The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Rb123 said:

Yeah from that post, seems legit as it isn't one of the usual suspect morons on these pages that sprout nonsense. 

Only slight thing for me is he's 19 so similar stage to Bryden? 

He's 21

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Pinch of salt then. I think it would be a bit silly of the club not to take notice and have a look but I’d feel a lot better about him potentially signing if we already had an established striker in the squad. 

Aye he's the kind of player we should be taking a punt on but like you say I'd still be wanting a Jakubiak or the likes to come in aswell. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

He's 21

Aw thought it said 19 somewhere

Just now, AyrAtlanta said:

I’m sure I heard Beith want a fair chunk of money for him. Was also training with Kilmarnock after Motherwell turned him down I think.

He's contracted with Beith until 2024/2025 season so yes he'll not be cheap plus folk are  going to try and take the piss with us after what we've just got for Dipo

It's depressing times seeing Jakubiak being listed multiple times a day as something that would be acceptable.  His best ever return is 6 goals so can we f**k off with that 😂

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

It's depressing times seeing Jakubiak being listed multiple times a day as something that would be acceptable.  His best ever return is 6 goals so can we f**k off with that 😂

Yeah, injury prone too.

I do think he would be good in a certain front two or with three goal scoring players in behind him but we don’t have anything like that at the moment. 

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

He’s also not a number nine afaik. Dundee and Partick used him off or alongside a main striker like Graham or Robinson but he isn’t someone to lead a line for us. He’s also got a poor injury record so f**k knows how reliable he is. 

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Name players better then? We've Fannied about for that long that we're not down to the dregs in the attacking area. Jakubiak is the best of a bad bunch. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Name players better then? We've Fannied about for that long that we're not down to the dregs in the attacking area. Jakubiak is the best of a bad bunch. 

That's the same redundant Da patter that folk hit out with if you think the manager should go.  

If you are wanting a shite striker that doesn't score then Curtis Main would fit our kick and rush style better.  

Chances are whatever striker they do wheel out, no one will ever have heard of him so I reckon it’s pointless trying to guess. I think we’ve exhausted all the options as far as up here is concerned.

14 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Chances are whatever striker they do wheel out, no one will ever have heard of him so I reckon it’s pointless trying to guess. I think we’ve exhausted all the options as far as up here is concerned.

Connor McLennan

Absolutely no problem signing players from the juniors, considering that the fucking 27-year-old Reid plucked out did alright for himself.

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The only thing that Jakubiak is missing in terms of red flags is a spell at Rugby Park.*

* This is not to say that having played for Kilmarnock makes it inevitable that one would be shit for Ayr: there are plenty of examples to the contrary. But you're looking as a case far closer to Gary Harkins than Mark Roberts.

Jakubiak, on form, was one of the better players in the league last season. Made a tremendous difference for us. Injury concerns are the main reason we'll have let him go. Cracking secondary striker.

6 hours ago, itzdrk said:

That's the same redundant Da patter that folk hit out with if you think the manager should go.  

If you are wanting a shite striker that doesn't score then Curtis Main would fit our kick and rush style better.  

Main left St Mirren because he wants more money than theyre offering...

7 hours ago, itzdrk said:

He's a nuisance. I wouldn't be playing him as an out and out but I was disappointed he left the club.

54 minutes ago, Bruadair said:

What's happend with the lad Ethon Archer...is he still around the club or has it beeb decided he's not what we're after...

Considering there's no other opportunities to play trialists it seems unlikely we're keeping him

9 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Considering there's no other opportunities to play trialists it seems unlikely we're keeping him

Pity if that's the case...I would've liked to have seen a bit more of him as thought he showed up well against Stranraer