The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Surely it makes sense from a financial perspective ?

It's a pub which has access to sky sports so would think it would be madness NOT to show it.

Sorry but they are a curse on Scottish football. It will finish me.

3 minutes ago, Saltire said:

What the hell is going on with Cameron's Bar showing the OF match live on Wednesday. Absolutely disgraceful, that could finish me with Ayr Utd for as long as they do that. 

Not sure if this is serious tbh. 

Pub shows football match... 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Not sure if this is serious tbh. 

Pub shows football match... 

It's not a football match, it's a vile festival of bigotry and we should have nothing to do with it. For all his faults, Lachlan would never have allowed that.

3 minutes ago, Saltire said:

What the hell is going on with Cameron's Bar showing the OF match live on Wednesday. Absolutely disgraceful, that could finish me with Ayr Utd for as long as they do that. 

They have live football on the telly every time they’re open. Should they just pretend that game isn’t happening?

2 minutes ago, Saltire said:

It's not a football match, it's a vile festival of bigotry and we should have nothing to do with it. For all his faults, Lachlan would never have allowed that.

Utter nonsense , 

Edited by Finlay21

1 minute ago, Saltire said:

We aren’t staging the game at Somerset... it’s a football match on a television, in a pub. Do they just not show any matches featuring Rangers or Celtic?

If I was going to the hub for one of our games, and the Old Firm game was on prior to ours then I would want it to be on as I have an interest in Scottish football. Exact same as I would want any other game to be on too. 

1 minute ago, Saltire said:

We're merely showing a football match on TV, I don't think it's the same as selling our souls or in any way justifying or applauding bigotry.

I'll be watching it on the TV myself but by the same token I despise them both but still enjoy a game of football !!

11 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Are you seriously suggesting you are finished with the club because they are showing an OF game?

13 minutes ago, Saltire said:

It’s not like we are moving and inconveniencing patrons and season ticket holders to accommodate any Rangers or Celtic fans for the event

That would be embarrassing…..

5 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Absolutely, it's an aberration. 

If you don’t want to watch it you don’t have to.

I can’t really imagine that after supporting the club for however many years the social club showing an Old Firm game would be the final straw.

Right let's concentrate our minds and get back to the job in hand, can everyone now focus and think of the ball being passed out on the ground from the back and 25 yard free kicks nestling in the oppositions top corner.

After three, all chant,

"EELDER, EELDER, EELDER"

"DELIVER US A MIDFIELDER"

"EELDER, EELDER, EELDER"

"DELIVER US A MIDFIELDER"

15 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Lachlan the Trump supporter? I don’t think he was well placed to judge anyone.

5 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I take it you will be avoiding around 90% of public bars for the foreseeable future , such a narrow minded individual you seem to be 

I've never watched an OF match in my life anywhere. I though our club was a safe haven.  

25 minutes ago, Saltire said:

What's the problem here?  Many Ayr fans will be fancying watching the game, might as well get some cash out them. 

22 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Thats a ridiculous post .no one on here likes the old firm .

Its a pub what is it meant to show ? 

finishing with ayr united because the social club is showing a certain football match .idiotic approach.