The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 hours ago, malkyshotton said:

Sure it is. Said in the last press conference that he (McGeady) would be spending more time on/with Bryden.

If true, not a bad start to the mentoring after only a few days in the building. 

Bryden will be replacing Harry Kane at this rate.

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

So Chalmers is nonsense? I've already started sending out invites to the promotion party. 

Would love to see it happen , can’t confirm or deny as only seen it on here 

Chalmers went on loan to us because he wasn't getting a game, we were paying a fraction of his wage. Due to his performances and his relationship with Mellon, that loan was cancelled and he went to Tranmere on loan, who payed all of his wage. He apparently wanted to try and make a name for himself in England. 
That didn't work out and he ended up back at Dundee United. 

So far, he has been named on the bench 3 times out of 4 in the league cup and came on once, for 14 minutes in the 1-0 defeat to Spartans. 

At 23, he has played just over 60 games and more than half of them have been on loan, In context, Mark McKenzie is a year younger and has played over 100 games. He needs to leave to further his career, he has tried England and probably his most sensible move would be to a Championship team where he will play regularly. 

45 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

So Chalmers is nonsense? I've already started sending out invites to the promotion party. 

Not to piss on your chips but I expect it is nonsense. There are other areas of the squad in need of strengthening.

Chalmers would be another player in positions we are already well stocked. Unless there are a couple to go out (ie. Ashford and McKenzie), I just can't see it.

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Not to piss on your chips but I expect it is nonsense. There are other areas of the squad in need of strengthening.

Chalmers would be another player in positions we are already well stocked. Unless there are a couple to go out (ie. Ashford and McKenzie), I just can't see it.

While I agree we don't need wingers Chalmers is an upgrade. 

I think Logan Chalmers is great but to get in the team he needs to displace Amartey or Murphy. That's no mean feat at the moment. I also think we need to upgrade the fullbacks unless we're going balls oot if you score 4 we'll score 5. 

It does amaze me that he can't get a game for Dundee United at this level. I used to think Goodwin was a good manager but Aberdeen has utterly ruined him.

Last two teams we've played have been really poor so I'd hold off on booking a top four spot just yet. Encouraging signs so far though and there's a huge difference between watching them recently compared to last season. I hope the next signing is a fullback, and the one after that.

great result against what looked like a not very good Alloa side, Amartey getting 3 Assists is great considering he did not get a lot that first half only due to have well Murphy has been, thought Dempsey played very well won the ball a lot in the midfeild and dropping back, Pendlebury looked good attacking wise, Rose got off to a good start in his cameo, Tomlinson looks like he has potenital, and was good to see Ollie Ecrepont get on the pitch, nothing but positives for the team today

I straight up have no idea how we did today.  It was obviously good but the stream was so bad it's impossible to have any thoughts.  

How did Rose look? 

7 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Gutted I missed the second half. My iptv stream died after my wife said I didn’t need to go out.  

looking forward to the highlights to see the goals in the second half 

Listen I've seen some lies on this hellsite....

6 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I have to laugh at the vast majority of the posters on here. 2 weeks ago Reading was a liability and we urgently needed him binned. Now he’s fine and he’s not to be let go. Bryden just a few hours ago needed to be loaned out but now he looks fine for the championship. Also at the start of last season we were in mourning about Adeloye now he’s gone to Thistle he’s a lazy, No user. 

I give up with some people.

I have to laugh

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Just the six Alloa defenders round Bryden when he scored the first. 

Jeezo someone's phone putting AUTV in the mud.  

3 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Great to see Mutch walking off the pitch with Ollie at full time, clearly fully supportive of him and no doubt offering words of wisdom to the boy. 

It looks a really happy camp at the moment which goes a long way to getting results at any level.

Were Murdoch and Albinson rested today?