The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

16 minutes ago, Peil said:

Andy Weir, also popped up in an episode of Still Game (spotty boy on the cinema desk). Occasionally credited as James on IMDB. Got his break in Braveheart as Young Hamish.

Last I heard he was out in US doing stuff. Nice fella.

Used to see him on the north terrace. Hope he’s doing well.

21 minutes ago, Peil said:

Andy Weir, also popped up in an episode of Still Game (spotty boy on the cinema desk). Occasionally credited as James on IMDB. Got his break in Braveheart as Young Hamish.

Haud the bus, spotty specky Simon was an Ayr fan? 

14 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Haud the bus, spotty specky Simon was an Ayr fan? 

The same wee guy? Jesus! I have a story about him that will never be told. I dated his next door neighbour. Side point, I was punching.

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Thanks.

Strange we didn’t try to get some game time into McGinley in particular. 

First team have  a closed door friendly against Motherwell on Thursday afternoon , he will play in that game I would think 

4 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

First team have  a closed door friendly against Motherwell on Thursday afternoon , he will play in that game I would think 

Ahh okay, good stuff!

The line up in that one will be interesting. 

1 hour ago, 1nickydevlin said:

He stays in NYC in the whiskey buisness. Prob reads this page aswell 😆 

Lives in NYC...probably got enough money to buy Davie Smith out, turn the hub into whisky bar and build a distillery on the car park :lol:

Side note, I hate NYC...Onthank even smells better

Big result for Airdrie tonight. This league is bonkers, I thought they were on the slide after we played them but if they win their game in hand their 4th

Edited by ecocme

Bit of keeping the heid needed over the next 18 days.  Think we will find ourselves 9th one way or the other by the next home game and there's not huge amounts we can do about it :lol:

Aye, by the time we next play we are going to be in a very ominous looking position. However, its a position we are capable of navigating our way out of with the run of games that we have coming up. We just need to show the more resilient performances we had for a while there.

I still think we'll be just about okay, but it'll be a slog for the last 9 games.

Edited by AUcal

37 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Bit of keeping the heid needed over the next 18 days.  Think we will find ourselves 9th one way or the other by the next home game and there's not huge amounts we can do about it :lol:

After tonights results, it keeps Dunfermline on the same points with no games in hand and Airdrie 3 points ahead, they don't play their game in hand until April so the league might look a lot different before then. It also keeps Morton close. 

On Saturday, Arbroath play Dundee United and Dunfermline are at Raith, The other two games will be teams round about us cutting each others throats. 

The following weekend, Dunfermline play Dundee United Queens park play Raith and the rest play each other. By the next home game, Thistle and Morton could be well in the mix. If Inverness win the next two, they would be 4 points ahead and we'd have a game in hand. it wouldn't be the end of the world as long as we stop fucking about. 

4 hours ago, Peil said:

I believe Andy Weir landed a job as some kinda marketing manager with one of the large whisky producers looking after North America.

That Airdrie result certainly puts our weekend efforts into some perspective.  It’s going to be a very long couple of months.  We definitely need to get out best players on the park though - that starting lineup on Saturday was horrific.  

If we do end up in relegation playoffs, letting Rose go to Hamilton on loan could be the best business we've done all year.  I do think we will muster a few wins together now though and push on.