The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

My best positions in fives are a) in nets and b) up front. I am 42 years old and live 500 miles from Somerset as the crow flies. I demand a contract with Ayr United Football Club.

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

And was picked for the SPFL team of the week 👏

One swallow doesn’t make a summer. There is plenty evidence to suggest McAllister is not remotely good enough to play regularly at this level. If this is the calibre of player we’re going to be re-signing/signing then we’re in for another dross season next year. 

Just now, Shibuya said:

Watch this space. Mark McKenzie will be inking a new 4 year deal shortly. 

Paddy Reading would be my guess and we’ll line up*with the two same fullbacks we have had for the past 3 seasons

*presuming Reading is fit enough for start of next season. 

Just now, Finlay21 said:

Sorry to disappoint you but I believe those positions are already spoken for next season

Given that there are zero competent players contracted for either of those two positions right now, is this another fearty ITK?

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

One swallow doesn’t make a summer. There is plenty evidence to suggest McAllister is not remotely good enough to play regularly at this level. If this is the calibre of player we’re going to be re-signing/signing then we’re in for another dross season next year. 

Maybe having a defensive internationalist on the coaching staff can enhance players 

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

Sorry to disappoint you but I believe those positions are already spoken for next season , could  you adapt to play in midfield 

Do tell us more….

The genuinely mental thing is Logan Chalmers is argueably our best player and one of the ones the vast majority of us would want to keep yet he’ll leave due to Scott Brown having some sort of bee in his bonnet about him. Watch him sign for a Raith or a Dunfermline and be their POTY next year. 

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Irritating as shit when someone with verified access to the club does stuff like this.

I was winding you up ,as you had limited playing positions , I know as much as you do re who is leaving and who is signing , no one at club mentions anything I found out about McAllister on X tonight like everyone else 

Edited by Finlay21

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

The genuinely mental thing is Logan Chalmers is argueably our best player and one of the ones the vast majority of us would want to keep yet he’ll leave due to Scott Brown having some sort of bee in his bonnet about him. Watch him sign for a Raith or a Dunfermline and be their POTY next year. 

Logan Chalmers won’t be the best player for any Championship club next season even if he signs for one of them. He’s woefully inconsistent and most full backs have some sort of idea as to how to stop him. He should be playing for us right now if he’s fit but the wages he’d be after to sign him permanently simply is not worth it. I’d be quite annoyed if we broke the bank to sign him. 

My season ticket purchase depends on the club actually making an effort with signings and doing so before the end of August... In my group of Ayr fan friends, many of whom have also previously been season tic holders, most have the same thoughts on the matter, as do a few at work and I'd imagine throughout our fanbase, outwith the core 1k group of fans.

We all want to get behind Smith, Broon and the club but we're not paying for more shite. 

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Logan Chalmers won’t be the best player for any Championship club next season even if he signs for one of them. He’s woefully inconsistent and most full backs have some sort of idea as to how to stop him. He should be playing for us right now if he’s fit but the wages he’d be after to sign him permanently simply is not worth it. I’d be quite annoyed if we broke the bank to sign him. 

As is every single wide player in this league. 

He is a fantastic footballer, who has tons of scope to improve. A better than one in three goal return in a team that has been an utter pile of shite for most of the season. 

I see the website's had another revamp. If the club is going to exclusively announce news on Twitter, might it be a good idea for them to link the fucking twitter account anywhere on the entire website?

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

As is every single wide player in this league. 

He is a fantastic footballer, who has tons of scope to improve. A better than one in three goal return in a team that has been an utter pile of shite for most of the season. 

Might be so but he still isn’t worth the money it would take to sign him. If the likes of Dunfermline or Raith want to spend that cash on him next season they can. I don’t see how he returns enough to warrant it. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Might be so but he still isn’t worth the money it would take to sign him. If the likes of Dunfermline or Raith want to spend that cash on him next season they can. I don’t see how he returns enough to warrant it. 

Aye those strong runners like Bryden and McKenzie are much better options.