The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

I genuinely can't understand people wanting a rookie manager when we're in the shit. League one here we come.

If brainlets like Hopkin and Bullen can keep Ayr up any rookie can. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but did McGeady not say he was calling around clubs in the summer trying to get loans in? if thats the case it's not just Mathie and Glendinng dealing with transfers, would be utter madness not to have the head coach/manager have at least some say in recruitment.

If the head coach hasn't got the final say on player transfers then I'm tending towards the Mathie & Glendinning out camp.

I really don't see how on a practical level that can work. It undermines the head coach's authority. 

Do we know for certain that is the recruitment model? Its fucking mental if it is.

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but did McGeady not say he was calling around clubs in the summer trying to get loans in? if thats the case it's not just Mathie and Glendinng dealing with transfers, would be utter madness not to have the head coach/manager have at least some say in recruitment.

No.  

McGeady is in charge of our players who are out on loan.  Checking in on them etc. 

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

It's almost as if, as usual, people who left school at 16 and 40 years later are becoming the Unabomber through Facebook posts are somewhat misinformed as to the current state of Ayr United Football Club!

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

If the head coach hasn't got the final say on player transfers then I'm tending towards the Mathie & Glendinning out camp.

I really don't see how on a practical level that can work. It undermines the head coach's authority. 

Do we know for certain that is the recruitment model? Its fucking mental if it is.

The head coach does have the final say on targets, Bullen did and I don't see why that would change.  

Contracts then obviously need to be negotiated by Mathie.  

I feel like we need to have a pinned post in this thread that outlines the recruitment process and McGeady's role as this needs cleared up every other week. 

Just now, itzdrk said:

The head coach does have the final say on targets, Bullen did and I don't see why that would change.  

Contracts then obviously need to be negotiated by Mathie.  

Thanks for that.

I don't think that's too bad then.

I think that is workable then even for a more experienced manager rather than head coach.

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Finlay posted something earlier makes me think that some people itk aren’t right. He deleted it quickly so let’s see what happens 

👀

6 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Finlay posted something earlier makes me think that some people itk aren’t right. He deleted it quickly so let’s see what happens 

You tease!

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Thanks for that.

I don't think that's too bad then.

I think that is workable then even for a more experienced manager rather than head coach.

Yeah, without going back and watching it to when it was explained in Mathie's 3 days of videoes to try placate folk earlier in the season.  

• Head of recruitment is out looking for players - they've had a meeting and agreed what kind of things they are looking for.  
  • Results are fed back (this bit is unclear). 
  • 'Recruitment team' are then having a meeting to decide which of the targets they should be pursuing, head coach picking his targets.  
  • MD neogitating transfer/contract.  

Its really uncontroversial stuff but folk want to make out that Mathie is up in some ivory tower signing guys and the coach has to play them.  

Where it falls down so far is either Bullen was an idiot (correct) and/or Glendinning is an idiot (we will find out before long).  

8 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Is he getting the job?  About the only guy not on the McBookie list.  

Just now, No_Problemo said:

McGeady was trying to use his contacts to get us a loan player when we were desperately searching for centre mids. It isn’t his role, but he was a part of bringing Senga in. 

I recall McGeady saying that as well. Can't remember if it was during one of his podcast appearances or on an official club media thing but he certainly said that. 

11 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I feel like we need to have a pinned post in this thread that outlines the recruitment process and McGeady's role as this needs cleared up every other week. 

Also Smith, Mathie, Glendinning, Davie White, Voice of Reason, and the one random guy on Facebook who predicted Bullen's departure.