The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Devlin is quoted as being only 30.  Assumed he was much older given the chat from the Livingston fans.  Hopefully he’s still got something in the tank for us. 

I did post earlier my thoughts on Devlin, for your sake I'd hoped you didn't sign him. For our sake, I'm glad he'll be shipping goals in our games for a different team :D 

Edited by ATLIS

7 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Welcome to the party Meadowbank fans. The league season isn’t even going yet and we seem to have a few teams fans “on strings”. I make it 3/4. The Scott Brown effect?

IMG_6434.jpeg.08d0bf05f5d1894db63434f767be952b.jpeg

Get that pic tae f**k 🤢 agree with yer comments tho!

The Livi fans reaction is like when yer mate and his burd split up and he's all like, aye she's a phyco, she's this and that.... only to watch the lass go on to thrive in life while he rides the bitter bus to the maccaroni factory. 

Some start to pre season. Morton, Falkirk and Livi all absolutely ragin at us haha ⚫⚪

1 hour ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

The Livi fans reaction is like when yer mate and his burd split up and he's all like, aye she's a phyco, she's this and that.... only to watch the lass go on to thrive in life while he rides the bitter bus to the maccaroni factory. 

Some start to pre season. Morton, Falkirk and Livi all absolutely ragin at us haha ⚫⚪

'thrive in life'

Ayr United 😂

1 hour ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Or they're just giving us their honest opinions on him.

16 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

Or they're just giving us their honest opinions on him.

Or, more likely, he was their Space Goat.   Would Martindale have put him in their Starting line up for a whole season, if he is as poor as they say ?   After all, Martindale managed to keep that Double Administration Team in the top flight longer than anyone expected.

Final word: If he doesn't perform, I don't see Brown persevering.

Some of the comments about Oakley from Greenock reeked of bitterness. These comments about Devlin are genuinely concerning though.

Will not judge until at least the end of August but you can’t just write off opinions like ‘he is the worst player I’ve ever seen’.

Shankland was a lazy arse and was done, Jamie Adams couldn't kick a ball any more, Dipo was a journey man who couldn't hit a barn door etc etc  All wrong

Alex Kenyon was done, Chris McGuire was done, Kevin Kyle was done etc etc all correct 

Devlin might be great, might be Ok or might be a disaster but as many have said he's not our only option, if it does not work he's a squad player behind Frankie, Stanger and McMann, Brown so far has not got many wrong I trust him again.

1 hour ago, baba douche said:

'thrive in life'

Ayr United 😂

Be interesting to see how Brown’s hoofball tactics get on this season & maybe the sycophants down in Ayr will be in for a bumpy ride once the route one tactics are found to be as successful as his managerial gig down south. 

1 hour ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Some of the comments about Oakley from Greenock reeked of bitterness. These comments about Devlin are genuinely concerning though.

Will not judge until at least the end of August but you can’t just write off opinions like ‘he is the worst player I’ve ever seen’.

My mates an Aberdeen fan and he said he actually liked Devlin as a player however he was massively injury prone and ‘his ankles were made from quavers’.

We now have options across the defence, which is more than can be said for a few a seasons past. We've gone from worrying about RB to feeling pretty okay about it as long as Watret keeps performing - which I think he will.

I'd like to see us now try to move McMann out to LB to see how he performs in his natural position - so far I think he has been a mixed bag at CB, (but generally better than a lot of what we've had at that position in recent times).

I'd like to think our planned starting 2 CB's will be Musonda and Stanger, but I'd imagine the plan will be to have a lot of rotation with Devlin. If Devlin proves to be the player that Livi fans are talking about then we can take him out and put McMann back in as a CB cover (or starter, depending on Injuries etc).

Overall, I feel a lot more confident in our defence going into a league season than I have for a long time. Dempsey isn't perfect but I think with him in front of the defence we'll look a lot more settled than we did in the 1st half against Falkirk. Although, 2nd half I felt we stifled Falkirk very well and limited the space they had been getting before the break.

Edited by AUcal