The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

My thoughts were that Albinson had been dropped following the scrappy goal we gave away at Dundee United.  In his defence, there was almost a gale blowing across the pitch where us away fans were and also rain.  I vaguely remember a few fans on here saying that he was not playing well this season.  Whether or not he deserved to be dropped is another matter though.

I also wonder whether this is part of the strategy where LB  wanted competition for every position that he has talked about in the past. ?  

The rumour mill on faceache is that Albinson was dropped due to a falling out with Bullen post match against Dundee United. I may be reading too much into it. However, Bullen did say in the post match interview yesterday that sometimes things are said in the heat of the moment that aren't helpful. I wonder if that is a nod to Charlie getting the gloves against Inverness. 

I'm sure there was an injury to Albinson, it was one of the few injuries the club actually mentioned somewhere

Why he hasn't been brought back yet is anyones guess

9 hours ago, railwayend said:

Rumours are a dressing room clash with Bullen . 

There have been rumours of bust ups in the dressing room since the young lad got on his toes at the start of the season. Our form has altered several times since then. Not sure 'dressing room breakdown' can be used as the reason for our current malaise without further info 

I'm sure Albinson wasn't happy at being dropped and may have voiced his frustrations but for me he was dropped purely on form. The clanger at Dundee United wasn't the first one he's had this season and I'm sure Bullen wanted to see what he has in Mutch. Is Albinson a better keeper than Mutch? Yes. Did he give Bullen an opportunity to drop him? Also, yes. Is it time for Charlie to be back in the starting eleven? Definitely yes!

15 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

My thoughts were that Albinson had been dropped following the scrappy goal we gave away at Dundee United.  In his defence, there was almost a gale blowing across the pitch where us away fans were and also rain.  I vaguely remember a few fans on here saying that he was not playing well this season.  Whether or not he deserved to be dropped is another matter though.

I also wonder whether this is part of the strategy where LB  wanted competition for every position that he has talked about in the past. ?  

Albinson can’t be blamed for that goal, it was heading for his chest until the person on the post managed to head it straight down and behind him for some reason and Albinson managed to turn it on to the post before Bryden tried to clear it and put it in.

Unless Albinson never made a shout, it was definitely a f**k up by the person on the front post. 

49 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Unless there is a good reason for Albinson not playing, dropping him is just cutting off one's nose to spite one's face. 

Aye him and Bullen had an apparent bust up after the Dundee United game.

Albinson's form has dipped post Timmins. There is no doubt about that. He seems like a different goalie at times.

That being said Mutch is fucking hopeless. I've never seen the guy make an actual save and gone wow. Whereas with Charlie that happens frequently.

Mutch is nowhere near Championship level. It's just more evidence that Bullen doesn't actually have a clue.

38 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

No thanks - he is a huge part of the present shitshow. 

Entirely different situation to come in from assistant, as opposed to just coming in from the outside of it all. 

How involved is he though?

We see him on match days but he’s still head of the academy so he’s not going to be involved full time through the week.

Just now, eez-eh said:

How involved is he though?

We see him on match days but he’s still head of the academy so he’s not going to be involved full time through the week.

No idea, but it would be pretty fucking wild if our coaching team didn’t attend training. 

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

No idea, but it would be pretty fucking wild if our coaching team didn’t attend training. 

Whether he’s there or not, he’s splitting his time between academy and first team. He’s not an “assistant” in the usual sense. I don’t think Bullen actually has an assistant, he’s 52 remember.

Edited by eez-eh

Just now, eez-eh said:

Whether he’s there or not, he’s splitting his time between academy and first team. He’s not an “assistant” in the usual sense. I don’t think Lee actually has an assistent.

Bullen is 52 years old and doesn't need an assistant. I don't know if you knew that?

Just now, eez-eh said:

Whether he’s there or not, he’s splitting his time between academy and first team. He’s not an “assistant” in the usual sense. I don’t think Lee actually has an assistent.

Doesnt need one, he's 52

Just now, Trogdor said:

Bullen is 52 years old and doesn't need an assistant. I don't know if you knew that?

Just now, mugen_power said:

Doesnt need one, he's 52

Beat me to my edit 😆