The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Tomi was/is a complex fella who probably needs quite a supportive management team around him to get the best out of him. I think he's been badly advised. 

I think a fair chunk of it is down to him too.

I think Tomi needs to be the main man to be happy and he maybe stepped above his ability to be that. 

I probably wouldn't bring him back as I presume we will be looking for another dynamic striker which he just isn't.  

23 minutes ago, Thumper said:

He'd get played on the fucking wing anyway.

Makes sense, move Ashford through the middle as the primary striker and sign a striker to play wide. Can see it now.

23 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

What exactly is the point in these daft videos?

I've never got it myself but it's amazing the amount of people who will not only watch but lap up all this utter nonsense across various social media channels, whether it be childish clips of Jeremy beadle type things or daft mediocre footballers doing their thing.

A sign of the times I suppose, when over half the population can't function without a phone in their hand (I'm on my laptop just now) 🙂

Just now, WATTOO said:

I've never got it myself but it's amazing the amount of people who will not only watch but lap up all this utter nonsense across various social media channels, whether it be childish clips of Jeremy beadle type things or daft mediocre footballers doing their thing.

A sign of the times I suppose, when over half the population can't function without a phone in their hand (I'm on my laptop just now) 🙂

I'd be more impressed if they were out on the training pitch trying to improve themselves as footballers rather than filming childish shite.

While not a huge fan of this kind of thing, there were calls for years for us supporters to be in receipt of more output from the club, across the board, as far as media is concerned.

You see the big boys down south involved in it all the time, including the charity visits they do.

Im sure it’s here to stay, but might evolve, as most things do, but kudos for trying.

An ICT win tonight and failure of us to win Friday night should put an end to the "something historic..." chat, right?

Although the club has remained suspiciously vague on this front so it could mean anything really. I'm sure Mathie and Smith are sweating bricks on us potentially finishing outside the top 4. No spinning that one.

35 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

An ICT win tonight and failure of us to win Friday night should put an end to the "something historic..." chat, right?

Although the club has remained suspiciously vague on this front so it could mean anything really. I'm sure Mathie and Smith are sweating bricks on us potentially finishing outside the top 4. No spinning that one.

It may be the point that the "lets celebrate all the club has done this season" mob suddenly realise that we aren't very good. 

With us playing Inverness on the last day of the season and having a better goal difference it wouldn't be the end of the world but the ideal scenario would be going up to Inverness and then not also be in the race for a play-off place. 

Just now, Pens_Dark said:

Just out of interest - was it ever found out which team down South had the big bid for Akinyemi rejected by Ayr?

I can't remember the nonentity team but it was less than 100k.  Hilarious 

Just now, itzdrk said:

I can't remember the nonentity team but it was less than 100k.  Hilarious 

I don't know why he would know any better than most but I'm sure James McFadden had said that there was a 250k bid rejected from a league 1 team?

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

That would leave Ayr three behind them and still needing to play them, with a massively better goal difference. Not out of the races yet.

I still anticipate fifth (even with the Tulloch Hoodoo having finally been dispelled) but even men with steel hearts have to have the tiniest flicker of optimism. A win on Friday potentially brings third place into play, not that the distinction between third and fourth means much in the absolute mockery of a stitched-up playoff system the SPL got away with.