The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

30 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m checking the team from now on before committing to going, I’m not paying £22 to watch Fraser Bryden attempt to play football. He offers absolutely nothing, so it’s impossible for Amartey to offer less

Afraid to say that's what I did today - opted for an amateur game instead.  There's just absolutely nothing to get excited about with watching us at home these days.   

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Well no, it’s blatantly down the injuries unless you’ve got the tinfoil hat on. 

It's possible that Ayr United have the worst sudden onset of snapped ankles in the league and that the club's policy of omerta on who is fit at any given time (recall that the number of unfit players in the squad five weeks ago was, per the manager's own words, zero) just makes this hard to deduce. But on the balance of things, the seeming ability for players to vanish from the team sheet entirely every other week has already happened far too often for this to 100% be the cause.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Well no, it’s blatantly down the injuries unless you’ve got the tinfoil hat on. 

Canny be injuries surely? Brown said everyone was fit in the pre match presser...

7 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Afraid to say that's what I did today - opted for an amateur game instead.  There's just absolutely nothing to get excited about with watching us at home these days.   

Can genuinely understand why people do this. I enjoy football much more when I don't remotely care about the outcome.

Watching Ayr United is a total chore and, as someone who tends to only go to home games, this season has been one of the worst I can remember. Watching third rate players gift the away team 3 points in the freezing cold. Cannot be arsed.

Edited by AyrTroopMajor

17 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You can’t praise Brown for getting a result last week with a makeshift team and then write him off this week when that same team loses. He’s making do with what was left to him and the fact he’s managed to get wins where Bullen wouldn’t have tells me that he at least has some idea of what to do but ultimately needs a summer to be judged. 

Absolutely fair to criticise some of his decisions today IMO. 

Murphy certainly didn’t look injured in the first half, and there isn’t any justification for continuing the Bryden experiment out wide. 

ETA, I obviously wouldn’t be writing him off - that would be lunacy but there are a couple of worrying things. 

Edited by No_Problemo

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Absolutely fair to criticise some of his decisions today IMO. 

Murphy certainly didn’t look injured in the first half, and there isn’t any justification for continuing the Bryden experiment out wide. 

"The Bryden experiment" sounds like some kind of shady CIA thing.

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

Could be a possible explanation for playing someone with absolutely zero qualities to be a wide player, as a wide player…

22 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Hilarious that Amarty got MOTM and was only playing for about 15 minutes 

I presume the match sponsor was either pissed or doesn't quite understand football..

Dowds the only one for pass marks over the whole game, held the ball up and nice couple of knock ons, shame he was surrounded by a team of complete donkeys today who couldn't make two passes, control a football without about 3 touches and look like they were running through treacle

6 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

It also sounds like the title of a Big Bang Theory episode.

10 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Lumii_20240323_180238150.jpg

Awful first half, how many times did Robson ping the ball to Longridge who was in acres of space? Should have been picked on after the first time. Second half was better but with Bryden and McKenzie there wasn't much created. A game that was crying out for Rose...sorry Willoughby 🙄

You can’t defy gravity forever.  We had 8/9 players on the park today who simply aren’t close to championship standard.  I’d keep Stanger, and while he’s not the player some people seem to think he is, Dowds is probably worth keeping.  I don’t think any manager would get too much more from such a poor group of players.  Only real criticism was continually playing out from the back through Sanders.  An accident waiting to happen.

Announcing Amartey as man of the match just felt a bit embarrassing to me.  Somerset Boab trying to be a comedian?  Doubt it will have gone down well with Brown whoever it was.

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

You can’t defy gravity forever.  We had 8/9 players on the park today who simply aren’t close to championship standard.  I’d keep Stanger, and while he’s not the player some people seem to think he is, Dowds is probably worth keeping.  I don’t think any manager would get too much more from such a poor group of players.  Only real criticism was continually playing out from the back through Sanders.  An accident waiting to happen.

Announcing Amartey as man of the match just felt a bit embarrassing to me.  Somerset Boab trying to be a comedian?  Doubt it will have gone down well with Brown whoever it was.

It was the sponsor who picked it and clearly did so to make a point that we were pish. I doubt Brown really cares that much. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

It was the sponsor who picked it and clearly did so to make a point that we were pish. I doubt Brown really cares that much. 

Wasn’t the sponsor who announced it though, I presume.  And I doubt anyone needed the point made that we were pish.  

I guess the only saving grace is we have Airdrie next and we seem to have the number of them this season.

Sooner the season is over the better, I go to games these days through blind stupidity rather than because I'm excited to go. If half the squad isn't emptied in the summer then we could have another season of  dugshite to watch 

What a turgid performance first half, some of the passing on display was relegation from league 2 standard.

2nd Half Sanders is an absolute bombscare on the ball f*ck knows what he was doing for their 2nd at least he got a goal.

McGeady coming on the pitch at all is utterly pointless let alone getting 45 minutes, so obviously done at this level. Amartey being MOTM sums it up but honestly I'd have struggled to find anyone who actually warranted it. At least Amartey tried forward runs and how McGeady gets subbed on before he does is baffling.

Also proof if anymore was needed that even as stadium announcer Somerset Jobby is astonishingly tinpot.

5 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Wasn’t the sponsor who announced it though, I presume.  And I doubt anyone needed the point made that we were pish.  

Was he just to not read it out even though it's read out every game? 

Needlessly giving folk stick is a waste of time and dilutes when it is actually deserved. 

It was the perfect MOTM as he was the one on the park the least. 

Edited by itzdrk

Just now, itzdrk said:

Was he just to not read it out even though it's read out every game? 

Needlessly giving folk stick is a waste of time and dilutes when it is actually deserved. 

It was the perfect MOTM as he was the one on the park the least. 

It’s far from the most pressing issue that’s for sure.  Each to their own.  I personally thought it was a bit tinpot and unprofessional, at a time when we were theoretically still in with a chance of salvaging a point.