The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

In: Gondoh, Dempsey, Ashford, Rowe and McInroy

Out: Chalmers, McAllister and Salkeld

On the face of it, it’s a successful window, we’ve seen glimpses of Gondoh looking good, just needing match fitness, Ashford already off the mark. I think I would agree with Itzdrk regarding starting lineup, it’s just down to Bullen having the marbles to drop McGinty and fling in Rowe. 

McInroy was excellent for us, it’s disappointing that he’s not returned to Airdrie but it seemed pretty clear he was looking for a club at a higher level and from his time with us he’s more than good enough for it. I thought he might have tried to get a permanent deal in this window but I suppose a good few months with Ayr will lead to an offer, as well as potentially better ones from clubs higher up.

He generally played on the left of a narrow diamond which seemed to suit him really well. He was able to get up and down the park, carry the ball forward and link up with our other midfielders and attackers. We do have a good midfield for League One with Easton, Frizzell and then one of Agnew or McCabe sitting, which is generally better than most other teams in the league, which definitely helped McInroy. I’m not sure how Ayr have been playing since Duffy left, as I don’t think he’d suit a Hopkin/Duffy team at all, but Airdrie have been playing a very patient, possession based style this season which suited him too. He’s not a ball-winner but he’s happy to win tackles, drive forward with the ball and he scored a few great goals too. 

Always worth remembering his co-conspiritor played for us when throwing stones. 

Was that not before the story came out? Don't see how that is Ayr's fault. We had a guy Patrick Ada who arrived in August 2011, played a couple of games and then swiftly disappeared before the window had even closed. Turned out he was charged with rape and the club binned him as soon as they found out. I don't see how that is an issue for a club.

Always worth remembering his co-conspiritor played for us when throwing stones. 

Totally different in fairness as the story wasn’t out then. Had he been playing when it came out id have hoped the club did the right thing and got shot of him.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Was that not before the story came out? Don't see how that is Ayr's fault. We had a guy Patrick Ada who arrived in August 2011, played a couple of games and then swiftly disappeared before the window had even closed. Turned out he was charged with rape and the club binned him as soon as they found out. I don't see how that is an issue for a club.

No it's not our fault just that sadly we've employed someone who was part of it after the event.  Im not inferring we knew and kept it hush, just worth remembering we've sadly had part of this here. 

5 minutes ago, HMIP said:

That’s a brave move from Raith.  Brave in the dumbest sense of the word.  

You'll have the abuse from a larger set of supporters than he usually got at Clyde

You'll have fans unhappy at them signing him

You'll have sponsors pulling support in some cases

All for a guy who's been a good league 1 player for the last 3 years. 

Really not worth it. 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

You'll have the abuse from a larger set of supporters than he usually got at Clyde

You'll have fans unhappy at them signing him

You'll have sponsors pulling support in some cases

All for a guy who's been a good league 1 player for the last 3 years. 

Really not worth it. 

Radioactive Man.  Raith have lost their minds.  

What a terrible call by Raith. Even in raw footballing terms is he that good to justify the inevitable backlash and negative pr. I'd say not. No level of ability justifies signing a rapist.

They'll also be looking for a new shirt sponsor as well. McDermid made it clear she didn't want Goodwillie wearing her name across his chest. 

Edited by Trogdor