The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, callum-ayr said:

Mathies ego won’t allow at him to sack Bullen. It would mean admitting he’s gone and overseen a shitshow. 

Nah, I genuinely think he thinks this is a work in progress and just a small bump in the road. Scary to actually think how bad it has to get before he pulls the trigger on him.

Just now, Rb123 said:

On the basis of that tonight for large parts we actually played well and makes me feel a bit for Bullen as he clearly got a bit of a tune out of them.

However he's been given utter shite upfront to work with and we're now pinning our season on Anton Dowds

What a mess....

I thought Rose played quite well. 

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

Mathies ego won’t allow at him to sack Bullen. It would mean admitting he’s gone and overseen a shitshow. 

Again: Mathie is a director. He is not here purely for the glory. If the club loses, Mathie loses, and he can't easily bail. Wish people understood this.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Good to see Murphy, and I don’t think it’s a huge coincidence that Reading plays better with him on the park

Reading always seems to play better with a footballer in front of him. I think that's why he's been largely fine this season. He's one of the few who seem to be on the same wavelength as Murphy or McGeady. He's clearly much more of a full back McAllister is on the other side.

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

Again: Mathie is a director. He is not here purely for the glory. If the club loses, Mathie loses, and he can't easily bail. Wish people understood this.

Mathie is in charge of running the football side of the club. Recruitment and staffing is his main responsibilities. He’s overseen the recruitment of this squad and the managerial and coaching team.  

We played pretty well for around 35 minutes of the first half and ten minutes of the second - other than that we were stinking, so yeah I’m not buying that we played well or were unlucky or whatever. 

Within the periods we played well, Graham still missed two sitters - well one was a cracking save.

7 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

This will help #weareunited the fanbase with the club...

Screenshot_20230915-222429_Facebook.thumb.jpg.f0dfe4a52eb880be2d82e42049ec934d.jpg

That pish in the SRE tonight annoyed me more than the game itself. A third party security company brought in with sniffer dogs and everything. For a few young boys watching the team they love.

We are so in touch with the community though…

Most of those boys are there every week but for ones that maybe aren’t as invested that were caught up in that, I doubt they’ll ever be back.

Sums up the calamitous reign of this shower, papered over by a few construction projects.

Edited by AyrAtlanta

Just now, AyrAtlanta said:

That pish in the stand tonight annoyed me more than the game itself. A third party security company brought in with sniffer dogs and everything. For a few young boys watching the team they love.

We are so in touch with the community though…

Most of those boys are there every week but for ones that maybe aren’t as invested that were caught up in that, I doubt they’ll ever be back.

Sums up the calamitous reign of this shower, papered over by a few construction projects.

What the actual f**k - what were they looking for?

That is utterly wild - what kind of club treats their own support that way. Whoever sanctioned that can get themselves to f**k too. 

37 minutes ago, super_carson said:

I also don't understand that whole "who else would you have?" arguement. You cannot continue to accept mediocrity due to a lack of alternatives of you want to be successful. 

We are several levels below mediocrity right now.

Just now, No_Problemo said:

What the actual f**k - what were they looking for?

That is utterly wild - what kind of club treats their own support that way. Whoever sanctioned that can get themselves to f**k too. 

I have no idea but they were obviously specifically brought in to stand and watch that section and stand in amongst them.

The ginger speccy one that usually patrols the SRE was up amongst them at full time trying to retrieve a match ball by force off a couple of 10/11 year olds. He wasn’t successful.

Ayr needs its supporters more than the supporters need it. When the old Ragazzi had all been shown the door, our attendances declined and the atmosphere went flat and the club tried to go back on itself and entice them back. Provan does more damage to this club than good.

1 minute ago, motley123rock said:

Is that the same woman & mutt that was at the last game in Inverness last season ?

I've joked a few times about throwing on a luminous jacket and seeing if I could get free entry to Somerset. That woman actually looks like she's stole my idea and brought the dug along with for shits and giggles.

Absolutely no need for it. The only thing I could think of is pyrotechnics but ffs.