The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Don’t think it’ll be far off. Think we’ll have another winger in the door before then as well. 

Just basing it on Bullen doing a 4/3/3 again, can see Amartay being used as the sort of Ashford role of a striker/winger role, albeit hopefully better!

That midfield 3 does look pretty strong on paper but all depends in Pendlebury is up to it straightaway to make that holding midfield role his to free up Murdoch and Dempsey

19 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Just because as far as i know he's not started pre-season yet due to African games so he'll be a couple of weeks behind the rest in terms of getting up to speed

He is only 3 days behind the rest of squad and after playing more recently than them I don’t see fitness being  an issue 

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Did someone not say we were tracking this guy a month or so ago? 

He didn't even start the game Bullen was at. Replaced P&B favourite Rob Harker with 20 mins left. Maybe he was looking at someone else or it was just bad luck.

3 minutes ago, Pick that one out Marshall said:

Nowhere near the player Dipo is , just saying it as it is.

We aren’t going to sign anyone that is…

This guy seems to have performed pretty well at a level most of the signings we’ve made from down there haven’t. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

We aren’t going to sign anyone that is…

This guy seems to have performed pretty well at a level most of the signings we’ve made from down there haven’t. 

Have seen him a couple of times below average, as for Harker same team imo he is below that level.

However new surroundings and all that you never know .

But from me it's a no , but then what do I know 😉

5 minutes ago, Pick that one out Marshall said:

Have seen him a couple of times below average, as for Harker same team imo he is below that level.

However new surroundings and all that you never know .

But from me it's a no , but then what do I know 😉

You have a more informed opinion that me, if you have seen him anyway! Just looking at his goals he seems semi effective, but that only tells you part of the story obviously. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

You have a more informed opinion that me, if you have seen him anyway! Just looking at his goals he seems semi effective, but that only tells you part of the story obviously. 

Live down south watch a lot of National League games live and on BT , so only my opinion but saying it as I see it. 👍

Better players must be available, but again a fresh start can sometimes be good for players.

TBF got bored so had a look at strikers that are free agents from National League, SPFL and SPFL Championship (according to transfermarket) list goes

National League: Nathan Delfouneso, Tristan Abrahams

Premiership: Connor McLennan, Michael O'Halloran, Dominic Samuel, Vertainen, Steven Fletcher

Championship: Cillian Sheridan, Alex Jakubiak, Shane Sutherland, Danny Mullen, Paul Komolafe, Steven Boyd, Sean Adarkwa

basically not a lot of great options at least currently in the free agency