The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Hypothetically:

I think McKay would be a cracking signing, but if we play a front three I’m not sure having two guys in their mid thirties are the best positions to have all your experience. 

S’pose as long as we brought in someone to complement them with plenty of drive and pace in the number ten position, alongside Amartey then it may work..

I think if we’re playing him and Murphy in the same side then you have to have a really energetic right winger and your number 10/supporting midfielder has to be very mobile as well. 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

First we were over analysing emojis in tweets. Now it's follows of the club twitter. All I can think is...

im getting too old for this episode 4 GIF by Star Wars

In fairness that's exactly how we found out about Jamie Murphy. Don't think there was any murmurs about it until both his parents started following the club. 

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

In fairness that's exactly how we found out about Jamie Murphy. Don't think there was any murmurs about it until both his parents started following the club. 

I'm just jealous that I can't do it. 

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Is there a way of checking how recent the follow was? 

99% sure it's today. On mine the first 20 followers always seem to be Ayr fans and the latest follower is 21st. He's 23rd although no idea if that logic works for other people.

2 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

99% sure it's today. On mine the first 20 followers always seem to be Ayr fans and the latest follower is 21st. He's 23rd although no idea if that logic works for other people.

Aye there’s always a group of long term followers like clubs and fans and then you get a couple new followers. 

I reckon clubs have caught onto it though and have told players not to follow until it’s been announced. You used to get players doing it and then they stopped. COVID was the first time I can remember fans sussing new signings out using Twitter. 

5 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

There must be something in it at least then as only other Scottish clubs he follows are ICT and Rangers (being from Northern Ireland im presuming he's #staunch). 

15 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

First we were over analysing emojis in tweets. Now it's follows of the club twitter. All I can think is...

im getting too old for this episode 4 GIF by Star Wars

I like to think this is appropriate when it comes to forensically analysing twitter followers...

Always Sunny Fx GIF

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye there’s always a group of long term followers like clubs and fans and then you get a couple new followers. 

I reckon clubs have caught onto it though and have told players not to follow until it’s been announced. You used to get players doing it and then they stopped. COVID was the first time I can remember fans sussing new signings out using Twitter. 

First one I found was Ndaba the season he trained and then it turned out he couldn't sign. Although given his recent transfer I'm now going to rename it the Sinisalo mum rule.

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

There must be something in it at least then as only other Scottish clubs he follows are ICT and Rangers (being from Northern Ireland im presuming he's #staunch). 

He did mention his dad was a Rangers fan after the semi final but unsure who he qualifies for NI through as his family are from Corby, so before anyone thinks it he's not signing for us as it's closer to the ferry.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye I did a wee search and McKays dad has the same name so it looks like it’s him. I know there’s been some dispute over McKays contract and what his future is but I’d be surprised if he made the move to us. Unless we’re offering him the combined wages of Magure and Mullin. 

He's apparently looking for a 2 year deal, so if Inverness are not prepared to offer that but we are, then who knows ??

3 minutes ago, RiG said:

You've apparently offered him a deal. If we keep pissing Mckay off over his new contract I'd say there's a decent chance of him being with you next season. 

What’s the issue with the contract? Is it money or length? Surely you’d be able to justify giving him another two years? 

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

What’s the issue with the contract? Is it money or length? Surely you’d be able to justify giving him another two years? 

Allegedly we won't commit to the length of contract he is after.