The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Rb123 said:

More to the point it looks like a black and pink away top. 

Some collaboration with Ayr rugby club I presume since that's their colours and the photos hoot was done in Alloway 

And the way we play, kick and punt.

Still don't quite understand the policy with the Jamie Murphy signing. 

You've got Bullen saying we need experience and then you've got Mathie saying we're doing our business down south. 

Imo I'd have rather got the likes of a Docherty for example who's around the 30 mark so still a good age but got lots of experience of this league. 

Yes Murphy is 4 years older so technically has more experience with his globetrotting around Britain but he hasn't kicked a ball in the championship. Lot of these experienced pros come to this level thinking it's a walk in the park like Maguire and look what happened...

I hope I'm proved wrong

34 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Imo I'd have rather got the likes of a Docherty for example who's around the 30 mark so still a good age but got lots of experience of this league.

He’ll be getting at least £500 a week more than we would offer at Dundee United. He was probably on that at Thistle. I’d hope we would have enquired about all three that were released as a bare minimum. 

Signing them would have shown an intent that we were looking at players to make us better. Signing players that we hope turn out to be diamonds doesn’t have the same excitement or certainty. For every Dipo there is a Gondoh, JML, Ashford, Kenyon…..

1 hour ago, Jeff Venom said:

I am absolutely here for a Bret Hart away kit. Let's hope we've some sharp shooters in the team to go with it. 

Any talk of Bret Hart makes me think of the Malcolm in the middle intro. 

See Smith has confirmed when asked on Twitter that there will be times where we can have the whole of the NT as there'll be no segregation fence, good to know.

VOR also saying talks are going well with a couple of more singings, sounds like there could be a Friyay hopefully 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Looks like an Ayr rugby tribute, pink with a black hoop across the middle. 

if you don’t like it, I’m sure the third strip will be different 

Will wait for the 4th strip before I make a decision on the 3rd.

2 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Still don't quite understand the policy with the Jamie Murphy signing. 

You've got Bullen saying we need experience and then you've got Mathie saying we're doing our business down south. 

Yes Murphy is 4 years older so technically has more experience with his globetrotting around Britain but he hasn't kicked a ball in the championship. Lot of these experienced pros come to this level thinking it's a walk in the park like Maguire and look what happened...

I hope I'm proved wrong

He's got lots of experience in the Scottish Premier (about 15 years) though including 24 appearances last season in a struggling side, so as long as he's fit then there's no reason at all why he won't be a stand out at this level given his pedigree and undoubted quality.

1 hour ago, Rb123 said:

See Smith has confirmed when asked on Twitter that there will be times where we can have the whole of the NT as there'll be no segregation fence, good to know.

VOR also saying talks are going well with a couple of more singings, sounds like there could be a Friyay hopefully 

That’s good although I see no reason to give any of the north stand to away fans unless they are bringing through a mega support. Plenty of room in the railway end and the section of the main stand away supports currently get. 

19 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Sure, that's why you have all those incognito tabs open...

I swear this is the only one 😂

Now I can actually post, I think Murphy will be a good signing. Doesnt seem as past it as Beattie/Kyle/Maguire were. Just hope he can stay injury free