The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, AUcal said:

If that is the thinking, I'd love to see him get behind the idea of having home fans use all 3 sides of the terracing when the away support is relatively small, once the NT is open and we can all move round.

Or even the whole run of the North Terracing yes

1 minute ago, Rb123 said:

Or even the whole run of the North Terracing yes

Home supporters having the whole run of North Terrace up to the corner for all games is my dream tbh. 

2 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Home supporters having the whole run of North Terrace up to the corner for all games is my dream tbh. 

Only issue i can see with that is toilet/catering facilities for away supporters.

As i presume with the mirrored toilets/pie shop at either end of the new stand, the ones nearest the railway end are to be used by away supporters..

*although there seems to be some doubt if they're actually being build for start of next season as both those ends have no work being done at them and they've just been covered up with metal cladding to hide the visible gap currently..

Edited by Rb123

10 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

TO BE FAIR.. Reading did appear to have come on leaps and bounds in the first few weeks under Brown and we were looking really good down the left hand side with Murphy and Reading before he got injured.

He was consistently in Scotland U19's/U21's playing with Harvie so there's clearly a player in there somewhere 

I do understand that, however should he be our starting left back next season and we don't have any cover or half decent option to replace him, you can see what will unfold from here and on the terraces.  I get the McAllister extension if he's a squad players, can cover everywhere at the back.  However again, need to be signing a decent right back.

9 minutes ago, AUcal said:

If that is the thinking, I'd love to see him get behind the idea of having home fans use all 3 sides of the terracing when the away support is relatively small, once the NT is open and we can all move round.

Not possible in games against clubs that'll bring more than a couple hundred, but I really like having the away support in stand / enclosure and having the terracing being used for home supporters - feels like an extra advantage. 

In the grand scheme of things it might not make much difference, but from a fans poitn of view i think its great.

Had heard they were looking into data and we scoring more goals shooting into the railway end, not sure if there is something in that.

4 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Only issue i can see with that is toilet/catering facilities for away supporters.

As i presume with the mirrored toilets/pie shop at either end of the new stand, the ones nearest the railway end are to be used by away supporters..

Yeah thats my assumption too. 

My thoughts on it are, with the club having already stated the intention of developing the other corner of the railway end (we were rejected for the grant i think) - maybe a possible idea for that corner would be to eventually add new catering and toilet block as part of a development. It could serve as the facilities for the away end - meaning that the North Stand could exist independently as a home area.

Edit.  I am of course getting ahead of myself. I'm just very excited to get back out on the NT tbh. SRE does my nut in quite a bit.

Edited by AUcal

3 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

I don't know if this has been discussed or finalised yet but if I were to buy a seat in the new stand would I still have access to the terrace for the two sunny home games each season? 

Yes, but only after you have auctioned off your seat to the highest bidder.

#wearebigtime

23 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Had heard they were looking into data and we scoring more goals shooting into the railway end, not sure if there is something in that.

That's superstition. If the club is paying for that sort of data analysis then they should cease to do so immediately.

1 hour ago, AUcal said:

Yeah thats my assumption too. 

My thoughts on it are, with the club having already stated the intention of developing the other corner of the railway end (we were rejected for the grant i think) - maybe a possible idea for that corner would be to eventually add new catering and toilet block as part of a development. It could serve as the facilities for the away end - meaning that the North Stand could exist independently as a home area.

Edit.  I am of course getting ahead of myself. I'm just very excited to get back out on the NT tbh. SRE does my nut in quite a bit.

The current toilets in away end will remain in place along with catering facilities , so hopefully home fans can get the full run for the majority of games 

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

That's superstition. If the club is paying for that sort of data analysis then they should cease to do so immediately.

I’m really not sure it will cost money to look into the percentages of goals scored at either end!

19 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m really not sure it will cost money to look into the percentages of goals scored at either end!

Considering anyone on here could spend 10 minutes doing it as well. 

I do agree that I don’t see the statistical benefit behind it beyond it just being a coincidence. I don’t however buy into the anger at the decision simply because “that’s how it’s been for years”. 

It's certainly not as out there as 95/96 when they stopped wearing the home kit for the last third of the season in case it was a jinx.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Considering anyone on here could spend 10 minutes doing it as well. 

I do agree that I don’t see the statistical benefit behind it beyond it just being a coincidence. I don’t however buy into the anger at the decision simply because “that’s how it’s been for years”. 

The only potential minor benefit I can see is that it doesn’t allow other teams to turn us round - in terms of sport psychology and focusing on your performance etc etc. The place does evidently flatten when a team turns us round. 

I’m very aware that is grasping at straws though! 

I can understand the frustration to an extent, and I don’t like it either - I guess it’s worse this year too whereas next year we could potentially have fans right up to the corner flag of the North Terrace. 

7 minutes ago, Iain said:

It's certainly not as out there as 95/96 when they stopped wearing the home kit for the last third of the season in case it was a jinx.

Did we not have a "cursed" away or third kit in the early 2000s as well? I think it was 2000-01.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

I am guessing this is priority access to the new stand rather that priority access to renew a season ticket in case they sell out…

I'm not renewing this season, well not at the moment.  Missed a few games for other reasons and missed a few because I just couldn't be arsed going along.  Value for money entertainment wise has just not been there and until I see some form of rectifying that in the summer (serious additions to the squad) I will just do PATG.  Been to 12 of our 16 home league games, 2 wins, 2 draws 8 defeats, scored 12 goals and conceded 20 :lol:

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

'm not renewing this season, well not at the moment.  Missed a few games for other reasons and missed a few because I just couldn't be arsed going along.  Value for money entertainment wise has just not been there and until I see some form of rectifying that in the summer (serious additions to the squad) I will just do PATG.  Been to 12 of our 16 home league games, 2 wins, 2 draws 8 defeats, scored 12 goals and conceded 20 :lol:

You sound like a Livingston fan mate . Each to their own though .

2 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

You sound like a Livingston fan mate . Each to their own though .

Just not worth it financially if you're missing x amount of games through other plans or just not wanting to go watch garbage week in week out.  If we're good to watch I would imagine they'll get more money out me in the long run.  It will be interesting to see what the prices are going up this year.  £22 is already steep for this level as a walk up price, think ST was £300 this year.  Payment scheme has been left late as well, was February last year which gave you 4/5 months.

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I'm not renewing this season, well not at the moment.  Missed a few games for other reasons and missed a few because I just couldn't be arsed going along.  Value for money entertainment wise has just not been there and until I see some form of rectifying that in the summer (serious additions to the squad) I will just do PATG.  Been to 12 of our 16 home league games, 2 wins, 2 draws 8 defeats, scored 12 goals and conceded 20 :lol:

You'll need to provide the club with the breakdown of those 12 goals scored by end if you want things to improve.