The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Every squad needs an Ashford/McKenzie type player. They are similar but McKenzie obviously has more about him physically. You don’t really want two of them in your squad, but one is helpful. 

Whether that is just to bring someone on when you are leading to work back with a wide player, or to give you a bit more physicality either at set pieces or to win flick ons and make space for the goal scorer like McKenzie did with Dipo. 

13 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Think two posters have confirmed it. The anon guy and djaffo I think 

I’ve certainly said nothing although I’ve said for ages that I expect him to go but that is based on opinion and nothing else.

At a risk of folk thinking I’m ITK or something here. 

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’ve certainly said nothing although I’ve said for ages that I expect him to go but that is based on opinion and nothing else.

At a risk of folk thinking I’m ITK or something here. 

I wasn’t accusing you just couldn’t remember who said it and can’t be bothered scrolling through pages to try find it 

12 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I wasn’t accusing you just couldn’t remember who said it and can’t be bothered scrolling through pages to try find it 

I don’t talk to enough people to find out what’s going on behind closed doors. If I had a hotline to Somerset I’d be charging good money for info though. 

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t talk to enough people to find out what’s going on behind closed doors. If I had a hotline to Somerset I’d be charging good money for info though. 

Can you charge if based on social media you reconstruct people's family trees to find the footballers in the family? If so I'll need to remember that for next time...

14 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Can you charge if based on social media you reconstruct people's family trees to find the footballers in the family? If so I'll need to remember that for next time...

f**k Billy McKay junior and senior. 

16 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

You’ve not had one in a while in fairness. Family members are lacking on social media these days.

Edited by D'Jaffo

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I really can't stand the 'he gives 100% and you can't fault his effort' argument.

Is that not the minimum we should expect from all the players?

I'd give 100% if (for some inexplicable reason) I was on the pitch but my 100% would be so absolutely diabolically bad. 

You can put in as much effort as you want, but if you don't have the ability to do what you're trying to do then it will be in vain.

11 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I really can't stand the 'he gives 100% and you can't fault his effort' argument.

Is that not the minimum we should expect from all the players?

Yes, but in reality it doesn’t work out like that.

Some folk see a guy that bursts his arse every week and just don’t want to start laying into the guy. Don’t see the issue with that.

22 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You’ve not had one in a while in fairness. Family members are lacking on social media these days.

Actually I've added a player to my shortlist tonight so I'm on a alert, although I like two to be sure.

With the wide options we now have it wouldn't be much of a surprise if Ashford did leave. He's also not really a winger but it seems to be the only place we're interested in playing him.

Given our new found issues in the middle of the park hopefully it would free up additional funds to bring someone with quality in. 

Considering all of the outgoings we've had I'm still expecting to see a few new faces before the end of the window, be it permanent deals or loans.