The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, conley said:

Guys...please...give us all a break...if you want to discuss your eating habits, please by all means do so by PM...it's does my head in🙂

Awright Bobby Sands no bother. 

11 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Those bedsheets will smell delightful with that fish supper sitting on top of them.

There's many an inappropriate joke that could be made to that sentence but i'll resist temptation 

15 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Those highlights are pish by the way

Hopefully a thing of the past given the last couple of match highlights. Yeah, they're a touch out of focus but totally watchable - well done to whoever is doing them. A big improvement over nothing!

6 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

In the absence of a ThursYay, I have a question for you all.

Do YOU have a favourite Ayr United goal?

I'll nominate Alex Williams v Killie. Don't think I've ever experienced mayhem quite like when that went in. Fantastic moment. 

That was a screamer. Encapsulated what's great about Ayrshire Derbies at Somerset. Feel like you're cosplaying an episode of 1980s match of the day. Still remember Glynn Hurst diving to win the penalty and Andy Walker's chip. It was unreal.

Best one for me though was when Stevo skinned half the Alloa team to score a total peach. After years of Ayr sliding into potential ruin, Stevo was like this ball of colour that came outta nowhere and lit the place up. That goal was him at his best.

Edited by Coollestersmoothe

Just now, Coollestersmoothe said:

That was a screamer. Encapsulated what's great about Ayrshire Derbies at Somerset. Feel like you're cosplaying an episode of 1980s match of the day. Still remember Glynn Hurst diving to win the penalty and Andy Walker's chip and loved it for the same reason.

Best one for me though was when Stevo skinned half the Alloa team to score a total peach. After years of Ayr sliding into potential ruin, Stevo was like this ball of colour that came outta nowhere and lit the place up. That goal was him at his best.

The Walker chip was (unfortunately) before my time as a fan and I Iived overseas at the time so couldn't have went anyway, but I'd have loved to have been at that game. I'm thoroughly jealous of everyone who was there.

That Stevo goal was fantastic as well. He made that look effortless.

7 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I'll nominate Alex Williams v Killie. Don't think I've ever experienced mayhem quite like when that went in. Fantastic moment. 

Can’t single any out but my top 5

Mark Roberts vs Hibs

Chris Smith vs St Mirren (shite goal but got us to Hampden)

Moff vs Brechin 

Keigan Parker vs Dundee (the overhead Kick)

Dipo vs Dundee (was just a thundercunt of a strike)

3 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Can’t single any out but my top 5

Mark Roberts vs Hibs

Chris Smith vs St Mirren (shite goal but got us to Hampden)

Moff vs Brechin 

Keigan Parker vs Dundee (the overhead Kick)

Dipo vs Dundee (was just a thundercunt of a strike)

Outstanding goals. 

ETA - I bellowed something to the effect of  "OOOOO YE FUCKER YE WHAT A FUCKING GOAL" when that Dipo goal went in. 

Edited by Richey Edwards

14 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Forrests goal in this game maybe not the most important in Ayrs history but a brilliant flowing team move.

10 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I think the goal I celebrated the hardest in recent times was Jamie Adams vs Raith. More a slide tackle than a shot but I basically ended up at the other end of the SRE during the celebration. 

Craig Moore vs Dundee United is a close runner up. A week after the Talbot debacle, Shankland still injured and we should’ve had no chance against Dundee United new look side. A peach of a volley from Moore about two minutes into the game and we absolutely strolled it. 

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Wee Forrest scoring a header from the edge of the box against Dunfermline, ridiculous.  

Image_04_jpg.jpg

This is an excellent shout though. First time I ever saw us beat Dunfermline in the flesh as well. We absolutely bent them over in the first twenty minutes and it was in that game that I think a lot of people realised how good we were. Also Adams bodying wee Faissal all game was an added bonus. 

Alan Forrest v Rangers in the Scottish Cup

Not a great goal and an even worse game, but my view of the aftermath of that goal was of mutants absolutely spitting feathers that a "wee ****** bastart" scored a goal and then trying to fight each other. Quickly apprehended by the polis and pushed face down into the ground where their fellow mutants had just been pishing.