The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Defensive Mid, Attacking Mid, Striker and a RB at an absolute minimum.

The Chalmers situation is now a sideshow and should be treated as such.

A sideshow but also the ideal candidate for the winger we need

Apparently Inverness aren’t pursuing him as Dundee United don’t want to let him go to a league rival so unless we pay through the nose or he terminates his contract well no see him.

I’ve got an awful feeling we’ll put all our eggs in the Chalmers basket to end up with another Gondoh/Kenyon type.

Relax, we've got a no pressure game tomorrow and the transfer window is still open.  Some of the squad still to be properly introduced.  We aren't just gonna hang about with two centre mids until players going for surgery recover, they'll get a loan in for midfield to January.  

There's no need for this level of cranium detachment yet 😂

4 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

A sideshow but also the ideal candidate for the winger we need

Apparently Inverness aren’t pursuing him as Dundee United don’t want to let him go to a league rival so unless we pay through the nose or he terminates his contract well no see him.

I’ve got an awful feeling we’ll put all our eggs in the Chalmers basket to end up with another Gondoh/Kenyon type.

What I'm meaning is that the Chalmers position is now way down our list of priorities given the Midfield situation.

We've at least got McGeady and Murphy (when back) as our first choice left sided wingers and both McKenzie and Ashford can cover there if required and even Amartey is good on the left with Tomlinson coming in wide right if needed.

#arakeofoptions

Chalmers situation won't even come into play until the 27th at the earliest.  I don't see how it will be some form of distraction from other targets.  

It's not like Mathie is spending 7 hours a day on the phone to Dundee United trying to break them down.  

Just now, itzdrk said:

Chalmers situation won't even come into play until the 27th at the earliest.  I don't see how it will be some form of distraction from other targets.  

It's not like Mathie is spending 7 hours a day on the phone to Dundee United trying to break them down.  

Yes, it's probably some of us that are the ones being distracted as opposed to anyone at the club !!

Just now, Jazzar said:

I would love to see young Tomlinson given a start. The potential is there for sure.

Yes, he's definitely impressed in his couple of short cameo's.

New member after some lurking. Hola all.

Season ticket holder when I was a young 'un living in Ayr. Back into the swing now with my own two kids, albeit from a Highland distance. The wee man has the only Ayr United jersey in the village school :). We've got a decent number of away and home games in the diary this season.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Where did the idea that McAllister can play midfield come from? It was Hopkin that shoved him in there where he was woefully out his depth. The guy can barely pass five yards in front of him so he’s never going to be able to play in midfield. 

We can add a centre midfielder to our shopping list now. Potentially needing 3-4 players in. 

Think it was Duffy that put McAllister into midfield towards the end of his time here, not Hopkin. Think he played there in that 3-0 going on 7-0 loss away to QOS which I still have PTSD from.

Let's wait to the end of the window and see where we are.

I don't see how anyone can have a go on the 18th of August for a mini injury crisis that can happen to any club at anytime.

If there's a positive to be had, at least the window's still open for replacements to be identified and brought in.

Dempsey has been derided by some on here, let's see if we miss him or not.

Edited by BukyOHare

19 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Let's wait to the end of the window and see where we are.

I don't see how anyone can have a go on the 18th of August for a mini injury crisis that can happen to any club at anytime.

If there's a positive to be had, at least the window's still open for replacements to be identified and brought in.

Dempsey has been derided by some on here, let's see if we miss him or not.

I think the club will be well down the line with replacements for longer term injuries, 

Watch the club now come out and say the reason we aren't bringing in a LB and winger is due to needing two centre mids. Think this now puts any chance of Chalmers coming in to bed. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Watch the club now come out and say the reason we aren't bringing in a LB and winger is now due to needing two centre mids. Think this now puts any chance of Chalmers coming in to bed. 

Total assumption on your part which isn't like you to be fair.

Were we ever bringing in a left back? Probably not.

The more sensible among us would probably be of the opinion that we don't have an unlimited budget and a luxury like Chalmers, depending on the severity of injuries, is now further down the line of priorities, which isn't far from what you're saying but without the negative spin and veiled digs. 

Good job we didn't empty the budget a few weeks ago like you were pushing for. 

3 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Total assumption on your part which isn't like you to be fair.

Were we ever bringing in a left back? Probably not.

The more sensible among us would probably be of the opinion that we don't have an unlimited budget and a luxury like Chalmers, depending on the severity of injuries, is now further down the line of priorities, which isn't far from what you're saying but without the negative spin and veiled digs. 

Good job we didn't empty the budget a few weeks ago like you were pushing for. 

I think every fan on here said we needed a left back even despite Readings fairly decent performances thus far. 

Chalmers is a player we Absoulotely need if we're wanting to challenge top 4. If we don't get him the club will come out and use the 2x centre mid injuries as an excuse.

3 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

The more sensible among us

ahahahahahahahaha

38 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

The absolute least acceptable time to have an injury crisis is at the very start of the campaign. Especially when it's hitting the single area that wasn't still direly in need of reinforcement.

14 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I think some of the injured players will be replaced before next league game if not sooner , can’t see them not dealing with long term injuries this early in season 

Have we any idea how long "long term" is ?

And is it Murdoch and Dempsey that are the "only" long termers / potentially long termers with Murphy due back in the next 4 - 6 weeks ?

Not looking for any inside info but just an idea what we're dealing with.

10 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Have we any idea how long "long term" is ?

And is it Murdoch and Dempsey that are the "only" long termers / potentially long termers with Murphy due back in the next 4 - 6 weeks ?

Not looking for any inside info but just an idea what we're dealing with.

If surgery is involved then minnimum time out would be 3-4 months