The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

So many individually shite performances yesterday.  

McCalister - usual, playing leagues above his ability.  Delighted when I saw he was getting subbed initially before realising he was injured. 

Musonda - something has happened there and he now simply cannot pass a ball, his pass completion must've been between 10 and 20% and the ones he did complete were of a poor standard to a tightly marked player who immediately lost it. 

Syla - I just don't see it, he's not a good tackler, he's not a good passer, he's lightweight, doesn't really mark well.  What is it he is actually good at?  Lost the ball and fell over all day.  

McGeady - sad to see but he's totally done, gave the ball away all day, he did have one wee trick and through ball but the pass was terrible.  Other than that he's just a slow guy meandering through the match giving the ball to the other team. 

I thought Bryden, McKenzie, Amartey and Rose were all shite but I have no much else to add other than the last 3 of those all ran the ball out the pitch for a throw in while doing what they call dribbling. 

One good performance only

McGinty - thought he was basically great yesterday, probably the best performance on the pitch tbh. 

Think your being a bit harsh on Musonda and Syla yesterday. Musonda is slowly getting back to fitness and battled well I thought , although passing not his best I agree. Syla got run ragged as he had little support, but he shut them down relentlessly. McGeady was a bombscare, any time he loses a ball,  the opposition charge forward and nearly score. He has zero defensive qualities and against Dundee Utd, you would expect to have to defend. Young was decent and should have started, we need to extend his loan in January.

If we could get the correct players in in the window I would be going 541 . Need two full backs , centre half and a passer in midfield.to make it all work . . Can’t see us getting that .. if we’re lucky we’ll get Dowds signed up and maybe Logan on a 18 month contract, expensive tho that will be . Can’t see major surgery b4 the summer . We’re in a tough place at the moment there is no doubt about that though…

It's frightening how bad performances have been lately that the last two games McGinty has probably been MOTM...

Even if we were to strengthen in January is Bullen going to get a tune out of them, probably not

I'm of the belief that if someone else was to come on in now you'd see improvements to a number of players in the squad, i'm not meaning changing them into ballon d'or quality 

Edited by Rb123

1 hour ago, Nelson said:

Senga had a positive 45 minutes in the first half up at Dunfermline but has otherwise done nothing,  I’m not sure what to make of Syla.  He appears incredibly limited, but it was astonishing how our midfield fell apart in the 2nd half against Queens Park after he went off.  Maybe he’s better than I think he is, or maybe the  alternatives are just even worse than I think.  I expect Young will go in January and Paul Smith probably needs to be loaned out ahead of his release in the Summer.

I still rate Dempsey, even if he hasn’t been great since the turn of the year - I can’t help wondering if he’d been carrying an injury for a while before his recent absence. 

On the best analysis, our existing options are far too similar with none of them doing much in the attacking third.  It’s basically all on Chalmers to set up the goals.  If he goes in January, then things could start to get really grim. (More grim).

Our rubbish season all comes down to the shocking recruitment in the summer. Mathie says Bullen has final say yet at the q&a I’m pretty sure bullen said he wanted full backs and he never got it. Since glendinning started, out of all the players we have signed (which has been quite a lot) only a handful have been successful. Recruitment in football is not an easy task, however when McCall was manager, pretty sure we had far more success with signings. 

Performances have been turgid for the entirety of Bullen’s time here. Not just the last few months. Mediocre, dreary pish week in week out. Even last season when Akinyemi was singlehandedly scudding teams we were still howling. All of it brought into sharper relief by the boosterism of Mathie and Bullen, practically telling us to eat shit and like it. 

The recruitment is shocking. Relying on no mark non entities from English Sunday leagues isn’t it. We can’t give this lot another transfer window to dig us deeper into the mire. Surely the board must see this. 

43 minutes ago, Rossco500 said:

Our rubbish season all comes down to the shocking recruitment in the summer. Mathie says Bullen has final say yet at the q&a I’m pretty sure bullen said he wanted full backs and he never got it. Since glendinning started, out of all the players we have signed (which has been quite a lot) only a handful have been successful. Recruitment in football is not an easy task, however when McCall was manager, pretty sure we had far more success with signings. 

Bullen got a right back which he would’ve had a say in. He’s been rotten. That’s a collective effort in signing him.

As I said earlier on in the thread I think we would’ve strengthened in other areas had we not had to replace Murdoch and Dempsey. 

As you say though we had a better success ratio with McCall and we were most likely spending less money. The club seem unwilling to pay the premium required to get players that have experience at this level (because we are in direct competition with other teams in this league) which is a decision they’ve taken and I can understand that but it means that you’re going to be fishing in a pond where you’re getting players who are going to take longer to bed in or simply don’t adapt whatsoever. 

Even if we didn’t have to replace Murdoch and Dempsey, I still doubt that Bullen and Mathie would’ve brought in the quality necessary in the full back positions. Between them they are so poor at spotting a player.
 We’d have ended up with some guy who was tearing up the Isthmian league…

6 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Even if we didn’t have to replace Murdoch and Dempsey, I still doubt that Bullen and Mathie would’ve brought in the quality necessary in the full back positions. Between them they are so poor at spotting a player.
 We’d have ended up with some guy who was tearing up the Isthmian league…

My Grandpa could tear up the Isthmian League, and he had one leg and is dead.