The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Chalmers, Dundee United will be trying to sell him first. Then loan him so if we aren't buying, that will be done on the last day and even then he'll have options. 

Strapp will be holding out for a better move, he doesn't need to sign for anyone during the window. 

Anyone else will be loans and they won't be done until other clubs 

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

You REALLY don't like McGeady, do you ??

I’ve nothing personal against him, if that’s what you mean.  He was a class act in his day, and I’ve no doubt the football brain is still there.  But old age comes to us all, and I just don’t see him ever being fit enough or mobile enough to be anything other than a bit part player.  Which is honestly no use to us given the lack of quality in the rest of the team.   Give Bullen his due, he’s recognised the total lack of quality shown today against a desperately poor Inverness side - whether we have the means or opportunity to fix it remains to be seen.  

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

While you are right, you can’t fail to be concerned about the starting team that was sent out today two games into the league season and the horrible style of play. 

I'd be more concerned if the window had shut and no additions had been made.

A fit and cohesive squad containing the likes of McGeady, Rose, Murphy and Amartey plus any others above average will be fine.

Things can change so quickly at our level, three or four weeks ago Reading was done and a replacement was needed as a matter of urgency.

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I think you are right and it’s definitely partially a recruitment/current personnel issue. You can’t sign guys who won’t be able to play in a hoofball style time like McGeady and Murphy and then have no one behind them capable of keeping possession though - it’s bizarre. 

McGinty was hoofing it up the park long before he was being pressed though. At the same time in the second half no one was really showing from midfield to take the ball from defence. 

I think there are a multitude of issues tbh so f**k knows!

I think we're all far too guilty of over analysing everything, it was a tough fought dogfight of a match in which we came out on top and walked with the 3 points, which ultimately is the aim of the game and only thing that matters.

It wasn't pretty but I've seen us play great and lose, so I'll happily take it.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

it was a tough fought dogfight of a match in which we came out on top and walked with the 3 points, which ultimately is the aim of the game and only thing that matters.

It wasn't pretty but I've seen us play great and lose, so I'll happily take it.

Every Championship fan can copy and paste exactly this after every game they watch their teams play in.

It is what it is. The quality isn't great generally and it's a scrap from week to week to try and get promotion or avoid relegation.

There are other times to worry about artistic impression, the Championship definitely isn't one of them.

Just now, BukyOHare said:

Every Championship fan can copy and paste exactly this after every game they watch their teams play in.

It is what it is. The quality isn't great generally and it's a scrap from week to week to try and get promotion or avoid relegation.

There are other times to worry about artistic impression, the Championship definitely isn't one of them.

The counterpoint to this is that performance is generally a better predictor of future results than the score.

46 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I literally have no idea what you are talking about, it was hoofball most of the time Bryden was on the pitch. 

It’s weird all the stick McKenzie gets, while Bryden offers arguably less and gets very little as he is one of our own or some pish. Neither should be starting, but McKenzie is ahead of Bryden at the moment as he has the ability to challenge physically and link things occasionally. Bryden is of course very young but needs huge work on his link up play - he still needs to go on loan. 

Rose has to start going forward, I can’t see any other option. Anyone is going to be chasing shadows closing down an entire back four by themselves! We were ridiculously deep. 

Bryden has scored more goals already this season than mckenzie had last season. Bryden has broke into the squad and is showing potential whereas McKenzies time is up. He scored a wonder goal in dundee and has been living off it since 

5 minutes ago, Jack_1910 said:

Bryden has scored more goals already this season than mckenzie had last season. Bryden has broke into the squad and is showing potential whereas McKenzies time is up. He scored a wonder goal in dundee and has been living off it since 

That isn’t true. 

Bryden can clearly finish, but can’t really contribute anything in terms of the wider game.

McKenzie can’t finish and is able to contribute something in terms of the wider game and is fine as a squad option at times but that’s about it. 

9 minutes ago, Jack_1910 said:

Bryden has scored three goals against Stirling and Alloa. McKenzie scored against better teams last season and is so obviously ahead of Bryden I’m not sure why people are trying to say otherwise. 

McKenzie should be starting games this season if we’re going two up front. Bryden needs a loan spell if we can manage to bring someone else in. 

All the pish about McGeady is overweight, not fit, too slow, not interested,  bla bla bla, is unreal. He was head and shoulders  above everyone on the pitch when he came on and he was the shortest. He has more than enough in the locker to do us a favour. Ayr fans sometimes don't understand what level our club is. Expect the critics from the closet **** in the away ends but our support needs to get behind him.