The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I like Albinson but he’s been chucking them in all season long.

I don’t know why anyone would be annoyed at him getting dropped. Unless you’re just looking for another reason to moan.

I just watched the highlights and I’m finding some of the comments on twitter and elsewhere around Brown making a mistake bringing the keeper in to start incredibly strange - he seems to have done nothing wrong while pulling off a couple of decent saves. 

4 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I like Albinson but he’s been chucking them in all season long.

I don’t know why anyone would be annoyed at him getting dropped. Unless you’re just looking for another reason to moan.

Even if he has been chucking them in all season. Getting dropped for a 19 year old loanee the morning of a game, when the defence is makeshift, and there's a game on Tuesday which you can play him, is still a big ooft.

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I just watched the highlights and I’m finding some of the comments on twitter and elsewhere around Brown making a mistake bringing the keeper in to start incredibly strange - he seems to have done nothing wrong while pulling off a couple of decent saves. 

I was actually quite impressed with his composure as well. Think on one occasion he played a shite pass to Syla who struggled to control it and then gave it away which resulted in a free kick and booking for Dempsey but all in all he seemed okay. 

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Aye. Most of The gripes I’ve read  about him are about him not shouting enough. He’s 19 and got drafted in today to take the place of the established goalie. Maybe nerves got the better of him in that department. But he was otherwise pretty good. He looked confident enough to take the ball and make the smart pass as opposed to just hoofing it.

It was Sanders in front of him that was the bombscare. 

9 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Aye. Most of The gripes I’ve read  about him are about him not shouting enough. He’s 19 and got drafted in today to take the place of the established goalie. Maybe nerves got the better of him in that department. But he was otherwise pretty good. He looked confident enough to take the ball and make the smart pass as opposed to just hoofing it.

I don't blame the keeper, I blame the decision to play him in a game where we had a makeshift defence and he'd played one senior game before. 

Tomlinson last week and Clarke this week have been errors we could have been avoided. 

16 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

I don't really remember Ross Doohan shouting and he's probably our best goalie in recent times. Sinisalo was pretty good as well, wasn't much of a shouter either tbh.

Edit - I should add that I'm a big fan of Albinson and haven't seen the highlights from today.

Edited by Trogdor

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I don't blame the keeper, I blame the decision to play him in a game where we had a makeshift defence and he'd played one senior game before. 

Tomlinson last week and Clarke this week have been errors we could have been avoided. 

Fair. I agree that brown should’ve played albinson. f**k knows why he did it. 

If you want an indication of how wrong we got our recruitment in the summer and January you just have to look at Raiths bench from today. At least 5 of them would walk into our starting 11. Euan Murray who was injured would also do the same. 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If you want an indication of how wrong we got our recruitment in the summer and January you just have to look at Raiths bench from today. At least 5 of them would walk into our starting 11. Euan Murray who was injured would also do the same. 

We all know the recruitment is cunted.... This season has been about survival since September.... My only concern going forward is Marthie/gold-digga overpowering broony and us ending up with.more utter dross based on some sort of football A.I. algorithm only known to aufc..... 

8 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Given Albinson chucked two in on his last appearance and  the keeper did nothing wrong, I’m not sure how it was an error though?

In my opinion the whole Albinson problem stems from being dropped by Bullen for having a poor run of form.

He's a goalie in the Scottish championship, he's going to make mistakes. Benching him just destroyed his confidence, he should have stuck by him through it.

We now seem to have lost a guy who was arguably the best keeper in the league last season due to insane decision making by Bullen. Unreal.

23 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Given Albinson chucked two in on his last appearance and  the keeper did nothing wrong, I’m not sure how it was an error though?

The keeper never shouted once during the first two goals. You need a keeper to keep the defence in order. There is every chance he didn't know their names

22 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Not the forgetting the game before at tannadice when he flapped his wings instead of knocking the ball away, and cost us the game. Makes some cracking saves over the other 80 minutes though. 

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The keeper never shouted once during the first two goals. You need a keeper to keep the defence in order. There is every chance he didn't know their names

I don’t really see what he needs to shout at the goals in the split second as the cross is coming in that would be of value and make any difference to the outcome tbh. 

Feels very much like trying to find errors that aren’t really there. Charlie chucked two in last game, but the new guy shouldn’t have played because he didn’t shout twice… 

It really depends on the keeper, if you have an experienced once then they will organise the defence more - particularly if they are younger.  We had three experienced guys in defence, including our club captain. I would be expecting them to organise themselves. 

5 minutes ago, Only me... said:

That figure is not including the ibrox refugees booing Mcgeady coming on up the back of the SRE. Zombies don't count. 

Aye. I'm not overly enthused when McGeady enters the fray but booing your own player as they come onto the field is just bizarre. Utter oxygen thiefs.