The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Why should we be cheaper to watch than any other team in the league , yes £22  is steep but not any dearer than all the rest 

Because we’re probably the worst team, entertainment-wise, to watch in the entire league?

Obviously the above is facetious, but generally the pricing of the entire league is farcical considering the overall standard. Value for money it must be one of the worst in Europe.

Aye, the pricing is ridiculous. £22 to watch 2nd tier Scottish football is outrageous tbh. I'm certainly on the fence about getting a season ticket and if I don't I'll be picking and choosing the home games I attend. I can count on one hand the amount of home games I actually enjoyed last season. The majority was turgid shite. 

On a wider note, while everything happening off the pitch is great and much needed on the field it just seems to be so stale atm. Bullen seemingly sticking about, lack of transfer news and the club haven't even bothered telling us what's happening with O'Connor or acknowledging that a club legend in Moffat has left. Would have been really helpful when they announced the released list of they could have provided us with a full list of players under contract.  

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Bullen seemingly sticking about,

Hasn't been seen once in the media since Partick game 3 weeks ago is beginning to raise questions IMO, it's only been Mathie in the AP

Edited by rb123!

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Hasn't been seen once in the media since Partick game 3 weeks ago is beginning to raise questions IMO, it's only been Mathie in the AP

Aye I’ll admit this has been a bit weird. He was away down South straight after the season ended for the Sheffield Wednesday game and I presumed he was just spending some time with his family. If the rumours about wanting home were true then the club have maybe given him extended leave whilst Mathie works away up here. 

14 minutes ago, rb123! said:

With no player about what did you expect him to be doing. Helping reseed the pitch, help rewire the Stand or the demolition of the Hospitality?

GM deals with all negotiations with identified players and most of that will be by telephone. LB not being here does not mean he is out the loop.

14 minutes ago, JohnGAYR said:

With no player about what did you expect him to be doing. Helping reseed the pitch, help rewire the Stand or the demolition of the Hospitality?

GM deals with all negotiations with identified players and most of that will be by telephone. LB not being here does not mean he is out the loop.

Yeah would much rather he had a proper break and came back ready to go. The travel etc can't be easy so deserves some time off

3 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Its not quite as simple as that though is it? If we made an adult walk up price £11 would we get double the number attending?

No , when we had a game at £5 the attendance only raised by around 15_20% losing the club money 

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Because we’re probably the worst team, entertainment-wise, to watch in the entire league?

Obviously the above is facetious, but generally the pricing of the entire league is farcical considering the overall standard. Value for money it must be one of the worst in Europe.

It may be farcical but unfortunately that’s life now 

Most of the pricing looks fine to me with the huge exception of the "walk up price" for U17's.

This should be £10 tops as the £15 is just crazy.

21 minutes ago, JohnGAYR said:

Exactly, the manager can only get a break during close season , the average worker gets 4-5 weeks holiday a year , at football clubs that window is only between May and June , so I would expect managers to have a time away from club 

I can criticise the club and Bullen for lots of things, but taking a holiday during the summer isn't one of them. He isn't responsible for transfers, so this is the ideal time for him to get a break. And the notion that the club would just quietly let him go during the summer and not expect anyone to notice is just silly.

As for prices: if the club is competitive this season then so be it. Putting prices up during what has been the most profitable season for decades even before Akinyemi is sold is going to lead to a great deal of resentment if next season is worse.

Scottish football in general is guilty of taking its fans for a ride. The fanbase up here is mostly made up of diehard fans who would attend no matter what. Therefore entertainment value is not a factor in clubs’ pricing. Attendances across the board are only going up year on year so don’t expect these prices to trend downwards any time soon.

It needs a bit of collective activism from all fans for any action. The only ones who have tried are Celtic and St Johnstone once as far as I can recall.

For the first time ever I’m heading down the route of picking and choosing. I’d rather attend away games than home games anyway. Somerset is shite on a Saturday and there’s no day out involved.