The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I’m really not sure a footballer getting injured, is the same as someone being off sick from their work. 

They would still actually be in work as they would be doing rehab anyway. 

8 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

They can't legally disclose that information AFAIK.

Here was me thinking they just enjoyed winding folk up. 

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m really not sure a footballer getting injured, is the same as someone being off sick from their work. 

They would still actually be in work as they would be doing rehab anyway. 

A lot of conjecture there... you don't know. Rehab could be NHS, private, with the parent club or a handful of other things. The facts remain, nobody in the country needs to disclose their medical information, regardless of profession, to the public.

As I've said, I fully understand the frustration caused to us ALL by the Stazi style blackout, but that's just how it is.

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

7 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

A lot of conjecture there... you don't know. Rehab could be NHS, private, with the parent club or a handful of other things. The facts remain, nobody in the country needs to disclose their medical information, regardless of profession, to the public.

As I've said, I fully understand the frustration caused to us ALL by the Stazi style blackout, but that's just how it is.

And absolutely all of those things would be part of their work as a footballer. 

You are being very strange about this tbh. 

7 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

The regularity with which injury updates are given suggests it’s easier than you are saying. I get the need for private information to be kept private in the workplace but a club is well able to say “X player is not able to play this weekend due to injury”. You won’t find a footballer in the country that would kick up a fuss about that. 

The club have struggled with communication for the last few years. It got better when the team were flying but as is the case at most clubs, when the team is losing then everything goes quiet. It’s as if they are afraid to tell us anything whilst we are losing games. When the team were PT in League One we got a match preview that always outlined the fitness updates of players. There’s no reason why that can’t be issued in the same tweet as the one that has the link to the press conference. 

29 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The regularity with which injury updates are given suggests it’s easier than you are saying. I get the need for private information to be kept private in the workplace but a club is well able to say “X player is not able to play this weekend due to injury”. You won’t find a footballer in the country that would kick up a fuss about that. 

The club have struggled with communication for the last few years. It got better when the team were flying but as is the case at most clubs, when the team is losing then everything goes quiet. It’s as if they are afraid to tell us anything whilst we are losing games. When the team were PT in League One we got a match preview that always outlined the fitness updates of players. There’s no reason why that can’t be issued in the same tweet as the one that has the link to the press conference. 

I guess my point is, if the players decided they didn't want the information to be public, there's not a great deal the club could do on the matter. We just don't know.

I definitely agree, the general lack of communication from the club is and has been for a while, terrible.

*Edit. If you were out of contract in 6 games time... would you want the world knowing your medical status?.

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

This, communications is terrible at the moment. We got a less than two minute ‘press conference’ that you can barely hear. What’s the point?. Add that into the poor highlights package and poor social media presence it’s really not great. That simply needs addressed in the summer. I’d be looking at bringing someone in to purely focus on that side of things. 

29 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Feel like we are in a good place with Brown, he's done a decent job with a pretty hefty injury list.  I was looking at points gained Vs Bullen coming in.

I think the circumstances are not too dissimilar, this squad is a little better than what Bullen was working with but the injury crisis probably evens it out enough.  

First 9 games - Bullen 11 | Brown 15

Game 15 - Bullen 15 | Brown TBC but at least 15

Bullen then has an extra game Brown won't get and got to 18 points.  

I'd be surprised if that 18 point haul isn't surpassed.  It was seen as very good and the club were shouting about ending on mid table form that off-season.  Currently we are top of the form table over 10 games (1 of those belongs to Davie White) and third over 5 games.  Again, this has all been with at least 4 starting first team players injured in almost every game.  

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of squad he puts together next season.  

There has been a bit of a slow burn, a bit like when McCall took over. We didn’t have a traditional manager bounce where we went on a run of wins but there have been small improvements in different areas. 

On the recruitment, the players brought in are no better than the ones that went out, McHugh isn’t the same type of player but we are a worse team with him in it than we were with Jack Young. All the players brought in will be forgotten in a few months time. Granted it was the Christmas window. 
I’m not as hopeful on recruitment but possibly Brown will have more power to sway the direction of players in if he’s not happy.

Players out, I can see almost all of the out of contract players leaving to allow him to rebuild and mitigate the players he’s stuck with. 
I can see Dowds staying but we need someone to push him.

Reading has been better this year and I’m not against him staying but we need either a left back who can also fit in at CH or sign another prospect released from a decent youth set up that can hopefully develop. 
Murdoch deserves a chance to win a deal but like Musonda, he tends to miss a lot of football. 

A big plus for next season would be not knowing your season is fucked by the end of August. 

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

It’s not Morton we need to be worrying about with Dowds btw….

On the face of it his goal scoring record for us has been pretty decent. Then you remember that he’s only scored 4 goals against teams that aren’t called Airdrie. 

Just now, callum-ayr said:

It’s not Morton we need to be worrying about with Dowds btw….

I like Dowds and would love to keep him. But he doesn’t score a lot and I think a lot of the love for him is because he tries hard and is the only one scoring goals semi regularly. Also, the other players we have brought in haven’t been great. If he’d been at a club with another credible striking option, he’d probably have played a lot less. 
If he can get more money to sign for another club, he would go with my best wishes but I wouldn’t be heartbroken.  I wouldn’t pay over the odds to keep him. 

10 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I like Dowds and would love to keep him. But he doesn’t score a lot and I think a lot of the love for him is because he tries hard and is the only one scoring goals semi regularly. Also, the other players we have brought in haven’t been great. If he’d been at a club with another credible striking option, he’d probably have played a lot less. 
If he can get more money to sign for another club, he would go with my best wishes but I wouldn’t be heartbroken.  I wouldn’t pay over the odds to keep him. 

Pretty much my thoughts, Dowds is a bang average championship striker. I’d be happy enough for him to stick about next season however wouldn’t be overly fussed if he moved on. Reality of the situation is we need a massive clear out. 

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Christ two posts in one day from the club. Good to see we’ve found the Twitter log in details. 

Must be on here 

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Christ two posts in one day from the club. Good to see we’ve found the Twitter log in details. 

They defo read this thread.