The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

20 minutes ago, Iain said:

It's a shame for the decent Raith fans who now have no team to support.

Even if they start to float back after he leaves, they have alienated a huge section of the fanbase. Have read quite a few parents on their twitter post saying they are absolutely not going to be going and neither will their kids. Others saying they aren't going out of respect of their wives and daughters. Only seems to be the odd young team type that is trying to celebrate his signing. To compound things I believe Raith also paid a fee. If there was ever a polar opposite to contrast our transfer window with it is this. 

At 33, having not played above the third tier since 2017 with a large chunk of that in the bottom tier. It is the type of signing that may be good for us in an around about way. They are on a poor run of form and surely some of their players will also be unsettled by this. It isn't out of the question that some of the bottom group could catch them over the next few months and drag them into our shite. Hopefully it will put to bed the calls for him to sign every window on the SRE. 

31 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Even if they start to float back after he leaves, they have alienated a huge section of the fanbase. Have read quite a few parents on their twitter post saying they are absolutely not going to be going and neither will their kids. Others saying they aren't going out of respect of their wives and daughters. Only seems to be the odd young team type that is trying to celebrate his signing. To compound things I believe Raith also paid a fee. If there was ever a polar opposite to contrast our transfer window with it is this. 

At 33, having not played above the third tier since 2017 with a large chunk of that in the bottom tier. It is the type of signing that may be good for us in an around about way. They are on a poor run of form and surely some of their players will also be unsettled by this. It isn't out of the question that some of the bottom group could catch them over the next few months and drag them into our shite. Hopefully it will put to bed the calls for him to sign every window on the SRE. 

That's exactly what I was thinking, as I don't imagine he's going to be universally welcomed by the guys already in that dressing room.

As others have said, it just seems a crazy decision by their board given the baggage attached to him irrespective of peoples viewpoints on the matter.

1 hour ago, Hawk89 said:

At 33, having not played above the third tier since 2017 with a large chunk of that in the bottom tier. It is the type of signing that may be good for us in an around about way.

I don't understand this signing at all, for any team for that matter. Employing someone with the knowledge of what they've done. Shouldn't be playing for anyone. 

If I were signing someone around that age bracket from the lower league, I'd have Rory McAllister every time.

There are a few players with a criminal history in Scottish football, majority of which you could potentially say that it was in their past and that they could just get on with it. I guess Credit to them, trying to turn corners in their life and attempting to redeem themselves. 

However, David Goodwille will have this hovering over him for life, I'd rank him amongst the very few players that no team should be involved with because of the type of offence, such as Johnathan Tiffoney and Craig Thomson. Can't see Kirkcaldy accepting him at all. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Edited by Roxanne's man
Missed a l in McAllister.

People make mistakes in their youth and everyone should be given the opportunity to reform. People at 30 are very different people to the one they were at 20.

He has never reoffend but has also never shown remorse. Him not returning to a level he was once at sent a message to others. Him kicking about the lower reaches of football and playing in front of crowds of 300 was above a level he should have been at.

Him moving upwards sends the wrong message, rewarding him with an 18 month full time deal is a massive stain on Raith Rovers and I can see this rumbling on for some time. 

I hate seeing things like this, as I do consider Raith to be roughly the same size of team as Ayr.

However, I'd like to know who made the decision to sign him at Raith. People handing back season tickets and even Nicola Sturgeon has had her say.

Now, I am no doubt a football fan, I like a bit of banter and a bit of a laugh, I'd even go as far as to say that I enjoy bouncing off killie fans who think the same. However, there's no place for that kind of stuff in football. That boy is now a sinking ship at Kirkcaldy. Won't last at all.

IMG_20220201_113425.jpg

IMG_20220201_113217.jpg

Edited by Roxanne's man

53 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I hate seeing things like this, as I do consider Raith to be roughly the same size of team as Ayr.

However, I'd like to know who made the decision to sign him at Raith. People handing back season tickets and even Nicola Sturgeon has had her say.

Now, I am no doubt a football fan, I like a bit of banter and a bit of a laugh, I'd even go as far as to say that I enjoy bouncing off killie fans who think the same. However, there's no place for that kind of stuff in football. That boy is now a sinking ship at Kirkcaldy. Won't last at all.

IMG_20220201_113425.jpg

IMG_20220201_113217.jpg

Being honest I'm not entirely comfortable with people like Nicola Sturgeon getting involved in this as whatever anyone may think of Goodwillie he has not been found guilty in a criminal court and legally that's all that really matters.

I totally get that he's more than likely guilty and I also appreciate that he was found guilty in a civil court and indeed in the court of public opinion, however I feel it totally undermines our legal system when high ranking politicians and members of Government get involved in this sort of thing.

Basically it has nothing to do with Sturgeon or anyone else in politics and they'd be best just to keep their mouths shut I believe.

Incidentally, I personally think he's a "wrong un" and I don't think Raith or anyone else should touch him with a barge pole but as I say that's only my opinion for all that it's worth.

Being honest I'm not entirely comfortable with people like Nicola Sturgeon getting involved in this as whatever anyone may think of Goodwillie he has not been found guilty in a criminal court and legally that's all that really matters.
I totally get that he's more than likely guilty and I also appreciate that he was found guilty in a civil court and indeed in the court of public opinion, however I feel it totally undermines our legal system when high ranking politicians and members of Government get involved in this sort of thing.
Basically it has nothing to do with Sturgeon or anyone else in politics and they'd be best just to keep their mouths shut I believe.
Incidentally, I personally think he's a "wrong un" and I don't think Raith or anyone else should touch him with a barge pole but as I say that's only my opinion for all that it's worth.

I don’t get this whole thing about politicians sticking to politics. They’re entitled to voice their opinion just like anyone else is.

18 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The low prosecution and conviction rates for rape are scandals, not a get out of jail free of consequences card for unconvicted rapists.

Edited by Iain

Yup, Stillie represented both of them I believe, through the appeals also.

"Stillie as his solicitor lodged court proceedings to seek to revoke legal aid support from the accuser".

Edited by AuAl

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t get this whole thing about politicians sticking to politics. They’re entitled to voice their opinion just like anyone else is.

I just don't think people in Government should be trying to score cheap political points in something which has nothing to do with them.

Government are either there to uphold the legal system or they're not, you can't have it both ways where you pick and choose which convictions you like and which ones you don't. Our legal system is far from perfect but if he wasn't found guilty in a criminal court then technically he's not committed any criminal offence whether we like it or not.

You and I on the other hand can mump and moan all we like but I just don't feel it's "right" for Government officials to get involved in this sort of thing. It's almost sending a message that convicted criminals shouldn't be allowed to work once convicted or that those who are "probably" guilty but get off with it definitely shouldn't work again or at least not be allowed to get a decent job.

Is that the official message from Government ??

I'm pretty sure it isn't, which then gives you a direct conflict of interests.

I'll reiterate that "personally" I think he was guilty as sin and I also wouldn't have been happy had Ayr signed him, also the fact he's shown no remorse and only self interest makes him even worse in my eyes but obviously Raith thought he was worth the risk and will no doubt pay the penalty for that misplaced judgement.....

1 minute ago, Hazbart said:

We should’ve binned Stillie long ago to be honest. 

We employ him as a goalkeeping coach if I'm not mistaken, not as our Lawyer or as a Tory Councillor.

We're sailing on dangerous waters if we start vilifying everyone and everything by even the slightest association.