The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Would love it to be someone who was good for us previously 🤔 Doesn't have a long list unfortunately.

Forget Logan,

JOE Chalmers is the man we want !!!

11 minutes ago, Thumper said:

About half a dozen players turned Ayr down for other teams in the same division. The ones who accepted are either already wealthy from 20 years in the sport or were part time. This strongly suggests that despite the number of players on the books, Ayr are unwilling to pay the same wages as their rivals. Which is a big gamble considering that player wages are usually pretty much directly correlated with final team position. Last season they got lucky and unearthed a very good striker, along with an astute set of loans.

McKay from Inverness, he’d have to move lock stock and barrel to come to Ayr. We were only going to sign him if Inverness didn’t offer him a deal, which they did.

Graham, in with the bricks at Firhill and is the coach of the woman’s team. At the age he is, he would need a coaching role at Ayr to make it really worth his while. Would only move to Ayr if Thistle cut his money and we offered a great deal more. 
Would the club break the bank for a guy in his late 30s? 

These are the only two confirmed that we were in for. 

Maybe the club are offering less for players but we already have a bloated squad that looks like it needs at least 3 more players to achieve being average. 

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Maybe the club are offering less for players but we already have a bloated squad that looks like it needs at least 3 more players to achieve being average. 

That's the danger of giving players long-term contracts. It's still the correct decision in the long term. For now, this was always going to be a transitional season what with the north terrace being closed. At the end of the season the club should hopefully have a shiny new stand and a few less duffers on the books. Their wages can then be used on a smaller set of less duff players.

6 minutes ago, Thumper said:

That's the danger of giving players long-term contracts. It's still the correct decision in the long term. For now, this was always going to be a transitional season what with the north terrace being closed. At the end of the season the club should hopefully have a shiny new stand and a few less duffers on the books. Their wages can then be used on a smaller set of less duff players.

I’d image come May we’ll be letting quite a few go . It might be then , with the new stand opening with all its corporate facilities that we push a bit harder in the quality players department! 

I’m sure we would love for us to hit the ground running and lead the pack for the whole season in a triumphant return to the top league.

As that was never happening this season, I would be strangely happy to take a bit of time to find our feet and for the squad to grow together this season.

It would be a welcome change to actually get better as the season goes on and end with a strong finish and run in to the play-offs.

5 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I’m sure we would love for us to hit the ground running and lead the pack for the whole season in a triumphant return to the top league.

As that was never happening this season, I would be strangely happy to take a bit of time to find our feet and for the squad to grow together this season.

It would be a welcome change to actually get better as the season goes on and end with a strong finish and run in to the play-offs.

Ironically, if we want to win the playoffs it's crucial to be in good form at the end of the season. As you say, our arse seems to collapse every time we get there.

Based on the Morton game we will be very lucky to finish 8th or above let alone the top 4 play offs. It seems we were exposed badly with our full backs. Whodhavethunkit? We need these areas addressed badly. I will give Ahui the benefit of the doubt for a few games as he was chucked in at the deep end. 

3 minutes ago, Ayrfix said:

Based on the Morton game we will be very lucky to finish 8th or above let alone the top 4 play offs. It seems we were exposed badly with our full backs. Whodhavethunkit? We need these areas addressed badly. I will give Ahui the benefit of the doubt for a few games as he was chucked in at the deep end. 

We surely can't have one without the other ?

We can't really make a judgement call until we have played everyone once, most teams in the league have still to complete their squads (including us) and once that's done the picture should be clearer.

I'd also be very surprised if our normal starting 11 is anything like the one we had on Saturday, however if it is then I'd agree that we'll have problems but in all honesty I'd expect at least 3 or 4 changes from that original 11.

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Anyone else heard any strong rumours about a new signing that hasn’t been at the club before? 

Is he good ?