The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

No he didn’t, he got eight assists in the league and eleven in total. 

Given the amount of goals he scored, and the general uselessness of our other attacking players post January then yes I would call that a ridiculous number. 

We scored 61 goals (six of which were penalties) so he wasn’t far off being a huge contributor to half of them - and that obviously doesn’t begin to take into account his general involvement in other goals. 

Trying to talk down the impact of Akinyemi is just weird. 

I'm not trying to talk down Akinyemis impact, I'm showing it, with context.  I said it's lazy to discount the contribution made by everyone else, while saying that Dipo being exceptional and others taking up slack can both be true.

I don't know where you're getting your data but what I'm looking at says he got 6 assists in the league, with videos to go along with those. I've never mentioned the cups anywhere.

25 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

I don't know where you're getting your data but what I'm looking at says he got 6 assists in the league, with videos to go along with those. I've never mentioned the cups anywhere.

6 assists for other players isn't bad considering he was the only player you could rely on to at least have a pop at goal. 

Teams doubled up on dipo which gave others space once they worked dipo out, unfortunately those teams only faced Sam (couldn’t hit a barn door)ashford and mark (couldn’t score in a brothel) mckenzie. Had we kept chalmers I think we would’ve been a bigger threat for the remainder of the season 

Edited by ryanayr1987

3 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

I'm not trying to talk down Akinyemis impact, I'm showing it, with context.  I said it's lazy to discount the contribution made by everyone else, while saying that Dipo being exceptional and others taking up slack can both be true.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dipo-akinyemi/leistungsdaten/spieler/369561/plus/0?saison=2022

Screenshot_20231113_192802_Chrome.thumb.jpg.593956aa84f3d6726bb84cd390c605df.jpg

Not even wattoo in his deepest levels of unhingedness would go as far as to suggest that Ayr weren't a one-man team last season.

Does Dobbies in Ayr have Waitrose stuff yet? This may significantly alter the contents of my parents' freezer at Christmas.

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Not even wattoo in his deepest levels of unhingedness would go as far as to suggest that Ayr weren't a one-man team last season.

Does Dobbies in Ayr have Waitrose stuff yet? This may significantly alter the contents of my parents' freezer at Christmas.

I dunno mate. I was just messing about. I didn't even realise it was getting Waitrose stuff!