The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, No_Problemo said:

The people on the Twitter post that are unhappy about it, I’m terrified to think what their sacking point would actually be!

Brian Pettigrew probably was just happy the manager was white.  

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The people on the Twitter post that are unhappy about it, I’m terrified to think what their sacking point would actually be!

Unless it’s a personal level, I work with folk I like, they are nice people but they are fucking hopeless at their work. I’d be sad to see them go but from a business point of view, they should be emptied. Half of them were probably bought a pint by him In the hub and saw him as a good guy. 

Some folk, like Wattoo couldn’t see past us finishing second without acknowledging the bigger picture. There didn’t seem to be a recovery unless we signed a 30 goal a season forward to dig him out a hole. 

I really dislike the rhetoric from some of the dafties in our support.

"What to supporters expect?"

"We're not a big club"

"Expectations from some are ridiculous"

"Some folk seem to forget where we were"

The idea that because we are a small club that has had darker days than this, we should just accept runs of 1 win in 11? From our last 45 home league games we've won 14.

We've been awful to watch for a lot longer than just this season - but not to worry, that's just the way it is. Gees a break.

The next appointment simply has to get things going.

13 minutes ago, pogo1910 said:

In terms of abuse some of it was cringy as f**k tho, bald gillet man for example  

I'm not sure that would be considered abuse. The fact it was ridiculous was (I thought) the whole point.

10 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Brian Pettigrew probably was just happy the manager was white.  

I remember being on a supporters bus during the Reid era and someone was showing off their new Lock Screen picture of Klan members with the Ayr badge superimposed on their cloaks and the words Ayr United & The KKK white power. 

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

I’d love for it to be McCall but it won’t happen. He’d have an aneurysm when Mathie explained our recruitment “process” to him.

IMG-20160525-WA0006.jpg

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

I remember being on a supporters bus during the Reid era and someone was showing off their new Lock Screen picture of Klan members with the Ayr badge superimposed on their cloaks and the words Ayr United & The KKK white power. 

happy-confused.gif.74c968b2f7045edd6bd3430082b84985.gif.09df9f3545930f415c4dbbf2a650945e.gif

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

Just now, Passionate said:

Do you guys think McGeady could back himself into the job,  The high wage does nothing mantra sometimes ends that way...

I am still putting my money on McCall

He could be given the match on Saturday and the match on Tuesday while the recruitment process is underway to see if he has the minerals to take it full time. 

Pretty sure the abuse being referred to is e.g. people accosting him in the street, and not mocking his body warmer on a forum. BGM is an objectively funny nickname anyway.

7 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I’d love for it to be McCall but it won’t happen. He’d have an aneurysm when Mathie explained our recruitment “process” to him.

Would genuinely love to know where people get this idea that Glendinning is some sort of shadowy Jorge Mendes character who has the club wrapped around his little finger for the sinister purpose of getting wingers from Rushden & Diamonds a two year contract in the Scottish Championship.

Just now, Thumper said:

Would genuinely love to know where people get this idea that Glendinning is some sort of shadowy Jorge Mendes character who has the club wrapped around his little finger for the sinister purpose of getting wingers from Rushden & Diamonds a two year contract in the Scottish Championship.

That’s a heck of a leap from what I said but ok.

I take a men’s mental health group in Monday in Ayr. I was also asked to appear in the video last year we put out along with Morton. Hurling constant abuse by whatever means , private contact or on the terraces , does have an affect on those you direct it at. 
Players , particularly young ones will always be on social media. I know from the group I take , one guy was getting abuse via various platforms from an individual to the point where he nearly took his own life. 
We all love our club , we are all passionate about our team BUT before your decide to tell players , managers what you think of them just think about the affect it may have them. 
Good luck Lee Bullen and thanks for your efforts unfortunately it was time for you to go. 

Just made the mistake of venturing onto Facebook.

'Hopefully the Bullen haters are happy now' etc etc.

Some people are so utterly moronic. In football, there comes a time when a managerial change is needed and that time is now. Voicing this opinion doesn't equate to being a 'Bullen hater' nor does it constitute 'abuse'. I'm sure there has been some abuse that was too far, however I agree that it was far more toxic at the end of Hopkin's reign. What I've seen recently was pure apathy and boredom.

As others have said, I would love to know exactly what depths we need to plumb in this division before these people realise that Bullen's time was up. 

For what it's worth I think Dodds is the most likely choice if they don't go with an interim. Not exactly inspiring, but at the same time it's not John Hughes and thus immediate guarateed relegation.