The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

36 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Suddenly Dundee United are in the money , just sold a young Welsh lad to Hibs for £300k . 

When have they not been in the money in Championship terms?

19 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

When have they not been in the money in Championship terms?

They have always been in the money in Championship terms and the last time they were here they gave Shankland a dream contract and guaranteed themselves the title . Any move for Dipo would do the same and now they have some extra flex if they want to do that ! 

8 hours ago, Rb123 said:

I know it has been mentioned before but the old railway yard wasteland is just screaming out for something to done with it, would love if Mr Smith's next project was there...

image.thumb.png.bbe401b84b773d369a3b3ad56e30feef.png

Looks as if the line of crash barriers that has been cut down will be where the new stand seats could possibly start so will still be a good amount of terracing which is pleasing.

image.thumb.png.1a7c1d3f7c22bd8470360c81a497d0c7.png

Thought about that area before, but think it's a) too awkward a shape for a full size training pitch etc and b) think that area Jim Kirkwood owns, remember he was wanting to build flats or houses there.

16 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Thought about that area before, but think it's a) too awkward a shape for a full size training pitch etc and b) think that area Jim Kirkwood owns, remember he was wanting to build flats or houses there.

Don't know if he still owns it, but his planning application for a residential development was knocked back a few years ago.

Is it just me or are the ticket office a bit of a shambles?
A month to confirm they actually got my money for two season tickets and I'm still having to chase them over how I'll get into the Dam Park game

10 minutes ago, Peil said:

Is it just me or are the ticket office a bit of a shambles?
A month to confirm they actually got my money for two season tickets and I'm still having to chase them over how I'll get into the Dam Park game

Don't think it's been well managed with it being the first season.  Everyone should have been contacted when the payment deadline passed to say they were paid up and x y and z was happening before you get your season ticket.  I emailed the season ticket email about my season ticket and ticket for Saturday and Nick was really helpful if you've no tried that.

8 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Don't think it's been well managed with it being the first season.  Everyone should have been contacted when the payment deadline passed to say they were paid up and x y and z was happening before you get your season ticket.  I emailed the season ticket email about my season ticket and ticket for Saturday and Nick was really helpful if you've no tried that.

Aye, got a reply at 8:45 yestreday morning saying the ticket company were doing it this week and asking where I wanted a ticket for Saturday and they'd send it through.
Replied and just silence.

12 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

It seems like they're either using a bad CRM, don't know how to work their CRM or don't have a CRM (which would be madness).

21 minutes ago, Iain said:

It seems like they're either using a bad CRM, don't know how to work their CRM or don't have a CRM (which would be madness).

CRM 😂

Guaranteed to be an Excel spreadsheet with names and contact details.

20 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

CRM 😂

Guaranteed to be an Excel spreadsheet with names and contact details.

One step up from a notepad in handwriting only one person can read, I guess!

The ticketing system at the club is beyond amateur stuff. It's utterly atrocious. Never get a reply to e-mails when asking about updates. No receipt for the pre-paid Season Ticket or any kind of a confirmation whatsoever.

They implement an early purchase system in March, and even for the people who paid in full in March, we're now in July with a game on Saturday that is free for Season Ticket holders but 4 months after paying,  when you now log into your Total Tickets account, there's no evidence you have bought a season ticket. How hard can it be?

Will be the last time I pre-pay, can't be arsed with this shambles and carry on.

Paid my season ticket weeks ago - don’t think I as much as received a receipt or email confirmation.  Not overly concerned as sounds like everyone is in the same boat!  Doesn’t look great all the same.

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

If he gets planning permission, the value of the land goes up on his portfolio. He also owned the car park until Smith bought it back. 

As Reded mentioned, the planning application for housing was knocked back, so what else could be built there? Offices? with working from home, its no longer attractive. Retail, it would have to be a supermarket and most of the big names have a store in Ayr already that is out of town. Same with fast food. 

If the club were to buy it, it would have to make money for us, turning it in to a car park would get money at home games, maybe even an overspill for the horse racing. 
Training pitch? looks too small 
Leisure facilities? a swimming pool, gym etc that players use but is also available to the public in the afternoon and evenings? be a pretty big investment. If the council move forward with the Citadel replacement it could be a white elephant. 

Ideally they could buy it and make money off third party rent but I am not sure what industry would move in there. 

16 minutes ago, Bowl-of-chilli said:

The ticketing system at the club is beyond amateur stuff. It's utterly atrocious. Never get a reply to e-mails when asking about updates. No receipt for the pre-paid Season Ticket or any kind of a confirmation whatsoever.

They implement an early purchase system in March, and even for the people who paid in full in March, we're now in July with a game on Saturday that is free for Season Ticket holders but 4 months after paying,  when you now log into your Total Tickets account, there's no evidence you have bought a season ticket. How hard can it be?

Will be the last time I pre-pay, can't be arsed with this shambles and carry on.

I can't see a thing in my ticket login - when I login and go to the Stranraer ticket page all I see is text telling season ticket holders to login

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

By my reckoning, the only credible frees left are Strapp (Unlikely) and Smith (probably would have happened by now)

Still got Michael Smith and Alex Jakuibac (sp) .. although it’s increasingly likely that we’re now looking at the loans market !