The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I think I would commit an Israeli style genocide if both Reading and McCalister got new contracts, they are minging and need to go :lol:

I'm on that hill with you.

Reading has been much improved, I'll concede that but I do think it's partly because a lot of teams attack us on their left (our right) because of how catastrophically bad Nicholas McAllister is at right back.

i know Willoughby's contract at oldham isn't up till 2025 so would if we we were to want to bring him in would have to pay or see if Oldham just release him, McHugh can't find anything but seeming as he signed his first pro contract at 2021 can imagine it may be a case of it expires this season, Rose is signed on for next season so would have to mutually terminate his deal or hope someone buys him

16 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

You're then looking for 4 full backs which I just can't see happening.  Chance Watret may be up to rotation/backup role, but even 3 new full backs seems a lot to ask for. 

If pushed to keep one I would concede on keeping McCalister as he can play more than one position but only if he is emergency backup. But I don't think you keep bad players just because though. 

The main thing is we can't continue with full backs (or I think Brown hinted to wing backs going forward) who can neither attack nor defend.  

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Last days of domestic loans today, aye? We expecting any Thursday excitement? 🤣

Brown suggested in passing during his interview with Callum that we were trying to get 'players' in so I'm expecting something.  

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Brown suggested in passing during his interview with Callum that we were trying to get 'players' in so I'm expecting something.  

I think it’ll depend on the seriousness of Readings injury. If he’s out for any length of time then a left back needs to come in. 

Not really sure where else needs immediate attention that can’t wait until the summer. 

1 hour ago, muZZa__44 said:

personally i would like to see Jenkins and Viviani to feature next season thou i think there contracts are both up this summer so all depends on if Brown see's anything in them, also got Feirns who's out on loan At Dalry, would probably keep him assuming theres a chance Ollie gets a potential big move, personally i would keep on Murdoch as when he was playing this season he looked good (thou would only offer a one year deal to see if he can absolutley still go) and same with Musonda i still think he's too good to just let go agree with rest thou

Murdoch's only played half a league game this season and we got pumped. Great player on his day but i think he's done now sadly.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

If pushed to keep one I would concede on keeping McCalister as he can play more than one position but only if he is emergency backup. But I don't think you keep bad players just because though. 

The main thing is we can't continue with full backs (or I think Brown hinted to wing backs going forward) who can neither attack nor defend.  

I do understand that, only thing is we needed 2 last summer and got one, then needed 1 in January and none (so far). So my only query is with the same guys doing recruitment behind the scenes is are they even capable of getting 2 in the same window, never mind having to get a minimum of 3, 2 starters and maybe 1 to cover the 2. In an ideal world we don’t have either, but I just don’t see it.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Robbie Fraser is a young left back at Rangers and is also their under 20s captain. Contract expires in the summer as well so could be an option if Reading is out.

Yep I’m imagine it’s going to be him if anyone 

15 hours ago, muZZa__44 said:

if Albinson goes it's likely back to England to sign for someone in the national league

He's likely to feature at half time trying to save the kids shots at oor boabys Big Halftime Show. Will probably still get his name pronounced incorrectly. 

27 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Murdoch's only played half a league game this season and we got pumped. Great player on his day but i think he's done now sadly.

I don’t think that’s a basis for saying he is done though! We wont have any idea until he is back training and playing really.

On McAllister, I’m okay with him staying if he is a squad option only. Saying that - I think we should be utilising Watret as our back up RB as we don’t want to block his pathway so it probably makes sense to let Nick leave. If Brown thinks Watret needs another year on loan, then keep him. 

I’m torn on Paddy, I think he has looked good under Brown so it is a shame that he got injured. He was obviously absolutely  abysmal last season though.

24 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

On McAllister, I’m okay with him staying if he is a squad option only. Saying that - I think we should be utilising Watret as our back up RB as we don’t want to block his pathway so it probably makes sense to let Nick leave. If Brown thinks Watret needs another year on loan, then keep him. 

I’m torn on Paddy, I think he has looked good under Brown so it is a shame that he got injured. He was obviously absolutely  abysmal last season though.

On the assumption we won't be able to get two new fullbacks for each flank, I'd keep Reading. He's shown more this season with a decent footballer in front of him and he's more capable than McAllister at going forward, which seems to be what Brown is looking for.

6 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Wonder if that was to do with the post the club put on last year about messages being sent to players/staff? Or if that was some other weirdo 

Edited by Thereisalight..