The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Sorry, what bit of the new stand isn't getting built?? 

The whole stand is being built ,it's just a few rooms that aren't being fitted out just now. The cost of the build has doubled in a year to over £2 million so you can't blame Smith for doing it bit by bit. Some cretins on here will still find that funny as they got told off by Smith.

3 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

The whole stand is being built ,it's just a few rooms that aren't being fitted out just now. The cost of the build has doubled in a year to over £2 million so you can't blame Smith for doing it bit by bit. Some cretins on here will still find that funny as they got told off by Smith.

#Weareunited

3 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

You'd think they'd have thought about this possibility before making their big announcement and hoovering up the good press.

7 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I just hope he can also attack as having actual full backs able to contribute in the final third will make a huge difference with the absence of Dipo too. 

Sorry if its already been talked about, theres about 15 pages after this post and I'm not reading them all 😅

He looks good tbf.

cal.thumb.png.6171acef8130b21f071b4b2e0a5558df.png

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sorry if its already been talked about, theres about 15 pages after this post and I'm not reading them all 😅

He looks good tbf.

cal.thumb.png.6171acef8130b21f071b4b2e0a5558df.png

Haha, there has been a lot of chat on here today!

Not got the first clue about the NZ top flight, but looks like a promising one if he signs… 

A full back who has particular abilities to pass creatively and disrupt things on the ground would be incredible after what we have had to endure over the last few years. Decent at the rest and can carry the ball relatively well too?

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

How does paddy compare? 

Reading?

reading.thumb.png.9d74d8ce76e4fe2e30490571c7b8ae7d.png

Reading absymal as a 1v1 defender (harsh?), and seems to prefer to pass from deep rather than pass from within the opposing half (progressive passes high/creative passes low suggests that). Elliot looks the complete opposite to him.

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Not got the first clue about the NZ top flight, but looks like a promising one if he signs… 

Australian top flight, tbf.

A lot of players with great figures over there have come over and impressed in the top flight, with slight dips across the board on these charts defensively. He should be above average for the division, I think but maybe worse defensively than he looks on the chart.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Reading absymal as a 1v1 defender (harsh?), and seems to prefer to pass from deep rather than pass from within the opposing half (progressive passes high/creative passes low suggests that). 

Not harsh at all on Reading.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Reading?

Reading absymal as a 1v1 defender (harsh?), and seems to prefer to pass from deep rather than pass from within the opposing half (progressive passes high/creative passes low suggests that). Elliot looks the complete opposite to him.

A lot of players with great figures over there have come over and impressed in the top flight, with slight dips across the board on these charts defensively. He should be above average for the division, I think but maybe worse defensively than he looks on the chart.

Thanks for that. Shows how bad paddy is. He can’t defend full stop, he gets caught under the ball gets shredded 1v1 and can’t find a player 5 yards away. 

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Reading?

Basic error from me there!

As you can see with Reading he will most likely look fantastic defensively to us. That is scarily bad, and if our recruitment team don’t address it then serious questions need to be asked. 

32 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

#Weareunited

Is he wrong though? Pretty sure anyone on here knows I’m not a happy clapper, but pishing your frillies at some rooms in the new stand not being kitted out (for the time being) all because you don’t like the owner is weirdo behaviour.