The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Both scored 13 last season and neither had a full season without injury or regular game time.

With both of these things then they “should” manage 15 goals. 

Both also played more games in a season last season than they have ever done.

Not sure how proneness to injury or whatever suddenly disappears from the equation.

They are both good signings. The likelihood of neither hitting double figures is just as strong as it is them both hitting 15.

Anyone know anything about the boy Warnock released by them?

Quick google of him there and it’s mentioned he’s a right winger. I’ve read a few snippets which suggest he’s a decent player. 

In a world where Chalmers doesn’t re-sign (and I don’t think he will) this move seems pretty plausible.

Just now, Jamie_M said:

Both also played more games in a season last season than they have ever done.

Not sure how proneness to injury or whatever suddenly disappears from the equation.

They are both good signings. The likelihood of neither hitting double figures is just as strong as it is them both hitting 15.

Anton will push it pretty close to 20 next season if he gets the league cup games for starters .

Just now, kaisayr said:

Quick google of him there and it’s mentioned he’s a right winger. I’ve read a few snippets which suggest he’s a decent player. 

In a world where Chalmers doesn’t re-sign (and I don’t think he will) this move seems pretty plausible.

It seems he's from Maybole and his dad has been at games at Somerset lately so maybe . The Killie boy who pops on here a lot was dropping hints yesterday but has failed to confirm .

26 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

You are delusional. Look back beyond this season and he averages about seven.  Have you asked him how his shoulder is.?

Are you the Morton weirdo who managed to make an arse of it on Twitter yesterday and ended up tagging Oakley in tweets? 

If so I’d be in hiding for a few days if I were you. 

26 minutes ago, kaisayr said:

Different type of player, not an out and out winger.

A very good talented midfielder who will do a job wherever he ends up.

46 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Not sure how either of them 'should' get something neither of them have achieved....

Cheek to call out hyperbole when you’re on the Morton forum claiming McGinty’s on two grand a week.

I’ve been phone less for the past two days so delighted to come back to several bits of transfer news. We’ve known for a while that Oakley was signing but I think most of us suspected this was instead of rather than as well as Anton Dowds so really happy we have both. 

I really liked Amartey but given he didn’t really seem to be fancied by Bullen or Brown there is little point in keeping him. Similar with Ahkeem Rose. Good luck to them both in the future. 

Personally wouldn’t have been offering Reading a new deal. As previously discussed full back has been our weak area for a few years now and we really need two new fullbacks/wingbacks depending on how Brown plans to play this season. If Reading (and McAllister) were 2nd choices to the starters then that would be fine but given he’s been given a two year deal I suspect he’ll be starting. We’ve apparently offered deals to Musonda and Sanders, personally I would only be keeping one of them as we can’t really be going into next season with almost the same defence and expect different results. 

1 hour ago, Dauntless said:

It seems he's from Maybole and his dad has been at games at Somerset lately so maybe . The Killie boy who pops on here a lot was dropping hints yesterday but has failed to confirm .

No I wasn’t talking about Warnock but he would be a good shout.

38 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Cheek to call out hyperbole when you’re on the Morton forum claiming McGinty’s on two grand a week.

Another year as well. Ooft.

Two strikers actually under contract who could be relied upon to hit a cow's arse with a banjo. Astonishing times, even if it's a pity Dowds is only on a year.

Still need to sort out delivery and figure out how to keep a clean sheet as more than an aberration, but over the last five years it's been mid-June before there's even been this much in place. Pleasing.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Still trying to take in the Broadfoot news I see?

Cheap way to get bags of experience around the club especially when we run such a tight backroom staff. Fittest man in the building so helping bring up standards in fitness and application and ex-Killie which is always a bonus because it riles you lot so much.

I guess we could be spunking cash on a fat mess like McGeady instead...

Edited by Jamie_M

22 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Cheap way to get bags of experience around the club especially when we run such a tight backroom staff. Fittest man in the building so helping bring up standards in fitness and application and ex-Killie which is always a bonus because it riles you lot so much.

I guess we could be spunking cash on a fat mess like McGeady instead...

McGeady is on pennies and he more back room than playing now a days, any way I'd rather have some one famous for having his own skill move on FIFA than one famously for burning himself making eggs in a microwave