we’ll see more signings that we maybe recognise but I’d also expect us to keep looking down South for gems that no one else has found.

23 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

If we either played through the Midfield or regularly put quality crosses into the box, then I'm sure Adeloye would score many more than he already has. I'm also pretty sure that Afolabi would even look a far better player, however the sad truth is that we could have had a fit Aguero up top and we'd have made him look poor with our lack of service, terrible distribution and expectation of the strikers to be chasing down forlorn hope type balls time and time again with little to no chance of success. 

I totally agree, I blame Hopkin for that shite way of playing. Hoofball bollocks. It showed yesterday, Maxwell was brought on and the ball was kept on the ground with simple passes. Ayr were the better team for it and the game changed in ayrs favour.

I think it's probably the piss poor distribution that Adeloye receives that has maybe made him look like he has an attitude problem. If I were him, receiving balls coming from the back and having to challenge for them constantly, i'd have an attitude too. However, if he received passes along the ground, with the build up we had in the second half yesterday, I'm certain his goal tally would double before the end of the season.