The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, AuAl said:

I really dislike the rhetoric from some of the dafties in our support.

"What to supporters expect?"

"We're not a big club"

"Expectations from some are ridiculous"

"Some folk seem to forget where we were"

The idea that because we are a small club that has had darker days than this, we should just accept runs of 1 win in 11? From our last 45 home league games we've won 14.

We've been awful to watch for a lot longer than just this season - but not to worry, that's just the way it is. Gees a break.

The next appointment simply has to get things going.

#weeayrunited

As I said before the lack of ambition from some within the support is baffling.

12 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Bullen ran out of runway , the one win in 11 does for any manager . The man was one missed penalty away from Hampden and a good window at Christmas away from a right crack at the title . That was all last season, so thanks for that Lee . This season , sitting 9th in January was too far in the wrong direction . Back to your family in England and take a good break .

For some of the turnips on here , some I’d guess are young some not so , time to have a look in the mirror at your own performance over the last 12 months or so . 

A new guy will be here soon , some will be pleased with him some won’t . Hopefully the “won’ts” will give him a break and back the guy all the way until he either leaves for a better job or the one in eleven returns.

We’re in a dog fight for our championship survival , time to bury the hatchet, stop the Bullen , Mathie , Smith narrative and back the team , coach , MD and owner all the way to May . Never out the fight !

But it wasn’t though. It’s not as a result of 1 win in 11 that folk weren’t happy about, it was the 5 home wins in a year, it was the dreadful football, it was being clueless for months and not being able to fix it. It was about being completely transparent to opposition teams, it was an 8 nil booting in the biggest games in the clubs recent history. 

If you are asking folk to ignore all that you are wanting the club to sleepwalk in to a worse position than we are already in. 

9th place, barely having a shot on target never mind scoring goals and a defence that gives the opposition a 2 goal start didn’t fall from the sky this week. 

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Unless someone beats me to it, the thread will be up about 7pm or so tonight! Swamped at work, unfortunately.

No worries, it is not official unless you do it.

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

#weeayrunited

As I said before the lack of ambition from some within the support is baffling.

Particularly enjoying reading comments from people who have clearly been watching different games this season. 

I think he warranted keeping his job after the playoffs on the condition that showed some signs of progress in terms of playing style and recruitment. I think the thing that’s killed him off is his lack of experience and not knowing how to turn results around. The players we have look clueless and lacking in confidence. Lee Bullen was not going to improve the situation. 

I don’t think he’s a bad guy and I feel sort of similar to when Kerr was sacked. A guy who bought into the club and wanted to do well for Ayr but unfortunately had taken us as far as he could. 

13 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Lee Bullen was ahead of his time. 10-15 years from now he will be remembered as one of the all-time greatest Ayr United managers.

Would anyone have guessed George Burley’s career trajectory after being sacked by Ayr???

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Unless someone beats me to it, the thread will be up about 7pm or so tonight! Swamped at work, unfortunately.

Yeah, patch that. Thread is up:

You know you've made the bin fire of shit shows when the main football section of the BBC website is saying it was "vile abuse" of Bullen and the club condemning it.

I don't go to away games all that often but go to all the home games and I never heard anything untoward or OTT beyond regular football chants. Seems to me that the club are deflecting failures of Mathie and Bullen onto the fans and making us all look like knuckle dragging morons 

2 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Would anyone have guessed George Burley’s career trajectory after being sacked by Ayr???

Burley’s biggest issues were, the club was skint after MacLeod spent a fortune on duds and the fact he didn’t have the same personality as MacLeod, he sounded almost apologetic at times. A bit like Kerr.

He also wasn’t helped by Stainrod coming in and slagging everything about him in a sheer lack of class. 

Burley always had something about him that Bullen doesn’t. 

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Mathie and Smith are probably too emotionally attached to Bullen as like is quoted, he was a good ambassador. The problem was he wasn’t a particularly good manager/head coach to go with it. To have any sort of grievance with fans who are not happy with being 9th and not happy with the results is a bit mad. Just waiting on @ayrunitedfw creaming for Neil McCann. 

I’ve hoped off the McCann mega train and am now on the Bowyer #premiershipready promotion bus. 

33 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Bullen ran out of runway , the one win in 11 does for any manager . The man was one missed penalty away from Hampden and a good window at Christmas away from a right crack at the title . That was all last season, so thanks for that Lee . This season , sitting 9th in January was too far in the wrong direction . Back to your family in England and take a good break .

For some of the turnips on here , some I’d guess are young some not so , time to have a look in the mirror at your own performance over the last 12 months or so . 

A new guy will be here soon , some will be pleased with him some won’t . Hopefully the “won’ts” will give him a break and back the guy all the way until he either leaves for a better job or the one in eleven returns.

We’re in a dog fight for our championship survival , time to bury the hatchet, stop the Bullen , Mathie , Smith narrative and back the team , coach , MD and owner all the way to May . Never out the fight !

Resulting to calling people online turnips. Have a wee lie down mate. 

40 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Fascinated by the notion that it is absolutely forbidden to criticise a manager until a designated True Fan stands up and gives permission, and the yardstick for that is picking up seven points in three months.

15 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

You know you've made the bin fire of shit shows when the main football section of the BBC website is saying it was "vile abuse" of Bullen and the club condemning it.

I don't go to away games all that often but go to all the home games and I never heard anything untoward or OTT beyond regular football chants. Seems to me that the club are deflecting failures of Mathie and Bullen onto the fans and making us all look like knuckle dragging morons 

It's utterly bizarre they've decided to go down that route and make it sound like the fans have hounded out a good manager and person - every media outlet leading with that now.   That's hardly going to encourage applications unless that's the plan all along - give it internally to McGeady or something as we couldn't attract any outside interest due to how bad the fans are.  

Edited by Hursty

Would say that's a good statement by Smith tbf, not just your usual 2 line copy and paste shite that club's put out usually when a manager leaves.

Not sure whether to look into this too much or not but interesting there's nothing on there from Mathie...

1 minute ago, Rb123 said:

Would say that's a good statement by Smith tbf, not just your usual 2 line copy and paste shite that club's put out usually when a manager leaves.

Not sure whether to look into this too much or not but interesting there's nothing on there from Mathie...

How do you know that statement was written by smith and not Mathie?

48 minutes ago, railwayend said:

ill i feel sick GIF

I for one can not believe that the club has made a c**t of the announcement of Bullens sacking and implicated the support in it. 

They normally do so well with these things. 

Edited by diegomarahenry

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

It's utterly bizarre they've decided to go down that route and make it sound like the fans have hounded out a good manager and person - every media outlet leading with that now.   That's hardly going to encourage applications

I doubt this was the club's intention tbf. What's happened is that the press have chosen to lead with it because it's the only interesting portion of the statement. Maybe that's a lesson to the board to stop treating their own fans like criminals (like roughly one in three articles on the club website do). Maybe the real target wasn't Bullen but the owner (who has already been established as not a great fan of online criticism). At any rate, it's unlikely to really dissuade applicants - any who have been to Somerset this season know that apathy is a bigger problem than anger, and football managers in general are hardly going to mistake Ayr United for Galatasaray.