The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Questions regarding the stand redevelopment: is the overall capacity of Somerset Park going to drop upon completion of the stand? It looks like a fairly sizeable area of terracing has been lost to the new build. Also, are there any future plans to redevelop other areas of the ground ie the main stand?

No, it is roughly the same, slightly up on what we had in total with the new seats and hospitality. 

There are loads of discussions on the next steps but they are mostly rumours just now. The costs have risen on the new stand so there are parts of that that wont be complete for a while, a sensory room and a business lounge. I imagine it'll be a few years before the owner gets the chequebook out unless we get funding for something.

The inside of the stand has been done up in the last 5-10 years, new board room and changing rooms. The outside has been tarted up as well. Just the actual seating bit that hasn't been touched. 

There are plans for a new gymnasium and meeting space in the corner at the away end if funding is granted. 

43 minutes ago, AllySloan said:

With the New Year approaching, was wondering what everyone thought about what might happen in January, particularly who might be going out. Will anyone be sold, loaned out or even guys like Chalmers possibly be recalled by their parent clubs?

Senga will most definitely be going back to Reading and Young will probably not get an extension. The issue lies with the fact that we're going to be without 2 midfielders again.

2 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Senga will most definitely be going back to Reading and Young will probably not get an extension. The issue lies with the fact that we're going to be without 2 midfielders again.

Senga yes , but I’d be hanging onto Young as Murdy is out the picture . 

Dowds will surely sign and Dundee United may torment us a bit with Chalmers , I wonder if he’ll sign a longer term deal with us . 

11 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I would rather keep Senga as he is a bit different in style to the other three. 

Saying that - I would actually rather we kept them all and got Smith out on loan. 

Fingers crossed for an actual good starting right back to become available in January. 

1 hour ago, AllySloan said:

With the New Year approaching, was wondering what everyone thought about what might happen in January, particularly who might be going out. Will anyone be sold, loaned out or even guys like Chalmers possibly be recalled by their parent clubs?

I think Chalmers will be recalled, Senga and Young's loan deals expire.  

With Dempsey back we will be looking at a centre mid for cover, a wide attacker to start and a loanee centre back for cover unless any injuries happen (here or at Partick).  

Senga’s loan deal will probably not be extended past January even if we want it. Reading are in dire straits now and he would likely go back and be in and around the first team.

Wycombe would probably be open to extending young’s deal but I don’t think we would want that. He’s not bad but we could easily upgrade in January

1 minute ago, GuyIncognito said:

Senga’s loan deal will probably not be extended past January even if we want it. Reading are in dire straits now and he would likely go back and be in and around the first team.

Wycombe would probably be open to extending young’s deal but I don’t think we would want that. He’s not bad but we could easily upgrade in January

I’m not sure our recruitment team could easily upgrade on him tbh. 

I mean look at the hilarious mess they made trying to upgrade some of the worst full backs in the league. 

40 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I think Chalmers will be recalled, Senga and Young's loan deals expire.  

With Dempsey back we will be looking at a centre mid for cover, a wide attacker to start and a loanee centre back for cover unless any injuries happen (here or at Partick).  

Nah no chance Chalmers will be recalled. I doubt he even wants to return either. 

Update on The Moffs testimonial year , now his year has officially ended the committee would like to thank everyone who contributed to his fund be that by donation , attending events and purchasing auction prices etc , we are delighted to announce that the total raised is just under £38,000 which is a fantastic result , again on behalf of the committee a massive thanks to you all 

11 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Update on The Moffs testimonial year , now his year has officially ended the committee would like to thank everyone who contributed to his fund be that by donation , attending events and purchasing auction prices etc , we are delighted to announce that the total raised is just under £38,000 which is a fantastic result , again on behalf of the committee a massive thanks to you all 

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

For January I’d be looking at sending Young and Senga back and bringing in another midfielder for cover or seeing what players are maybe going to be dumped if they aren’t playing enough. We need another striker and if this means letting one of Amartey or Rose go then I think that’s what might happen. Let Ahui go if we can find another right back and maybe get a centre half in for cover as Musonda will be away for the AFCON and there’s every chance he comes back injured. 

Getting Dowds tied up on a long term deal would be the priority for me though. 

12 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Chalmers reminds me of Declan McDaid in the fact that he can have these games where he's just completely anonymous but then on his day he's an absolute baller. Chalmers is a lot better on his day than McDaid at his best IMO

McDaid was excellent in the Tannadice Slaughter, and thus a bad word shall not be said against him. Also he went to Falkirk and successfully kept them down for multiple seasons, which is great lols.

34 minutes ago, Thumper said:

McDaid was excellent in the Tannadice Slaughter, and thus a bad word shall not be said against him. Also he went to Falkirk and successfully kept them down for multiple seasons, which is great lols.

I remember him being absolutely brilliant in the Killie game too - especially defensively as his work rate was incredible.