The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, No_Problemo said:

We’ll be looking for an emergency loan then I imagine…

I would think so... I'd be surprised to see Mutch for a wee bit. His arm literally popped out the socket when the physio had him up. 

Just now, muZZa__44 said:

either that or recall either of Ollie or Derren (thou more likely we'll bring in an emergency loan)

Can’t now I don’t think. Joe Morrison from Celtic who’s highly rated and local I reckon could be a shout with Brown in charge. 

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I would think so... I'd be surprised to see Mutch for a wee bit. His arm literally popped out the socket when the physio had him up. 

Time for Charlie to step up and regain his form then…

Aye I felt for Mutch, did well to make the initial save and rushed back across to try and block the second effort, despite having dislocated his shoulder.

At first it seemed like his shoulder was back in, then when the physio stood him up it very clearly popped again. 

Felt we saw the game out very very well after that. Charlie didn't really have anything to do at all. 

6 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Aye I felt for Mutch, did well to make the initial save and rushed back across to try and block the second effort, despite having dislocated his shoulder.

At first it seemed like his shoulder was back in, then when the physio stood him up it very clearly popped again. 

Felt we saw the game out very very well after that. Charlie didn't really have anything to do at all. 

Winced when I saw it pop out after the physio. 

Thought McGinty was fantastic today, very solid presence in a less-than secure defence.

Some good play at times today, some ropey too but Broony definitely having an effect. 3 fine points gained.

Good to have a bit more crowd atmosphere too. 

Unfortunate for Mutch and I’m by no means a GK coach but felt he was far too far over to the left at the goal which resulted in an overstretch for the ball.

By no means writing him off but at this moment in time, I don’t think starting Tomlinson solves any issues at full back. Much better at attacking but really really poor defensively. Keep him for the future.

McGinty was outstanding and I was pleased with Sanders and Musonda when brought on. Overall I’d be happy for Mutch to keep his place if he was fit.

Brown clearly has an idea of what he is doing and a bit of common sense which at our level is all you can ask of a manager.

Really get the impression McGinty is relishing being a leader on the pitch under Brown at the moment. 

Don't get me wrong, McGinty always treated the captaincy properly, even when his playing form took dips - but I've really enjoyed watching him command our box in recent weeks. It's great to see.

Edited by AUcal

McGinty was definitely enjoying himself today, really enjoyed seeing him feeding off the crowd. There was one point where he headed the ball away with such ferocity that I'd not have been surprised if the ball burst. 

Tomlinson's transition to full back/wing back won't happen over night and there's going to be some mistakes along with way.  He did well going forward but the defensive awareness will develop over time. 

Also, delighted for Dowds. He works incredibly hard every week and must have been frustrated that he hadn't scored for a while. Hopefully this starts a wee run of goals! 

7 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Boo, I liked the tables they had! Always tried to bag a seat at the Stevo or Shankland one when I was in 🤣

Don’t worry they will be back out on Monday , those tables are only in for tonight’s Burns Supper as guys sitting in those high chairs with kilts on would likely put you off your dinner 😃

12 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Reckon next game have  Stanger at RB, Chalmers for Bryden and then I would give Willoughby a start ahead of McKenzie (and obviously start Albinson)

That's 3 times I've seen Willoughby come on and I can't remember him touching the ball. Maybe the start would give him the minutes to contribute,  but mckenzie has been decent up until today.

5 minutes ago, Only me... said:

That's 3 times I've seen Willoughby come on and I can't remember him touching the ball. Maybe the start would give him the minutes to contribute,  but mckenzie has been decent up until today.

It is a bit harsh I won’t lie and I do like McKenzie but I am curious to see what Willoughby could offer same with McHugh but I can’t see him getting a start barring an injury

2 hours ago, edinburghhonestman said:

I thought that was a decent performance from us. Great hat trick from Dowds, McGinty was excellent and the general shape when Airdrie had the ball was good and made it hard to play through us.

What l didn't like was how narrow the full backs defended. That's clearly coached, but I prefer to see them wider, particularly if the opposition are going to hug the line 

Tomlinson made a mistake for the first goal but hopefully he'll learn from that as he offers a lot going forward. 

I didn't think it was a free kick for Airdrie's second but we managed the last few minutes really well. Clearly Brown is having an impact as before we'd tend to sit back.

We'd sit back and Bullen would sub all the attackers for defensive players. 

1 hour ago, AUcal said:

Really get the impression McGinty is relishing being a leader on the pitch under Brown at the moment. 

Don't get me wrong, McGinty always treated the captaincy properly, even when his playing form took dips - but I've really enjoyed watching him command our box in recent weeks. It's great to see.

Thought it'd be 50/50 as to whether McGinty would survive under someone like Brown 

6 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

It is a bit harsh I won’t lie and I do like McKenzie but I am curious to see what Willoughby could offer same with McHugh but I can’t see him getting a start barring an injury

It's always the problem with loanees though, they are always on loan as they are not up to scratch at parent clubs, and hoped they will improve with gametime elsewhere, when we need bodies that can hit the ground running.   I thought McHugh looked decent in the few minutes he has played so far.