The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Part of the problem with pyro is the glamourisation of it as well, when you see the huge displays in places like Greece and Turkey being swooned over it automatically makes people want to do something similar. In one of the BBC Scotland live games last year even the commentators and pundits were going on about how great an atmosphere they create and how they need to find a safe way of allowing pyros. 

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

As soon as a flair lands on the pitch, there is a murmur of - Ah for f**k sake around the ground and a delay while we wait on someone to boot it off the park. Then the referee to note it down in his note pad. 

How that adds to atmosphere in Scottish football, especially Ayr v.  Cove Rangers, I do not know. 

I thought it was box office when a flair ended up on the park at Alloa and then one of our centre backs launched it over the stand into the street.

I had visions of an old dear walking in the street getting domed by a flair or someone driving their car and it landing on their windscreen and breaking their wipers.

10 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Part of the problem with pyro is the glamourisation of it as well, when you see the huge displays in places like Greece and Turkey being swooned over it automatically makes people want to do something similar. In one of the BBC Scotland live games last year even the commentators and pundits were going on about how great an atmosphere they create and how they need to find a safe way of allowing pyros. 

Are they wrong?

14 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I have felt, and voiced in on here for a while that we were heading in this direction and we needed to change things to halt the decline. I took some amount of abuse for it, as did some others. I notice some of the most vocal have been absent from here in recent weeks. 

We are now at our lowest point since Hopkin left and its about fixing it now. So I am strangely not arsed about sacking Bullen currently. It is obvious that Rose is not up to it currently and we have brought in Dowds. We still have a couple of weeks of the loan window to shift players about. 

The problems are bigger than Bullen, underperforming players, poor recruitment, an obvious lack of learning from individuals, particularly in defence. 

Results will dictate what happens now and if they continue, I think Bullen will walk, I have gotten the impression from the last two post match interviews that he is deflated rather that frustrated. He needs points quickly. 

Has there ever been a manger you've not attempted to hound out ? It seems you seek cult status as some kind  of thinking man's Ayr fan . In reality though your just a rebel who missed the punk era . You and your little gang of like minded dweebs outed yourselves on here long ago . Continue shaking your fists in this virtual reality cyber world . The real world isn't for you . Trot on Percy .

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Strathclyde Police used to think that the Ragazzi were one of the main problem groups .... They were literally a group of children. 

Sadly, these 'children' can be some of the worst offenders. Was at the railway end at an ICT game last season. Wee mouthy 10/12 year old shit kept repeatedly yelling "haw Ridgers, yer a fukn paedo"..."and when Ridgers was stupid enough to turn round, was rewarded with "hey paedo, you wanting to f&%k me, eh".

Stewards did nothing and self policing would only lead to the adult getting the flak. And the wee shits are all too well aware that they're virtually untouchable (resisted the obvious gag here) so carry on unchecked.

3 minutes ago, WalkerMcCollsAvenue said:

Sadly, these 'children' can be some of the worst offenders. Was at the railway end at an ICT game last season. Wee mouthy 10/12 year old shit kept repeatedly yelling "haw Ridgers, yer a fukn paedo"..."and when Ridgers was stupid enough to turn round, was rewarded with "hey paedo, you wanting to f&%k me, eh".

Stewards did nothing and self policing would only lead to the adult getting the flak. And the wee shits are all too well aware that they're virtually untouchable (resisted the obvious gag here) so carry on unchecked.

The horror! I’m sure Ridgers is still struggling to sleep to this day knowing a primary age child called him a name.

Seriously though they are weans, this is what weans do. Just have to put up with it because the other option means driving them away never to return. They’ll grow out of it.

If Willie Collum can handle thousands of grown men calling him a w****r every week for 10 years I think Ridgers will be okay. 

1 hour ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Are they wrong?

I don't think they are wrong. However, everyone needs to be singing off the same sheet. If clubs don't want them then it needs to be heavily policed with media backing. If clubs do want them, then there needs to be some form of agreement as to how people go about using them and what types are acceptable. 

54 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

Has there ever been a manger you've not attempted to hound out ? It seems you seek cult status as some kind  of thinking man's Ayr fan . In reality though your just a rebel who missed the punk era . You and your little gang of like minded dweebs outed yourselves on here long ago . Continue shaking your fists in this virtual reality cyber world . The real world isn't for you . Trot on Percy .

Heads gone 

57 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

Shucks. So pleased to have gotten under your skin. 

35 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

The horror! I’m sure Ridgers is still struggling to sleep to this day knowing a primary age child called him a name.

Seriously though they are weans, this is what weans do. Just have to put up with it because the other option means driving them away never to return. They’ll grow out of it.

If Willie Collum can handle thousands of grown men calling him a w****r every week for 10 years I think Ridgers will be okay. 

I don't think the idea of a young team has ever been the issue if they are solely creating a singing section, banners, flags etc and trying to create an atmosphere. The problem for me is flares, They are banned, there are health and safety implications and as a result, hefty fines for the club if they are used. You aren't allowed to smoke or vape under the roof at Ayr so you definitely can't let off a smoke flare. 

34 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

I don't think they are wrong. However, everyone needs to be singing off the same sheet. If clubs don't want them then it needs to be heavily policed with media backing. If clubs do want them, then there needs to be some form of agreement as to how people go about using them and what types are acceptable. 

The media don't exist to do what clubs want or tell them to.

Just now, craigkillie said:

The media don't exist to do what clubs want or tell them to.

I appreciate that. However, BBC Scotland are a national broadcaster and fall under the Government as an offshoot corporation (DCMS). If clubs and the police are against something, they shouldn't be cheerleading and encouraging the opposite. 

Sad to say we are a mess from top to bottom. At the top youve got the back slapping believe your own hype of Smith and Mathie, the out of touch Bullen, then the ivory towers Provans. Such discontent at every level. 

Somerset is a shambles most home games, we all know we have some absolute bangers in our support. I've went to the stand since the NT has been shut and it's honestly like pirate Pete's at times, unaccompanied kids with no interest in watching the game running about wild. Just such a shitty time going to games at the moment, garbage on the field and some sort of issue happening every game. 

6 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

I appreciate that. However, BBC Scotland are a national broadcaster and fall under the Government as an offshoot corporation (DCMS). If clubs and the police are against something, they shouldn't be cheerleading and encouraging the opposite. 

They still aren't supposed to be the mouthpiece for the government or the police. Any presenter on there should be able to express their views on any subject freely, including stuff like pyro at football.