The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Jack Sanders

Happy with that. From memory he scored in the 3-1 game at Somerset and had a good half season at Cove last season. 

Hope he isn't on Twitter based on the replies so far calling him a c**t etc 

Its not the first time we've loaned from up the road, extra body to cover for McGinty & Stanger, Musonda might not be back for a couple of weeks

Edited by diege

We needed a centre back. We currently have McGinty who is fine, Stanger who has been struggling and Musonda who looks disinterested. McAllister can cover there but is a genuine League 1 standard player at the best of times. 

5 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Hope he isn't on Twitter based on the replies so far calling him a c**t etc 

It’s the usual fuds anyway so not surprised.

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

@CoveRangers1922 Talk to us

What a collusus of a centre back, great loan signing. 

He was outstanding for us; strong in air, physical and can bully forwards, knows his position and has a decent turn of pace for his size.

Will he partner McGinty with Stanger dropping to the bench?

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Wonder if Stanger might move to right back if he’s been there before. 

I didn’t think of this but it could be a decent shout. 

Better defender, more pace and batter on the ball and at driving out than McAllister. Also seems to have recovered from a dodgy few weeks after his injury. 

Good signing for you. I honestly reckon he will be your best centre half for rest of season

No shame in not getting in our team with Mayo/Deas/Findlay/Wright/Ndaba in centre defence

Decent signing for you, surprised we gave him another year only because Del obviously doesn't fancy him at this level but certainly won't look out of place in the Championship. There is definitely a player in there if he can cut out the odd brain fart that earns a stupid card.

Just now, kilMARKnock said:

Decent signing for you, surprised we gave him another year only because Del obviously doesn't fancy him at this level but certainly won't look out of place in the Championship. There is definitely a player in there if he can cut out the odd brain fart that earns a stupid card.

He's came to the right place then if he likes a brain fart.

Hopefully if he does well we’re in a good position to get him permanently and move on Musonda. I’m impressed at how quickly Brown has moved to get someone in so I hope another couple follow next week. 

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

Odd signing. Centre back is he not? The one area of defence that was pretty well covered with Frankie coming back 

Frankie injury record isn’t great so if he was to get injured we’d be down to just having McGinty and Stanger. Sensible signing imo. Ideally we’ll sign at least 1 fullback too. 

People are still expecting the same Musonda of last August to September to come and appear. It ain’t happening. Since he came back from injury last year he’s been pretty poor and I’m surprised he’s gotten away with his poor form until now. 

Happy at that for a start, Brown knows his main objective is to make us safe short term so it's smart to shore us up at the back, yes we have had 3 clean sheets in a row but it's 2 against Arbroath and and one against Kelty male us secure at the back and I'm sure Chalmers and co can make chances, looking forward to so more attacking minded players coming in next week.