The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, railwayend said:

Any more today Robbo ? Getting greedy now !

Think club like fans having nice weekends , so enjoy next weekend 

9 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I didn’t rate him at Inverness, he reminded me of his dad, flashy but no real end product. Tried play Hollywood passes without the ability to pull them off. 
Felt he needed better coaching/mentoring than he was clearly getting at St Mirren. 
Hopefully he’s had it at County, and working with McGeady and Murphy will help him. 
May be a slow burn but a decent signing nonetheless. 

A lot of what you’ve just said there could very easily be attributed to Chalmers. 

32 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

If I had the cash I would be buying a season ticket.  Good feeling about the season with this kinda recruitment.  

Sorry to be that guy on this but: 

Could you imagine what Bullen would have been pissing this increased budget on.  Terrifying. 

Just now, itzdrk said:

Could you imagine what Bullen would have been pissing this increased budget on.  Terrifying. 

Nae need to apologise tbf you’re probably right. But it’s not him thankfully.

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Players for League 1

The only concern with this one at all (and less so with Stone) is the chances of them being recalled and moved on somewhere else in January.  

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

The only concern with this one at all (and less so with Stone) is the chances of them being recalled and moved on somewhere else in January.  

I’d say the only concern with this one is that Macallister doesn’t try n crock him in training 😂

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

A lot of what you’ve just said there could very easily be attributed to Chalmers. 

Chalmers based on the last time I saw Henderson was twice the player he is. 

That was two years ago. I am sure Henderson has improved since then. 

This is the kind of signing another team in our league would have made last season while we picked fluff out of our collective navels waiting on what was shat in to the loan market in September. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Chalmers based on the last time I saw Henderson was twice the player he is. 

That was two years ago. I am sure Henderson has improved since then. 

This is the kind of signing another team in our league would have made last season while we picked fluff out of our collective navels waiting on what was shat in to the loan market in September. 

Aye definitely but then we only really got a fleeting view of Henderson and in that game he took the piss out us all game (the caveat being he was up against McAllister). 

I don’t see him really being any worse or a great improvement on Chalmers. We’ve got two Championship quality strikers here so the pressure on him to score isn’t as great. If he can get 5-8 goals and the same in assists whilst being a good out ball for the team then that’ll do me. If we can get the same on the opposite side then we’re doing really well but the demands on the defence are going to be high which is why it’s going to be important who we sign to play in midfield and at full back. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye definitely but then we only really got a fleeting view of Henderson and in that game he took the piss out us all game (the caveat being he was up against McAllister). 

I don’t see him really being any worse or a great improvement on Chalmers. We’ve got two Championship quality strikers here so the pressure on him to score isn’t as great. If he can get 5-8 goals and the same in assists whilst being a good out ball for the team then that’ll do me. If we can get the same on the opposite side then we’re doing really well but the demands on the defence are going to be high which is why it’s going to be important who we sign to play in midfield and at full back. 

If we can get the ball up to him and he can draw fouls will be a great option! Especially given the height in the team with Dowds Oakley and mcginty. 

43 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I didn’t rate him at Inverness, he reminded me of his dad, flashy but no real end product. Tried play Hollywood passes without the ability to pull them off. 
Felt he needed better coaching/mentoring than he was clearly getting at St Mirren. 
Hopefully he’s had it at County, and working with McGeady and Murphy will help him. 
May be a slow burn but a decent signing nonetheless. 

33 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Two players that we get told have no end product despite their numbers at this level being excellent?

40 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Better than Chalmers based on their respective loans at ICT? 

Henderson made an instant impact at The Caley. Chalmers only came into a game about a month before the Playoffs the year before.