The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

On 22/07/2023 at 13:23, BukyOHare said:

Superfans. Riled, how come? A clearly edited interview on YouTube has literally got folk frothing at the mouth on here.

Only one party is doing any frothing here, by a wild coincidence the same one that always gets angry when anything about the club is criticised.

Are you implying that the video was deliverately edited to remove any questions about the manager? Because that's a very odd thing to say.

2 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

What are we thinking about Tuesday?Do we need to get something from the game? Or does a win against Alloa see us through?

A draw on Tuesday and a win or Saturday should be more then enough to see us through depending on stuff outsider our power, our goal difference may be our issue if we finish second in the group 

5 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Quite incredible that an actual company, who I’m assuming actually deals with that type of stuff, is is in charge of that. 

I think I would be asking questions!

There is a chicken-and-egg situation where the neatly unuseable website will mean that online sales are extremely low volume, which in turn disincentivises spending money on fixing the website.

4 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

See also:

ScreenShot2023-07-23at10_32_38.thumb.png.41bc349e6d4184f6da24d1782ef66882.png

Bit odd for a football club website to be selling snooker cues.

15 hours ago, Aidan said:

Just having a read through the thread and seems to be a number of people suggesting that McGeady will be looking to take Bullens job or that they’ll fall out etc. I would imagine that McGeady wouldn’t be at Ayr if he didn’t have a decent relationship with Bullen, they would have worked together at Sheffield Wednesday, admittedly only short term, but will both know what the other is like from that time. 

This game of telephone has escalated rapidly. Order of events:

1. Club puts up a signing interview with McGeady. As is the prevailing style, the five minutes of wittering on with e.g. "So Aiden, welcome to Somerset Park, what do you know about Ayr United, have you been to Ayr before, what can you tell the fans about Aiden McGeady in case they haven't heard of you" has been chopped off.

2. A couple of people (self included) noted that unlike all the other ones, there was practically no mention of the manager despite McGeady repeatedly emphasising that he was here primarily as a player.

3. These people are immediately accused of saying that McGeady wishes physical harm on Lee Bullen, that they are bringing ruin to the club as usual, and so on. Cries of "the footage was edited" are made, as if Callum is in the habit of trimming not only his questions but also the entire answers. Many tears are shed, many cats are kicked.

4. It is now considered accepted wisdom that people were specifically advocating for Bullen to lose his job to Aiden McGeady.

For what it's worth, I remain in the position that Bullen is safe in his job, even if he seems to think that it's someone else's fault that every other club in the league figured out Ayr's one tactic by the end of October and that Mark McKenzie made an incredible late difference to the perception of how the overall season went. Whether that remains the case if the club doesn't sign a left back and a striker is another matter, but having signed one of the most technically-proficient players of his generation (even that that generation was 15 years ago) should help a lot there if he can stay fit.

8 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

A draw on Tuesday and a win or Saturday should be more then enough to see us through depending on stuff outsider our power, our goal difference may be our issue if we finish second in the group 

The least Ayr can finish with if they draw on Tuesday and win next weekend is nine points, whereas the most St Johnstone can finish with would be eight. That wins the group if Stirling get beat or fail to win penalties.

Edited by Thumper

I’ll take the hit for starting the bin fire of McGeady replacing Bullen as I did suggest that it would be quite ironic if we’ve just signed Bullen’s replacement. 

That only comes from my belief that if we’re in the shit come November time then a decision could possibly be made and in the interim it would make sense for McGeady/White to take charge of the team. Whether or not that’ll come to pass is another thing. No one is suggesting that McGeady is going to undermine Bullen to get him out and no one should be this upset over it. 

It was the same when Duffy was appointed. A lot of people (I remained unconvinced) said that he’d be the Ayr manager within seconds of the news coming out that he was joining Ayr. 

McGeady was just interviewed on Sportsound. To save anyone listening to it on demand

Aiden, what does this role involve? 

Don’t know yet, hopefully a bit of everything.

Will you play against St Johnstone?

Not up to me, I trained at Hibs till my contract ran out on the 30th June and the boys were coming back for pre-season. It’ll take 1-2 games

That was pretty much it 

6 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

McGeady was just interviewed on Sportsound. To save anyone listening to it on demand

Aiden, what does this role involve? 

Don’t know yet, hopefully a bit of everything.

Will you play against St Johnstone?

Not up to me, I trained at Hibs till my contract ran out on the 30th June and the boys were coming back for pre-season. It’ll take 1-2 games

That was pretty much it 

That and he said he spoke to Bullen first before anyone else. So the Poirots on here can put the clue notepads down.

7 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

That and he said he spoke to Bullen first before anyone else. So the Poirots on here can put the clue notepads down.

Aye but we don't know what was said on that phonecall.  He might've said he was after his job!!!1!

Spoiler

kevin-wearing-tin-foil-hat-thumbs-up-i47i4n15hc90n8ui.gif.492702f7a132dbad59d45f3e16bfd089.gif