The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Why has he removed all mention of Ayr United from his twitter aswell as the tweets. It's quite clear that he's unhappy at not being allowed to leave.

Im not having a go at the club. They are 100% correct to hold out for a suitable offer.

Go and watch him at training and see if he looks unhappy or does not put in 100%, players wanting away tend to slow down and look uninterested  

20 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I think he's already well on his way to tarnishing his reputation with the club the way he's acting on twitter. With all due respect he was a bit of a nobody until the club took a punt on him.

At the end of the day it was him that chose to sign a two year deal so he's got no one else to blame bar himself for that. The club have said they will sell him if and when they get a suitable offer. 

I can completely understand why he's frustrated that it's not been sorted, it can't be easy being away from your family and, by all accounts, he's not been any problem whatsoever in training.  Don't think there's anything in the way he conducted himself last year and the fact he came back for pre-season to suggest that he'd be problematic with teammates or coaches/staff in any way at all.  

The issue is with some of the social media stuff.  I don't like it when folk over analyse twitter, but some of the stuff he's put out recently is very easily interpreted as a guy who is annoyed and who wants away.  I'd really hope someone might have a word in his ear about that and tell him to ease off on the tweets until things are sorted.  

11 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Utter nonsense , don’t get where  people are picking up he is so unhappy with the club ( certainly not a sad face in his emoji about sports  day )  own fans questioning his professionalism is very poor in my mind , 

I get you are always very positively minded but he's hardly tweeted all season now its constant home sickness / not happy with VoR article about us rejecting bids.  He's maybe not unhappy at the club as a dig at the club itself but he's making it emabarssibly obvious he wants to be back home with family.   

5 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Go and watch him at training and see if he looks unhappy or does not put in 100%, players wanting away tend to slow down and look uninterested  

He's not stupid. If he doesn't keep himself fit he won't be showing up well when he does get his move.   Which ironically is why I wouldn't have any worries about him not trying if we did just keep him.   

Theres absolutely no dressing it up the guy is quite clearly frustrated. Have to remember though this means a lot more than to you or I. He has a kid that’s only a toddler that he will want to watch grow up. I draw the line at him causing bother in the dressing room or not trying in games which he has shown absolutely no sign of doing.

I’d love him to stay but for his own sake I personally want him to get his move to England after the season he’s just gave us.

3 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Theres absolutely no dressing it up the guy is quite clearly frustrated. Have to remember though this means a lot more than to you or I. He has a kid that’s only a toddler that he will want to watch grow up. I draw the line at him causing bother in the dressing room or not trying in games which he has shown absolutely no sign of doing.

I’d love him to stay but for his own sake I personally want him to get his move to England after the season he’s just gave us.

I think everyone knows it’s unlikely he will be here when the season starts , he understands that negotiations are likely taking place currently , don’t get the bad comments being posted on here about him as I can’t think of many people who thought he would be kicking a ball for us next season , 

Edited by Finlay21

2 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

I think we're all in agreement that him moving down to England and us getting a good fee that allows us to reinvest in the squad is the best case scenario.

We still need 4 or 5 players to have a squad capable of matching last season. Without them I fear we'll be down the bottom with Arbroath and Airdrie fighting to avoid 10th. 

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

I think everyone knows it’s unlikely he will be here when the season starts , he understands that negotiations are likely taking place currently 

I don’t think anyone in that squad last season showed more passion in celebrations and at the end of games than Dipo. Anyone now revising their opinion of him or slagging him are quite frankly, completely wrong.

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I think we're all in agreement that him moving down to England and us getting a good fee that allows us to reinvest in the squad is the best case scenario.

We still need 4 or 5 players to have a squad capable of matching last season. Without them I fear we'll be down the bottom with Arbroath and Airdrie fighting to avoid 10th. 

Totally agree the squad we have is not up to the standard. I don’t think that can be helped as much as we’d like in this window though as our hands are tied in a lot of places because of shite decisions made in the last 12 months.

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

When you look at some of the players we are supposedly looking at it’s obvious the club know what’s about to happen and are certainly planning to be playing with a different strike force in the coming season 

5 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

There's a lot of folk who can / choose not to earn a lot more money if they left their partner / kid for a couple of years.  Loads choose not to.   

In his defence I think his partner and kid maybe did come up and didn't like it and moved back home  - got told that around Xmas but don't know for sure if it's true.  He maybe assumed they were here for the full thing if that is correct.

Will have no sympathy whatsoever I'd the Twitter rumours are true and he signs for Dundee Utd though 🤣

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

There's a lot of folk who can / choose not to earn a lot more money if they left their partner / kid for a couple of years.  Loads choose not to.   

In his defence I think his partner and kid maybe did come up and didn't like it and moved back home  - got told that around Xmas but don't know for sure if it's true.  He maybe assumed they were here for the full thing if that is correct.

Will have no sympathy whatsoever I'd the Twitter rumours are true and he signs for Dundee Utd though 🤣

If he goes to another Scottish team everything I’ve just said is out the window. If it’s Gillingham or Colchester or something then he goes with my absolute best wishes.

His home sickness will pass. It is one thing being happy at training but once he gets home and shuts his front door, thats when it'll kick in. 

Folk have to realise that its the situation he is upset about rather than the club. 

If we are paying him, at a guess, £800 and Dundee United offered him £3000 a week on a three year deal, I am sure he'd be a lot more willing to put up with living north of the border. Maybe Dundee United putting in a bid might force other clubs hands. 

What is he trying to say to his twitter followers with that though?

Who is he aiming the “cheers” at?

100% he will be giving pre-season his all, and I’m sure he is having a good time with his fellow pros, but it could be interpreted to be trying to push things along.

He really should just keep quiet, keep his head down, and do his talking through his agency and the club internally - not on Twitter.

Might be suiting whoever has their eye on him right now to shake the apple cart a little bit, but not if / when they are on the receiving end for his next move up, possibly.