The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, Iain said:

Or maybe he would rise to the challenge and with the responsibility?

It’s very slightly possible but I doubt it,  as he hasn’t shown the technical ability to be able to play at this level as a striker and has a ton of development to do. 

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It’s very slightly possible but I doubt it,  as he hasn’t shown the technical ability to be able to play at this level as a striker and has a ton of development to do. 

He would benefit from a loan at a League 1 or 2 club this season I think. He would get more from that experience than coming off our bench.

8 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

He would benefit from a loan at a League 1 or 2 club this season I think. He would get more from that experience than coming off our bench.

Absolutely, and I would be very interested in how he gets on. Ideally a top end league two club, as opposed to someone lower end league one IMO. 

17 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Absolutely, and I would be very interested in how he gets on. Ideally a top end league two club, as opposed to someone lower end league one IMO. 

You ideally want to put him in a bad team that can't pass the ball and has little possession so is quite direct so that it represents what he's being built up to play in.  

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

You ideally want to put him in a bad team that can't pass the ball and has little possession so is quite direct so that it represents what he's being built up to play in.  

Very true, but I guess the argument is whether we will play like that forever and what is best for his long term development.

Being a striker in our team is a very difficult role and requires someone pretty exceptional. Once Dipo goes I don’t see how that style works with the likes of Murphy etc.

18 minutes ago, AllySloan said:

Have tickets gone on sale for the Stirling game? Better not be exclusive to season ticket holders cause they still haven't processed mine or my Dad's yet

Hardy going to be exclusive to season tickets holders considering it's an away match.

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

It has nothing to do with age, and everything to do with quality.

Why does age get brought up at all then?

People make comments on this thread literally every day to the effect that players up to the age of like 22 are intrinsically incapable of standing up to the rigours of the league. For context this is significantly higher than both the current and historic age of actual fucking soldiers in wars.

35 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

You mean such a "BAD TEAM" that managed to finish 2nd in the Championship ??

Raith Rovers were apparently "great to watch", unfortunately they still finished a full 15 points and 21 goals behind our own "bad" team.

Then we had the much lauded Arbroath, they somehow managed to finish 24 points and  36 goals behind our "bad" team.

One can only imagine what would have happened had our team been half decent last season........

Just now, WATTOO said:

Raith Rovers were apparently "great to watch", unfortunately they still finished a full 15 points and 21 goals behind our own "bad" team.

Then we had the much lauded Arbroath, they somehow managed to finish 24 points and  36 goals behind our "bad" team.

One can only imagine what would have happened had our team been half decent last season........

We'd of won the league. Quite simple really. 

8 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Read the italics my guy. 

26 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Why does age get brought up at all then?

People make comments on this thread literally every day to the effect that players up to the age of like 22 are intrinsically incapable of standing up to the rigours of the league. For context this is significantly higher than both the current and historic age of actual fucking soldiers in wars.

I’m not entirely sure of the relevance of soldiers, and I can’t speak for anyone else.

If someone is 18 and a very good footballer of course they can play in this league - I have never said otherwise. They need to be technically good enough though. 

38 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

There's the WATTOO everyone expects.

Fifth with 60 seconds left, and didn't even deserve fifth. And that's with the league POTY.

50 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Who the f**k was praising Arbroath last season? 

6 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Loving the idea that finishing second in the fucking Scottish Championship proves that you can’t have been a totally dogshit football team.

This league is consistently full of absolute pish. 

As alluded to, for some reason we got a soundbite reputation of being "a good footballing side to watch" despite having no centre forwards who were free scoring and a defence who conceded 19 goals at set pieces.

There's so many pointless platitudes once people get an idea in their head. Ross Millen was probably one of our most consistent defenders last season but some folk still tried to insist he wasn't up to much because he gave away a penalty against Caley.