The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

28 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

From what I heard today a lot of the personal terms are done but all that needs ironed out is the actual fee. Doubt Akinyemi will be there tomorrow tbh. 

Yeah that's how most transfers go these days, agreement to allow personal terms first so the clubs aren't wasting time negotiating a fee for a period of time and the player says no. 

9 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Usually the fee is agreed before personal terms

Very rarely. We’ll likely have given permission for him to talk to Gillingham and the clubs will be talking at the same time to settle a fee. 

“Tapping up” players used to be hilariously frowned upon but I think just about everyone does it now.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

And Santas sleigh flies through the sky thanks to magical reindeer.

Don’t be silly. The reindeer aren’t magical. 

It’s the power of Christmas spirit that gives the reindeer enough power for one night to help them fly. 

Just now, North Terrace Gazza said:

Wow. Didn’t see that coming. I wonder who’s poached him

Dundee United probably? They just punted their GK coach.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

From what I heard today a lot of the personal terms are done but all that needs ironed out is the actual fee. Doubt Akinyemi will be there tomorrow tbh. 

That may be their bargaining chip.

Dipo in the south east, no intention to travel north and Ayr with an offer below their estimations.

Depends if the club want to call their bluff, it’ll end up £200k cash plus add-ons 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

That may be their bargaining chip.

Dipo in the south east, no intention to travel north and Ayr with an offer below their estimations.

Depends if the club want to call their bluff, it’ll end up £200k cash plus add-ons 

Depending on the add ons or sell ons then it’s maybe not a bad deal. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

For a well run club we seem to be falling apart

Not sure how that’s the case? Because our goalie coach is leaving? 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

And the fitness coach, all just before pre-season. 

And Timmins is staying on until we find a replacement so that won’t hamper us too much. We’ve also got Thomas Donovan in place from last season who does a lot of the conditioning and nutritional work so I’m sure he’ll manage until we replace Moffat. 

Bullen was keen on getting an experienced coach in last season but it didn’t transpire for whatever reason but I wonder if it could happen over the next couple of weeks.