The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

51 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

In my Football Manager 2023 save, Ayr United are building a new stadium.

Who do you reckon they named the stadium after? Surely Ally Macleod?

Hide contents

No. Steve Nicol. 🙄

Might not mean a lot now but he went from a part time Ayr team in the second tier to Liverpool's first team within a year and won a European cup. 

The fact he isn't in the Ayr United hall of fame is bizarre.  

55 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

In my Football Manager 2023 save, Ayr United are building a new stadium.

Who do you reckon they named the stadium after? Surely Ally Macleod?

Reveal hidden contents

No. Steve Nicol. 🙄

#weareunited Arena

3 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Might not mean a lot now but he went from a part time Ayr team in the second tier to Liverpool's first team within a year and won a European cup. 

I'm sure having a stadium named after him will be of some consolation.

Anybody else think that the new #weareunited video on twitter is giving off strong South Park Whole Foods ad vibes, or is it just me? 

I'm not knocking the club for putting stuff out. It's nice to see some effort and it's pretty endearing. But it's uncanny. It's the same friggin video 😂

Edited by CoolLesterSmooth

22 minutes ago, CoolLesterSmooth said:

Anybody else think that the new #weareunited video on twitter is giving off strong South Park Whole Foods ad vibes, or is it just me? 

I'm not knocking the club for putting stuff out. It's nice to see some effort and it's pretty endearing. But it's uncanny. It's the same friggin video 😂

I'm in

Are U-rine?

6 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

It’s not that bizarre.  A place in our hall of fame should be about what a player did while an Ayr player, not what he did after going elsewhere.  

1 hour ago, Nelson said:

It’s not that bizarre.  A place in our hall of fame should be about what a player did while an Ayr player, not what he did after going elsewhere.  

I'd say that was the case for players who have played for other clubs before coming to Ayr but he came through the clubs youth system and won a major European trophy. 

Guys like McInally and Conner came through at the same time but I wouldn't consider them.