The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I can't imagine any situation where I'd be angry enough about something football related to find myself on the thread of another club getting worked up about how much they may or may not make from a friendly.    

I'd actually be very surprised if I even knew if anyone else in our league was even playing one of the OF in a friendly come to think of it

Do we have to pay Council Tax to Inverclyde now we appear to be living rent free in several heads up there?

39 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Ffs don’t you lot understand that you have to pay these mobs a rather large match fee just to turn up at your pit. They don’t do charity work.

eric andre mind blown GIF by The Eric Andre Show

4 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I'm not going to any games this season because the club never came to my house to tell me that tickets were on sale.

Disgraceful way to treat fans.

So that will be 2 years in a row you haven't been?

8 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Club posted about hospitality sold out on FB and having to delete comments i see ffs lol

Safe to say they're well and truly getting the message about the SRE

Again though, these fans are pretty short sighted that they can’t see the benefits of a sell out here. It’s a meaningless friendly against a club that could easily fund the signing of an extra player. Not to mention the fact that we’ll likely get a decent crowd for the Killie game so that’s another boost to the budget. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Again though, these fans are pretty short sighted that they can’t see the benefits of a sell out here. It’s a meaningless friendly against a club that could easily fund the signing of an extra player. Not to mention the fact that we’ll likely get a decent crowd for the Killie game so that’s another boost to the budget. 

Yes agree we seem to have one of the most fickle fanbase...

Would have thought surely Musonda must have a deadline? He's the only one left of current squad we're waiting on, Chalmers is slightly different cause he was on loan.

It's a month tomorrow night since the season finished...

Is Musonda not still away on internationals? He’s probably been told to come back with a decision made. We still have no idea what’s happening with McGinty. 

22 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

I'm baffled too. Let the Celtic fans go behind both goals and boost the playing budget for games that actually matter. 

Aye it seems a bit of a throwback to the 90s where a game v one of the OF would have the town buzzing at seeing all the BIG NAME SUPERSTARS in the flesh.     I'd have assumed a vast majority of Ayr fans would have been looking at is from the financial viewpoint rather than the 'prestige' aspect but clearly not.  

I'm on holiday anyway but doubt I'd have even gone anyway

Wonder is announcing Dowds on Saturday was strategic, Brown was doing media for the Scottish cup final and then playing in the legends game on Sunday for Celtic. Announcing Dowds in the morning kind of removed the "whits he daen at the Scottish cup final? he should be concentrating on Ayr" element that would have came out. 

If it was deliberate, the club is learning. 

27 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

I'm baffled too. Let the Celtic fans go behind both goals and boost the playing budget for games that actually matter. 

Agree...would be a different story if we would fill the SRE but with a lot of fans returning to the NT or showing an interest in the new stand I would question if we could half fill the SRE... I get that this is our home end but moneys money and maybe a new player I  also have a concern that a number of the other side of the OF will infiltrate the SRE and look to stir things up a bit...